• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL SUICIDE 'A' DRAFT

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Draft Synopsis
Flashback to last year, I lost the #1 overall pick David Johnson in game 1. Last year I also drafted 4 WR when we start 3. One of those 4 was Edelman who also was hurt for the year. Decided not to over-think this year and even mix in a little "Opposite George" in the decision making - that is, not stick to my traditional way of ruling out players.

QB Breakdown
Matthew Stafford (8th rd) - Was only the 7th QB off the board. Not typically a choice I'd make. But he's NEVER missed a game. Always puts up solid numbers. And was one of the few QB left whose targets, team and OC stayed the same.
Jared Goff (12th rd) - Even Treff commented he was surprised that he didn't end up as someone's #1. Not a bad backup who might just challenge Stafford.

RB Breakdown
Took Jordan Howard (1st) and Dalvin Cook (2nd) with the first 2 picks. Truth told I almost took Cook first. But I really wanted Howard just to shut up all the Jordan Howard haters. Howard on a terrible Bears' team racked up 1300 yards. Adding Nagy (did you see what he did for Hunt and Alex Smith last year?) and revamping the offense, I expect nothing less. Plus I wanted someone to root for on my suicide team.

Kind of shocked C.J. Anderson (7th) lasted as long as he did. (Maybe because some idiot owners are drafting unproven rookies. Thank you.) Especially with recent news feeds that the Panthers offense will stay primarily the same with Anderson filling the Jonathan Stewart role. If JStew can get 800 yards, that should be Anderson's floor. And yes, Joe took a rookie - Kerryon Johnson (9th). Not holding my breath but he's already "impressed at OTA's" if that means anything.

WR Breakdown
All WR are divas. And after last year's team debacle, I just was hoping to get 5 (not 4, but 5) that last most of the season. I'm content with my quintet. Demaryius Thomas (3rd) who had nearly 1K last year has a better QB in Keenum. Alshon Jeffrey (4th) plays on a solid offense even tho he may be brittle. Michael Crabtree (5th) was shipped off to Baltimore where he should easily surpass Mike Wallace's pathetic numbers. Nabbed Kelvin Benjamin (10th) as the lead dog in Buffalo - ya think they won't be passing a ton in losing situations? And then took a flyer on Marqise Lee (11th) who by all accounts is assured of a starting gig in Jacksonville.

TE, K and D/ST Breakdown
Jay Cutler's best man - Greg Olsen (6th). He disappointed me last year by missing 9 games with a foot injury. But he's clearly Cam's first passing option. And he has been healthy since last Thanksgiving.

Sniping Jake Elliott (13th) from tlance is always a boost. As for D/ST, I wasn't about to reach early for one. Not after last year's injuries to my suicide team. The quality of the available players in the middle rounds FAR outweighs the value of even an elite D/ST. So I simply waited out what was left. Carolina has a tough schedule. For me it came down to either the Steelers or Bears. I went with my hometown Bears (14th).

Howard wasn't getting back to ya. I traded for him with Smitty in Shady's IDP league.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TKO Theory

QB - Tom Brady (5.10)
I felt this was of good value. Gambling with one QB is probably crazy, but no bye until week 11.

RB - Melvin Gordon (1.10)
Volume over talent (arguably), but I like the Chargers to win the division on his back.

RB - Derrick Henry (3.10)
Mariota has to get better, which will help the run game as well. I think a healthy TD dose is coming his way this year.

RB - Royce Freeman (6.03)
Toter. ROY challenger.

RB - Dion Lewis (7.10)
Semi handcuff, possible Titan duo... (but whoops, three week 8 bye RB's)

RB - Corey Clement (13.10)
...so one more RB, and possible stud if Ajayi goes down. (Dynasty hope bias?)

WR - Julio Jones (2.03)
Looked at a couple RB, but a TD influx has to happen at some point in his career, right?

WR - Marquise Goodwin (8.03)
I hate to be that guy, but can this be Jimmy G's Welker?

WR - Nelson Agholor (9.10)
Eagles offense has a lot of Agholor availability. I don't think last year was fluky, rather, I believe he improves.

WR - Allen Hurns (10.03)
Cowboys number one is not a crazy assumption.

WR - Kenny Golladay (11.10)
The good Kenny G

TE - Zack Ertz (4.03)
Is it Zack? Or Zach? I think it's Zach. Gambling here as well with no back up. Hope he continues his consistent production.

K - Justin Tucker (12.03)
Figured why not. And it didn't effect my next two picks.

DST - Saints (14.03)
I feel they're decent enough with fantasy upside.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TKOSpikes - I actually think Goodwin equates more to Hogan/Cooks, and Garcon to Welker/Edelman. .... but we'll see how that one plays out. Nice team - gonna be interesting.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TKOSpikes - I actually think Goodwin equates more to Hogan/Cooks, and Garcon to Welker/Edelman. .... but we'll see how that one plays out. Nice team - gonna be interesting.

Yes, maybe. I've heard they are intent on making him more than a "deep threat". I'd challenge someone better than me to look up Tyrod to Goodwin efficiency. He's a good little player.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, I think I like my team. I'll give a brief rundown in a few. Was surprised at a couple of the guise that fell to me and reached fer a couple too. RB will be strong and WR should be serviceable at the least.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, I think I like my team. I'll give a brief rundown in a few. Was surprised at a couple of the guise that fell to me and reached fer a couple too. RB will be strong and WR should be serviceable at the least.
Well, I know of at least one that I shouldn't have let you get .... :trash:

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well shoot, might as well-

QB's-
Jimmy Garrapolo- I like the Shanny run game more than the pass game, and he doesn't exactly have inspiring weapons outside. But the defense should insure he puts up numbers regardless. Looked like the real deal last year, much to my shagrin.
Andrew Luck - IF he gets ready to play, IF...could be a major coup. If not, I pray Jimmy stays upright.
RB's-
Zeke - in my opinion, the hands down best non ppr RB. There might be flashier options, but no one in a situation that will yield the kind of results that his will. Still the best run blocking oline in football- providing they stay healthy this year. And with no playmakers outside, Zeke will have to carry the offense..not a bad combo with that line.
Drake - Miami not drafting a RB outside of Ballage, and only adding the aging Gore, which might steal more than a couple goaline TD's but, certainly solidified his place as a lead back. With this bunch that fact alone makes him a strong RB2.
The Crow - no idea why he's falling so low. Easily the best option in NYJ, for anything but MAYBE passing downs. Don't forget he did quite well in limited chances in Cleveland in the passing game. Its not a liability in his game. Powell might be the best in that regards, but Crow being on the field doesn't dictate a run by any means. No doubts he'll put up solid RB2 numbers.
DeAngelo Henderson - ahhh Bronco RB's..what to do with them? Henderson is electric, Booker is boring, and Freeman us a mystery. I'll take the electricity and hope Freeman busts.
WR's -
TY Hilton - obviously his value hinges on Luck coming back, but even if he doesn't, he's still a legit threat for 1000 and 5-7, maybe not great WR1 numbers, but nothing to laugh at..and that only if Luck never plays. If he does, 1500 and 10 is not out if the question.
Josh Gordon- a half season, full off season, and Thai Stick in town, I see big things for Gordon this year. Just hope they stick with Taylor and leave Baker Bust on the bench.
Golden Tate - as we all say, never gets respects, always produces, excellent #3, hell, excellent #2.
Cooper Kupp - the new Wes Welker, in the new best offense, with a QB that doesn't really push the ball down field all that often (can, but doesnt, not that often). Seems to me like a good bet for 90+, 900+, and 5-8, would've had 5 more last year had the rookie nerves led to dropping a few easy scores
Jordy Nelson - wtf? Did I miss something? Sure he's older and not what he was as a perennial top 3-5 WR, but he would've been top 10 last year until Hundley took over. He didn't fall off a cliff, his QB play did. With Cooper being the defensive focal point, and Lynch/Martin just plain stinking up the field, Jordy could be HUGE with Carr..bigger than Crabtree for certain. And Crabby when given 16 games, was a top 20 receiver. Talk about a steal.
TE's-
Rudolph - again no idea why no live for a guy that is such a presence in the end zone, and a threat between the 20's, and has a QB who is used to depending on the TE. No backup, so he'd better stay healthy.
D/ST - VIKINGS - the Purple People Eaters are back, nuff said
K- Madon Crosby- the drawbacks of picking high in the draft, unless you reach for one, which i'll never do, you end up with an also-ran. Oh well.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here it is...........the 2018 MBBRL Suicide Championship Team

