• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mcnabbs Protege....

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like a really good kid with the athletic ability and physical traits you look for in a QB, especially in a Chip Kelly offense. He's extremely raw, inconsistent, inaccurate at times and lacks great pocket awareness. Not saying he can't develop these traits, but he has a lot of work to do. I really believe Kelly goes hard after Mariota, if he fails to get Mariota I think he'll settle for Hundley. Hopefully in the 2nd round.

It's unfortunate Hundley and McNabb are close -- McNabb didn't showcase leadership qualities as an Eagle. He often came off as a diva and would throw teammates under the bus at times. I don't see him as a good role model.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like him for our scheme ... really nice arm and great athleticism. Played behind a crappy OL and didn't have much talent at receiver. I'm interested to see how he does at the Combine ... I know all eyes will be on Mariotta, but I think Hundley could have a really nice showing too.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiss of death for this kid. He probably doesn't even realize it.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like him for our scheme ... really nice arm and great athleticism. Played behind a crappy OL and didn't have much talent at receiver. I'm interested to see how he does at the Combine ... I know all eyes will be on Mariotta, but I think Hundley could have a really nice showing too.

I am warming to Hundley the more I am going through some you tubes and such on him the more I think he could really flourish in our offense. I would give him a year behind foles and see what happens. If Foles returns to 3/4 of what he was in 2013 then you have to resign him and Hundley becomes an asset. If Foles fails then Hundley can take over in 2016. And you don't have to trade you entire future to get a QB.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked him until I learned he was a McNabb protege. Now I am scared.

Macho Grande

Would Sacrifice You In An Emergency
The Magumba Bar in Drambuie, off the Barbary Coast
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,889.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
t
I liked him until I learned he was a McNabb protege. Now I am scared.

He could do a lot worse than listening to a guy who led his team to 4 conference championship games and a Super Bowl appearance. Just sayin'. And most of that with garbage receivers. McNabb also stayed out of trouble off the field too. Worked with his receivers in the off-season during his spare time, etc etc.

I like the fact that Hundley actually values the opinions of people who have already been down the road that he's traveling. That's usually the sign of a smart kid with a good head on his shoulders.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he may be smarter than Winston, but anything short of the second round and I would be immensely dissappointed with him as our draft pick.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can only imagine the stupd shit nabby is filling his ears with. And nabby had that great defense when he "led" that team to all those post season appearances. Leader? Lol...

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah…McNabb was a very poor leader. He would rarely hold himself accountable and would throw his teammates under the bus multiple times. He was a Diva and it wasn't long before his "good guy" act was exposed for who he really was. Hundley could've found much better role models.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could do a lot worse than listening to a guy who led his team to 4 conference championship games and a Super Bowl appearance. Just sayin'.

How is mcnabb going to teach him to go to one of the best defenses of the decade and also go a team with one of the best coaches of the decade? Led?? LOL

iceman42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Hundley from an athletic and skills perspective .. I just dont know about his decision making and intangibles -- some times (and this could be due to his choice of weapons and OL issues) it would leave you scratching your head, even last year -- those are the things that you cannot teach and will typically hold a QB back.

Macho Grande

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,889.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is mcnabb going to teach him to go to one of the best defenses of the decade and also go a team with one of the best coaches of the decade? Led?? LOL

Some of you guys need to work on a new shtick. This one passed tired years ago. :bored:

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh McNabb jokes never get old. We still make Eric Swann free agent jokes, Gari Scott and Na Brown training camp stud jokes, etc.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you guys need to work on a new shtick. This one passed tired years ago. :bored:

Well someone posted some silly mcnabb shit. It couldn't just sit there stinking up the place. I got a shovel, put it in a bag and got rid of the stench. Don't stink it up again.

Macho Grande

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,889.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well someone posted some silly mcnabb shit. It couldn't just sit there stinking up the place. I got a shovel, put it in a bag and got rid of the stench. Don't stink it up again.

Sorry, but the only shitty comment between us was made by you when you implied that all of McNabb's success was due to defense and the coach. A coach who clearly wasn't sharp enough to ditch McNabb sooner. Where was your great coach then? Either McNabb isn't nearly as bad as you like to pretend he is, or that coach of yours was a real dumbass for sticking with such a terrible quarterback. Can't have it both ways. Good coaches don't stick with shitty qb's for a whole decade.

So stupid anyway, because I was just trying to make a point about Hundley. That's who this thread is about since you clearly missed it. I really couldn't care less about McNabb. Get over your obsession with him already.

EKA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we're off. This thread will no longer be about hundley.

I think it's good for the kid talk with someone who has been here before and handled himself well his whole career. No off-field issues, good in the community, considered one of the best at his position at the time etc. Shows me the kid is serious about his career.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we're off. This thread will no longer be about hundley.

I think it's good for the kid talk with someone who has been here before and handled himself well his whole career. No off-field issues, good in the community, considered one of the best at his position at the time etc. Shows me the kid is serious about his career.

Crying like a bitch and throwing teammates under the bus isn't good for the community.

This is about Hundley. If Hundley turns out to be a good leader of men, he'll be opposite Mcnabb in that regard.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but the only shitty comment between us was made by you when you implied that all of McNabb's success was due to defense and the coach. A coach who clearly wasn't sharp enough to ditch McNabb sooner. Where was your great coach then? Either McNabb isn't nearly as bad as you like to pretend he is, or that coach of yours was a real dumbass for sticking with such a terrible quarterback. Can't have it both ways. Good coaches don't stick with shitty qb's for a whole decade.

So stupid anyway, because I was just trying to make a point about Hundley. That's who this thread is about since you clearly missed it. I really couldn't care less about McNabb. Get over your obsession with him already.

The only thing Mcnabb led was the failures in our playoff losses. Fumbled against the rams, and ended it with a pick. Proved he was a lesser QB than Brad Johnson when he needed to be better. Couldn't move the ball in 3 quarters as much as Koy Detmer did in one drive against the Panthers. Threw back to back picks to Rodney Harrsion on back to back plays in pathetic fashion, and shit the bed in the second half. But all that is historical fact, it only got brought up because someone made the stupid statement that mcanbb led anything successfully.