• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McCloughan hired

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all i am saying is i was told no one of value would come here . the only person saying wait and see was me .

well danny at least attempted to learn as did allen . we got the best talent guy we could and gave him the power

just saying

now if you are going to shove negativity down my throat for god knows how many weeks ,/months then you best believe i am going to push back

some of you think you can say your opinions and feelings and i dont have any right to say mine particularly when i was right . well thats crap

every damn thread regardless of what the topic was always went back to a bash a thon

i got tired of it and i said my piece and did something about it

as for kiem , i havent read his piece yet , so i dont know it but the bottom line is he had final say EVEN if it wasnt his idea

i will read it and if he can back it up then i will have to rethink my position

My post was mostly tongue in cheek. :noidea: Push all you want, I too will say I what I want too. Probably not as often as you though. :whistle:

I don't believe anyone ever said you do not have a right to your opinions. I think the only time anyone got upset was when you were about to go all Kim Jong-un on us and tell us how, when and where to post.

As for the McNabb and Griffin comment. Mike Jones reported the same thing yesterday. Believe what you want and we all know nothing is right until you give it your stamp of approval but as many of us were saying Dan and Bruce were working behind the scenes.

To sum it all up I think most of us are very happy McCloughan was hired. Those of us who are realists hope that won't come with Dan and Bruce making their suggestions and effecting how things are done. Like it or not that is what happens here and has happened here since Snyder has been owner. Clearly Snyder and Allen know bumpkiss about personnel, if they are smart they stay out of his way and let him do his job. If they aren't and that is the way they trend then this hiring is no different than any others.

Like you I am excited. I am now extra anxious to see what the Redskins do. See we have won the off the field title and now the off season title. Go Scot!!! Go Redskins!!!

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol we are starting early this year. I'm sure we will know every posters religion and political views by april
I'm a republican religion is private size 11 shoe

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to give Dan credit. If nothing else he has listened to the fans. I firmly believe he has been much more removed from football operations. Was he involved in such a huge deal as the Griffin trade? Of course, but so would every owner the league. He handed the keys to Gibbs, then Shanny, then Bruce, and now GMSM. The problem of course is those other moves weren't the way to go with bad personnel people picking personnel. Now he finally got it right.

But I want to caution those that this is still a big risk. Listening to the SF writer on the radio he said he got fired because his drinking resulted in a disappearing act. He was simply not available when people tried to reach him and that can't happen when you are the GM. Same thing happened in Seattle where he worked under a very close friend. You know it's bad when a talent evaluator like this fired twice in a short amount of time, once by a close friend if I'm not mistaken. And he is still drinking beer. Guys this is a risk, just be aware of this.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to give Dan credit. If nothing else he has listened to the fans. I firmly believe he has been much more removed from football operations. Was he involved in such a huge deal as the Griffin trade? Of course, but so would every owner the league. He handed the keys to Gibbs, then Shanny, then Bruce, and now GMSM. The problem of course is those other moves weren't the way to go with bad personnel people picking personnel. Now he finally got it right.

But I want to caution those that this is still a big risk. Listening to the SF writer on the radio he said he got fired because his drinking resulted in a disappearing act. He was simply not available when people tried to reach him and that can't happen when you are the GM. Same thing happened in Seattle where he worked under a very close friend. You know it's bad when a talent evaluator like this fired twice in a short amount of time, once by a close friend if I'm not mistaken. And he is still drinking beer. Guys this is a risk, just be aware of this.

His hiring is by no means the silver bullet that too many fans are looking for. There are a lot of mountains this guy has to navigate, including his personal issues, a meddlesome owner (and yes, he still makes his will known), and a decades long culture of losing. But at least we now have a guy that was weaned on successful organizations and has an eye for talent. So he should at least be able to propose a successful organizational structure to acquire better talent. The question is will his boss let him implement it. He needs to strike quickly while the ink is drying and promises are still fresh in everyone's mind.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge risk, huge reward. He could go to Dan next year and tell him the job is too pressure filled and is causing him to drink and he doesn't want to lose his family, (Fiancé) and that he is stepping down.