Starters
QB -Big Ben-
Really wanted Watson here and I probably could have waited until my next turn (or longer) but I have Ben in my top 5 and dammit I wasn't gonna get sniped so I grabbed him.
RB-Saquan Barkley-Was very surprised he fell to me here and would have been happy with either him or ODB. Was totally prepared to grab them both if Ram would have taken Fournette. Just hoping that O-Line is actually shored up and can do better than they did fer Perkins last year.
RB-Leonard Fournette- Was happy to see him there at 13. Was very close to grabbing one of the WR's that were there but figured to get some WR value later.
WR-Brandon Cooks-Went a little homer here but I feel he will get his. Here's to Goff taking a couple of deep shots at him per game. Was hoping fer any combo of Cooks,ARob or Josh Gordon here and was pretty confident it would happen. Thanks TREFF.
WR-Allen Robinson-Maybe they'll let the kid air it out some this year. Either was if he can stay healthy he should put up high end WR2 numbers.
WR-Sammy Watkins-Figure he'll have some big games but will still play 2nd fiddle to Hill. My plan was to grab 2 more WR's and play match ups at WR3. I feel Sammy is a good start.
TE-Jack Doyle-Taking a TE this late they all end up being pretty much the same. Still, the guy did get a lot of targets last year..............of course, Luck wasn't the QB so we'll see.
K-Dan Bailey-Dude had an off year fer him last year (yeah, he was hurt). Didn't figure any of the top 3 would fall to me where I was taking a K so I'm pretty happy to get Bailey here.
D-Falcons-Again, didn't get any of the top D's and this was the best D there when I grabbed them. Almost went Saints here but wondering if last year was a bit flukey...........

Bench
QB-Tyrod Taylor-
I think he landed in the perfect place fer him this year. Dude has a shit load of weapons..........just hope he gets to use them and Mayfield stays his ass on the bench this year.
RB-Tevin Coleman-Felt like a steal where I picked him. Should continue to get touches even behind Freeman.
RB-Latavious Murray-Prolly spelled it wrong but oh well. Anyway, dude had value the second half of last year (I know, Cook was hurt) and I have to wonder how much of a load Cook will get. hoping fer 10-15 touches a game. Hell, I'm really hoping I only need him week 9!
WR-Will Fuller-I was willing to take him 6th had Watson still been there. Why, because I wanted them both! Anyway, I was happy to take him where I did. Yeah, the TD's prolly won't be there like last year but Watson really liked chucking it to this guy too.
WR-Robbie Anderson-Every team needs a dumb ass. At least this dumb ass is pretty damn good. Thought I got great value here.

Bottom Line
Feel like I reached fer a few guise but got enough value on the back end to make up fer the reaches. My WR's are OK but I think it will be a weekly pain in the ass to pick the right WR3 unless Fuller or Anderson can just take the hob outright. I think this team will compete to grab a playoff spot and who knows..........maybe win it all!

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not quite finished, still have to key in Bar's team...............but after imputing the 11 other teams, this is the team that was drafted by FP fer Bar. Only off 2 players if my eyes don't deceive me.............no totally in the same order as they were taken.

upload_2018-5-30_11-16-48.png

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here it is................certainly don't think my team is this bad but what do I know.......................

upload_2018-5-30_11-24-39.png

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what to think of it at this point - - bet the whole outlook changes quite a bit by time the season starts. ... but I do like having mine near the top !!!!!

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here it is................certainly don't think my team is this bad but what do I know.......................

View attachment 180100
Thanks for doing this and posting it, Sam! :thumb:
No offense guys but there is no way my team is a bottom-half team.
If FP is trying to make me mad, they're getting close.
A notch above ESPN but just below CBS.