• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McCloughan hired

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much does everyone have faith in McCloughan? If he says we should draft Jamesis Winston (not discussing where we pick) do we just do what ever he thinks because he is supposed to be a top evaluator or do you question it? For the record I am not saying we should draft Crab Legs Winston but trying to calm down the McCloughan love until he proves he deserves it. We have seen over and over and over Dan Snyder making moves in the off season that never pan out. Now this isn't a player so its different but anyone being a Redskin fan for over 15+ years as seen the Snyder Curse in action. Good moves seem to allude us. I hope we finally found help in the front office to steer this sinking ship (not sunk ship). I will sit back, nervously watch us draft and then pray McCloughan does have the golden touch/eye.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much does everyone have faith in McCloughan? If he says we should draft Jamesis Winston (not discussing where we pick) do we just do what ever he thinks because he is supposed to be a top evaluator or do you question it? For the record I am not saying we should draft Crab Legs Winston but trying to calm down the McCloughan love until he proves he deserves it. We have seen over and over and over Dan Snyder making moves in the off season that never pan out. Now this isn't a player so its different but anyone being a Redskin fan for over 15+ years as seen the Snyder Curse in action. Good moves seem to allude us. I hope we finally found help in the front office to steer this sinking ship (not sunk ship). I will sit back, nervously watch us draft and then pray McCloughan does have the golden touch/eye.

no need to calm down the mccloughan love most think danny will hand cuff him

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Within 5 years we will be in the super bowl
Scot is no bull shit. He is the real deal
Will take time to turn over the roster

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just now getting a chance to sit down and listen to McCloughan's press conference and interviews and I am impressed. I obviously do not have his skills but I agree with his direction.

Limit yourself in free agency. You pay way too much for those guys.

Build through the draft and best world is being good at middle to late rounds because you don't get hit hard against the cap with players drafted then. Alf is a perfect example, look at all the production they have got out of him for less than a million a year.

Only 110 days until the draft ... I am excited.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are acting like this is the first time Danny finally got out of the way and hired "football people". He has done that. 4 times. First with Marty who went 8-8 before Danny fucked that up. Then with Gibbs 2 who had final say over the roster and got Danny out of the draft room, then with Shanny who had it in his contract that he had control of personnel, and finally with Bruce who is a career "football person" and former GM which puts to rest the claim that this is the first "real GM" he has hired.

SM did a great job in SF but was fired after only 2 years as GM despite doing a great job. He then only lasted 4 in Seattle despite doing an amazing job there as well. We all know the reason and that reason still exists.

I don't blame unbridled optimism. If you can't be excited now then there's no use being a fan. So I'm not telling anyone not to be excited. Me? I'm taking a wait and see approach for once. I've seen this movie before, just about every Snyder move sounded great at the time. Now it's clear that everything he touches turns to coal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought about your Winston question a few days ago and my answer is if GMSM thinks he is the right pick then I am 100% behind it. He knows more than I do.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought about your Winston question a few days ago and my answer is if GMSM thinks he is the right pick then I am 100% behind it. He knows more than I do.

With one exception. Scot does not know this asylum as well as we do. You might be able to take a Winston into New England and in that environment that is well structured and everyone toes the line, he might work out. You put him in this mad house where confusion and back stabbing and self promoting reign, and I believe is is a recipe for disaster.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm calling bs on its going to take years to fix this . I'm here to say we will be a playoff team next year why you ask? Its because haselett is gone are defense will be a lot better and mclue will throw away the garbage and rg3 will work harder and there are big turn arounds in the nfl every year 10-6

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct DGF, Dan has hired football people before.

He hired Marty (we barely knew you) so there isn't much you can say there.

He hired St. Joe Gibbs and as happy as I was about that move I kept telling myself "Joe is not a personnel guy." That was clearly true at the end of Gibbs Part 2.

He hired Shanahan another good football coach but not a personnel guy. I wondered about him ordering the ingredients for the pizza. I wanted him to be the cook.

This is the first time he has hired a top notch GM. I think we would all agree there aren't 32 good GMs in the NFL.

Only time will tell if this time will be different. I know this much, I had to run errands today so I was relistening to McCloughan's presser and interviews and I am developing a serious man crush. This guy talks football like a talent evaluator.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm calling bs on its going to take years to fix this . I'm here to say we will be a playoff team next year why you ask? Its because haselett is gone are defense will be a lot better and mclue will throw away the garbage and rg3 will work harder and there are big turn arounds in the nfl every year 10-6

I'm calling BS on this. The Redskins didn't make the playoffs just because of Haslett. Haslett couldn't block on the o-line, throw a pass, and I never seen him on the field making a tackle. The players we have are mostly responsible for the play on the field. Now I agree I am glad Haslett is gone but the same players remain. I don't see us getting into the playoffs next year but we do have a good chance in 2016. I predict a 8-8 season next season. Then in 2016 we go 10-6.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

then you are being a fool and you will be let down this time next season :suds: