• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McNabb popped for a second DUI

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respect your opinion, but I don't think Culpepper was much of anything without Moss. He had one of the best WR's in the league to throw to. Send Moss to McNabb instead, and I think that's a much stronger option. I think that was proven in what we did with TO. Then again, I doubt Reid or McNabb could have handled Moss's character any better than they could TO. But I think you overplay Culpepper considering what he had to throw to. The difference between Pinkston/Thrash and Moss is "MUCH" greater than that of McNabb and Culpepper.
Culpepper was a much more accurate QB--even prior to the NFL, and that was a glaring weakness for McNabb.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets take a look at how they scored on the Wonderlic test.

Culpepper - 18
McNabb -14

Brady -33
Eli Manning - 39
Peyton Manning - 28
Aaron Rodgers - 35

They both had issues processing what they were seeing on the field. I was a big McNabb fan until his last couple years here. That can be said about a lot of players that unfortunately couldn't beat father time.

Sam Bradford - 36
Marc Sanchez - 28
Matt Barkley - 30
Tim Tebow - 22

If Bradford is healthy I believe he will do amazing things with Chip's offense. He can make all the throws and more importantly he can process things quickly.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really liked Culpepper. Amazing athlete and seemed to be a really loyal, sincere guy. He was only drafted last of that group because he went to a small college. If not for his injury I do think he would have been the best of the bunch.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have liked to have seen Culpepper play with thrash/pinkston and seen how he did

We saw how McNabb did with TO.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quit oversimplifying Owens. While we went to the Super Bowl, the number 2 D and Westbrook were just as important as TO that year. We were also just as good in the two previous years although the D wasn't as good. Owens was great but the teams we played in the conference championships the previous two years had better D than the Super Bowl year. The only common theme the three years were nabby choked to end the season.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The super bowl year we got to play a playground qb in Mike Vick and Jim Johnson and his guys owned him. That's why we went to the super bowl unlike the other years.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox has suspended McNabb. This could be the end for him. There is a huge supply of ex Jocks willing to talk about football, and McNabb is not remarkable at it. I think the next time we see him he will be signing autographs for money somewhere.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quit oversimplifying Owens. While we went to the Super Bowl, the number 2 D and Westbrook were just as important as TO that year. We were also just as good in the two previous years although the D wasn't as good. Owens was great but the teams we played in the conference championships the previous two years had better D than the Super Bowl year. The only common theme the three years were nabby choked to end the season.

we had good defenses the years before
we had westbrook the years before

And we didn't just go to the superbowl - we DOMINATED the season for the very first time - so much so that starters got 4 weeks off (unheard of) and westbrook was healthy going into the playoffs for the first time.

TO set franchise records for a WR and allowed the poor McNabb to set franchise records as a QB.

I think your the one oversimplifying the impact of a stud WR to the QB position, whether it's mcnabb, culpepper, or anyone else.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox has suspended McNabb. This could be the end for him. There is a huge supply of ex Jocks willing to talk about football, and McNabb is not remarkable at it. I think the next time we see him he will be signing autographs for money somewhere.

and it should be the end of him as a sports journalist. He is not the image that the NFL wants to portray, and he has no one but himself to blame.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we had good defenses the years before
we had westbrook the years before

And we didn't just go to the superbowl - we DOMINATED the season for the very first time - so much so that starters got 4 weeks off (unheard of) and westbrook was healthy going into the playoffs for the first time.

TO set franchise records for a WR and allowed the poor McNabb to set franchise records as a QB.

I think your the one oversimplifying the impact of a stud WR to the QB position, whether it's mcnabb, culpepper, or anyone else.

Because TO, Moss and all those superstar WR's won what? Clearly the QB can win without them as well as with them. Brady and Rogers have proven this many times. This proves nabby was average and needed players to elevate his game.

ErkTheJerk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mean to change the subject back to the topic but now it comes out that his blood alcohol level was more than twice the legal limit. Could be a little more jail time for him. He's a douche but it's kinda sad.

The videos TMZ has are interesting. I swear the cop was fuckin' with him during the 'follow the light' test. It went on and on and on. LOL

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because TO, Moss and all those superstar WR's won what? Clearly the QB can win without them as well as with them. Brady and Rogers have proven this many times. This proves nabby was average and needed players to elevate his game.

and I think football is a 'team' game that has a lot more to do with how well players work together. Peyton has a SB but was bailed out by his defense. Yes, a QB can make a WR better, and yes a WR can make a QB better. I think McNabb was a bit above average - but a strong case can be made to say he was not elite. But the point is, the coach should have had better personnel around him - and he did not. He gave him the last place set of starting WR's and then started the #1 most pass happy offense the NFL had seen for it's time. Common sense would have thought you wanted a better WR. When we got one, we saw the results - both in the regular season; the health of other major players; and franchise records set. I think history speaks for itself. It's a shame the coach didn't learn the lesson and instead warped the passing even more until it broke. But I agree with you McNabb can't carry a team. I just don't think a "ANY" QB should have to. There are very very few that can. And as already said, Peyton manning is considered one of the best, and he was bailed out by his defense. There is so much more to winning in football than just the QB. A SB team should have players that elevate each other, and that's the coaches job to put them in that situation. Agree to disagree on the rest. Not trying to call you out or pick a fight - we just see things differently.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed you completely avoided Brady. But anyway, if nabby would have just made a couple plays here and there instead of the funk he went under in big games we would have had two Superbowls. Yeah we disagree.

petemily

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he still part of the radio show McNabb and Malone? He's absolutely awful on the air. Anybody ever hear him?

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed you completely avoided Brady. But anyway, if nabby would have just made a couple plays here and there instead of the funk he went under in big games we would have had two Superbowls. Yeah we disagree.

if your plan is to find the next Tom Brady as a prerequisite to win a SB then PHI will truly never win one. There are better ways than to expect your QB to carry the entire team. What happens when McNabb did what he could to pull the team back into the lead like the ARI playoff, only to have the defense fail to hold the team with less than 2 minutes in the game? The coach inherited an incredible defense, and it slowly went to garbage thru his tenure. I'm not saying McNabb did not miss some plays or opportunities - but to act like that's the sole reason we don't have a SB is a very narrow vision. There are just as many other aspects to look at that could have changed it as well - from a WR missing a ball that was catchable; to a Coach not taking 8 minutes off a drive when you need 2 scores and causing multiple delay of game penalties; to running the ball when it was working (something that I think Runyan was seen even arguing with the coach about on the sidelines in the CAR nfcc game). To think it's all the QB just comes across as extreme bias. I agree, McNabb is not Tom Brady. But we have been close enough, and he showed what he could do with a good WR, that I think we had better opportunities if the coach put better personnel around him. Again, differing opinions, but I think mine are backed by more realtime evidence, and yours seem to be based more on bias without rational. You just admitted you have not liked him since college. It seems to me, you allow that to cloud your judgement. Again, not picking a fight - just telling you what I see on the subject.

As far as the DUI - the guy is an idiot. He comes across as being a bit racist; weak mentally in dealing with other strong/competitive personalities; puts his nose where it isn't wanted and doesn't belong (as he did with RGIII), and is irresponsible, as we are seeing he seems to have a drinking issue. All of this doesn't change anything about what he did on the field. But it definitely continues to lower my opinon of him as a person off the field. Then again, I have never thought much of Djax or TO as well, but I'd love to have them playing for me on a football team.

And you didn't address the fact that Peyton Manning, one of the best in the game, did FAR FAR WORSE in the playoffs, yet has a lone SB ring because the defense bailed him out, giving supporting evidence that SB rings are not just won by a great QB carrying a team.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this thread has run its course. Let's get ready for TC.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McNabb was reportedly apprehended when Arizona officials noticed a field of dead worms, killed by flying bottles hurled into the turf at high rates of speed. He was immediately brought into custody.

6777354.jpg