But maybe, just maybe, 4 or 5 years from now we could be coming off of back to back double digit win seasons with a young roster and cap space to spare.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My post was mostly tongue in cheek. :noidea: Push all you want, I too will say I what I want too. Probably not as often as you though. :whistle:

I don't believe anyone ever said you do not have a right to your opinions. I think the only time anyone got upset was when you were about to go all Kim Jong-un on us and tell us how, when and where to post.

As for the McNabb and Griffin comment. Mike Jones reported the same thing yesterday. Believe what you want and we all know nothing is right until you give it your stamp of approval but as many of us were saying Dan and Bruce were working behind the scenes.

To sum it all up I think most of us are very happy McCloughan was hired. Those of us who are realists hope that won't come with Dan and Bruce making their suggestions and effecting how things are done. Like it or not that is what happens here and has happened here since Snyder has been owner. Clearly Snyder and Allen know bumpkiss about personnel, if they are smart they stay out of his way and let him do his job. If they aren't and that is the way they trend then this hiring is no different than any others.

Like you I am excited. I am now extra anxious to see what the Redskins do. See we have won the off the field title and now the off season title. Go Scot!!! Go Redskins!!!

funny no one calls me kim jong il when a i have a smack talk thread , or an nfc east thread but when i make a complaint thread well i am suppressing free speech

making suggestions is one thing , dictating is another and again whether kiem or jones or whomever is reporting something they need viable sources for me to give it full credence . has always been my standard always will be and it isnt a derisively called stamp of approval

tongue and cheek rarely works in text . there is no way to gage the seriousness of it

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True dad but I am not a mean spirited person. I take this for what is, a bunch of fanatics about a particular team. One we all want see win. The Kim comment was meant to be fun, I'm sure you aren't that fanatical ... I think :suds: here's to our new GM.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True dad but I am not a mean spirited person. I take this for what is, a bunch of fanatics about a particular team. One we all want see win. The Kim comment was meant to be fun, I'm sure you aren't that fanatical ... I think :suds: here's to our new GM.

fair enough buddy , lets put this to bed :suds:

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's officially official ... per twitter sources

[ame="[MEDIA=twitter]553332865602056192[/MEDIA]"][/ame]

and may i add ...

Last edited by a moderator:

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
let me also go on record saying ....

this is the biggest addition in franchise history in my lifetime & possibly ever ?

the devil is in the details .... & cant wait to see how they've set up the power structure between Bruce & Mc-CLUE-in ... but i hope he has the final say in who is hired as our new DC.

FINALLY ... the franchise can start to operate the way successful teams do.

2d3814cc60321802fe94cec5fb24cc70.jpg

Freeforall

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redskins will introduce new GM Scot McCloughan at a press conference at noon (EST) tomorrow (Friday).

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the nfl network going live on it????

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vince Lombardi was the biggest hire of all time. Sadly he only lived a year.

George Allen was a big hire and he did wonders for the franchise just two years after Lombardi died.

No one knew it at the time but quietly the hiring of Bethard first and Joe Gibbs three years later was the most successful Redskin hiring.

This hiring is potentially big. This team has not had a good GM since Bethard.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really becoming worried that Scot can't possibly live up to the expectations that we fans are leveling on him.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really becoming worried that Scot can't possibly live up to the expectations that we fans are leveling on him.

Apparently you are forgetting the unoffical mantra we live by around here when we fire some one. the new guy cant possibly do worse that the guy he just replaced. :whistle:

sublime4eva

Westcoast Redskin fan....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad this happened but also cautious and praying that Snyder keeps his word and stays the fuck out of football decisions.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My expectations are that the talent will improve for the team. Still need coaching a QB that can at least manage the game. At the end of this season I saw nothing to hope we would get better. At least now I have some hope.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My expectations are that the talent will improve for the team. Still need coaching a QB that can at least manage the game. At the end of this season I saw nothing to hope we would get better. At least now I have some hope.

At the end of the day that's really all I take from this. Hope. If Dan Snyder had come to me and asked me, tell me one thing you would like to see me do, you only get one thing. This would have been it. No guarantees in life, but being hopeless..............

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sportster, you are a more reasonable fan. It appears some are expecting this guy to draft starters with every pick.