• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McNabb popped for a second DUI

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its a little unfair to pick apart his game. Despite his shortcomings, he may be one of the 2-3 best QBs the Eagles have ever had. If he could have just executed that one drive, people in this town would love him.

But he clearly does not connect with the fans. The closet pick is an epic example of that. This is not Brett Favre, riding out his retirement on his farm in Mississippi, cutting his own grass and popping in on the local high school team.

Twitter ruins a guy like McNabb. He is not the sort of personality that should be managing his own public image. By giving up little glimpses of himself, we learn to hate him more.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reid got so much out of that pile of garbage. A shame we never got to see a real QB run Reid's offense with JJ's defense backing them up.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 QBs picked in the first 12 picks of that draft. Tim Couch, McNabb, Akili Smith, Daunte Culpepper and Cade McNown. In retrospect the only one that even had a couple of years as good as McNabb was Culpepper and he was never the same after the injury. The Eagles were fortunate to get the pick of that group.

IMO the big missed opportunity was when Brees and Culpepper were on the open market a few years later. But teams shied away as they were damaged goods at the time, and the Eagles had McNabb.

While I am far from sold on Bradford, it is a Brees/Culpepper sort of signing. Very bold with the potential for a Franchise changing sort of outcome. When or lose, I think it is the right play.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The situation you get drafted into determines a lot. Mcnabb probably ends up with the career of Akili if he went there. This was a top notch defense here and Andy always had good olines. Nothing helps a young qb more than those two things and a coach to orchestrate it all.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The situation you get drafted into determines a lot. Mcnabb probably ends up with the career of Akili if he went there. This was a top notch defense here and Andy always had good olines. Nothing helps a young qb more than those two things and a coach to orchestrate it all.

I do agree that so many of these QBs kind of luck into a good or bad situation and it impacts their entire career. I never felt that Joe Montana was that great, but he had a great coach and one of the best receivers of all time. Montana executed that offense perfectly. Case in point is Steve Young looked like crap in Tampa, then gets traded to SF and wins well. Similarly, Testaverde did little in Tampa, but looked good playing for Parcells a decade later. Same could be said of Doug Williams and his nice little run he had in Washington. I guess Tampa is a sink hole for QBs.

Bring this back to the modern day, and I do think people are underestimating Sanchez as well as Bradford. Both were top 5 picks who went to these horrible teams with lousy offensive systems. I am not convinced that Sanchez won't win the job outright and turn Bradford into a fairly expensive bench warmer this year. The Jets and Rams are modern day Tampa sort of teams that have no clue on how to build or run an offense. Both these guys have the potential to way outperform their NFL history.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchez never developed. Hopefully Bradford still can.

Just look at Sanchez last year. He kept throwing it to the slot because he didn't trust himself to throw it outside. Still plays panicky after all these years in the league. Maybe another year in the same offense helps him, but Bradford brings so much more to the table.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchez never developed. Hopefully Bradford still can.

Just look at Sanchez last year. He kept throwing it to the slot because he didn't trust himself to throw it outside. Still plays panicky after all these years in the league. Maybe another year in the same offense helps him, but Bradford brings so much more to the table.

I hear ya. Both are projects to a degree and clearly Bradford had the better tool set. I really think Kelly is quite pleased to have both of these guys and figures he can win with either one. A big part of the reason why I am bullish on the Eagles this year is the depth they have here. I really don't think this team's fortunes live or die on one quarterback's health or development. The uncertainty has the various prognosticators a little down on the Eagles, but one of these guys is going to surprise alot of people this year. I don't think Kelly cares all that much on which one it is. If Bradford is still being babied in TC, I expect Sanchez will be under center in week one.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys shouldn't have closets that well organized. I will give him credit for having a full time maid maybe that organized that sh-- for him. But if that it the way you live, you should have a driver as well. Especially after the 1st DUI. Dude is going to spend 90 days minimum in jail because he wouldn't hand the car keys off. Freakin dumb as dirt.

Then to tweet a picture of your closet. Not exactly the way to connect with the average guy. More idiocy.

He won't get 90 days in jail. 60 days in tent city with a work release schedule, along with counseling/alcohol classes & an interlock breathalyzer installed in his vehicle.

But if this was an extreme DUI, he is fucked.

Hopefully his lawyer is smart enough to drag this out so that his sentence is served during the winter. You don't want to serve time in tent city during the summer.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't even think of tent city, wow. Is it in Maricopa County?

Keep in mind that McNabb has issues with heat. That is why he puked in games. It was usually in Florida or other warm climes.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya. Both are projects to a degree and clearly Bradford had the better tool set. I really think Kelly is quite pleased to have both of these guys and figures he can win with either one. A big part of the reason why I am bullish on the Eagles this year is the depth they have here. I really don't think this team's fortunes live or die on one quarterback's health or development. The uncertainty has the various prognosticators a little down on the Eagles, but one of these guys is going to surprise alot of people this year. I don't think Kelly cares all that much on which one it is. If Bradford is still being babied in TC, I expect Sanchez will be under center in week one.

I think it's simpler than that. Sanchez is a back up, and Kelly thinks he could do worse with his backup QB than Sanchez, and he knows he's used his backup for an extended period of time every year he's been in the league.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's simpler than that. Sanchez is a back up, and Kelly thinks he could do worse with his backup QB than Sanchez, and he knows he's used his backup for an extended period of time every year he's been in the league.

Kelly is a win the day guy. I don't think he thinks down the road very far. If he is not comfortable that Bradford is fully prepared and the best QB to win week 1, he could very well go with Sanchez.

Bradford needs to come into camp healthy and get the vast majority of reps. He needs that to be the Eagles best QB. If he is not getting that in August, I doubt he will be the best option in September.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe people still feel a need to even talk about Mcnabb anymore.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe people still feel a need to even talk about Mcnabb anymore.

I was actually just thinking the same thing reading this thread. As said, some people hate, regardless of any real reason. I'm not a fan of him off the field and find him rather racist, but think he served us very well and could have done even better if the supposed great coach had given him more weapons. What he had was dead last starting WR's in the entire NFL multiple seasons. The 1 year we got a stud, we go to the SB. IMHO the coach's personnel decisions is just as much to blame as the QB. A QB shouldn't have to carry the entire load. As it has been shown, the year we went to the SB the QB rating of mcnabb thru the playoffs was better than Peyton Manning's playoffs the year he WON the SB. Point being, it's not always the QB that carries the team. McNabb is a joke outside of the NFL and continues to make himself look bad. But he was more than enough for our needs, and the best of his class. To say he was the most overrated is pure bias. He is just one of many that didn't get over the final hump. IMHO, He goes down in the same class as Jim Kelly, just as Reid (so far) is comparable to Marv Levy.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we had picked Culpepper, we win a SB. I will take that to my grave.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like him or not, I would think that Eagles fans would be interested in the personal troubles of Donovan McNabb, which sound pretty bad. It sounds like people close to him are very concerned according to news reports.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like him or not, I would think that Eagles fans would be interested in the personal troubles of Donovan McNabb, which sound pretty bad. It sounds like people close to him are very concerned according to news reports.
Are his parents blaming Philadelphia yet?

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we had picked Culpepper, we win a SB. I will take that to my grave.

I respect your opinion, but I don't think Culpepper was much of anything without Moss. He had one of the best WR's in the league to throw to. Send Moss to McNabb instead, and I think that's a much stronger option. I think that was proven in what we did with TO. Then again, I doubt Reid or McNabb could have handled Moss's character any better than they could TO. But I think you overplay Culpepper considering what he had to throw to. The difference between Pinkston/Thrash and Moss is "MUCH" greater than that of McNabb and Culpepper.