• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL Player Profiles

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name: Nick N

Fantasy Screen Name: The Foot

Why that name? Because I have big feet (some believe it is because I have a 12 inch Weener but that is just a myth)

City and State of Residence: Toms River, NJ

Time Zone: Eastern

Married or Single: Married

Children: Yes a 3 amazing kids

Occupation (If retired, list your occupation prior to retirement also): Graphic Artist. I design coffee and soluble food packaging and design.

Work hours: Tuesday through Friday 32 hours a week

When do you post to SportsHoopla: Not as much as I used to but I think that will pick up. Recently moved to a new house and have had some other things occupying my attention.

What SportsHoopla boards are you active on? Pretty much anything and everything that catches my eye in the fantasy section.

How long have you been playing fantasy football? Sinice 2006 but I played one year in the early 90's but didnt fully grasp it and it was done with the newspaper and by hand. My first pick was andre full moon rison of Atlanta I believe.

Why did you start playing fantasy football? Friends wanted me too.

What brought you to the MBBRL? I was a co founder with 12 amazingly respectful and upper class gentlemen who I am thankful to have a special bond with most of them that are still around.

How many MBBRL football leagues are you a member of? 3. The B league, the A Suicide, and the Dynasty 1

How many other fantasy football leagues were you in this year? I was in 2 other leagues. Both of them money leagues and full IDP with starting 19 guys. 11 IDP players. I will say that I loooooove IDP and hope one day we can all do one here with MBBRL leaguers.

How many leagues did you make the playoffs in and how many did you win? None this was my worst fantasy year ever.

What’s your favorite thing about fantasy football? Trading I love trading, I have a problem trading. And I love drafts, seeing guys drop or reaching to make sure I secure a guy I love, doesnt always work out though.

What do you consider your strongest fantasy football attribute?
That is a secret!

What do you consider your weakest fantasy football attribute? Trading too much sometimes, definitely.

What other MBBRL member do you think is the best message poster? I personally love Joe's stuff and CHef is great. Sammy always has something to say Lefty is the man, Treff keeps everyone stable headed and the lives for this stuff like no body else, you bandit work hard. Barilko just a sweet guy, Harold always has a good coment, Hard to think of everyone right now my wife is calling me for something. But those are just a few for now.

What one fantasy player that is still active would you absolutely not own under any circumstances next year?
Phillip Rivers, the guy is great and hass been but I just dont get excited about him for some reason.

Who is the greatest fantasy football player of all time?
Until someone knocks him off the perch it will always be Chris Johnson. Gronk is a distant second.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name: Ed Drummond

Fantasy Screen Name: Yellow Fuzzies

Why that name? Later in life, I picked up tennis as a main form of excercise and entertainment. Yellow fuzzy is a tennis ball.

City and State of Residence: Denver, CO

Time Zone: Mountain

Children: Yes- 34 year old daughter

Occupation (If retired, list your occupation prior to retirement also): Day job- partner in a CPA firm where I do tax planning and compliance . Stepped down as managing partner in 2008. Night and weekend job- Oil and gas extraction business started in 1999.

Work hours: About 55-60 hour/week from Feb- April down to 30-40 hours/ week rest of year. Add about 8-12 hours/month for O&G business.

When do you post to SportsHoopla: I check in almost every morning on all my leagues but I have some flexability to be able to post most anytime when I am not busy at work.

What SportsHoopla boards are you active on? Really only the MBBRL main thread. I scan the other threads and will post when I see someting that is interesting.

How long have you been playing fantasy football? Started with fantasy baseball 20+ years ago using the Sporting News print media to keep the scoring manually for the first 2-3 years. Moved into FFB about 4-5 years later. By then I was on CBS.

Why did you start playing fantasy football? I am a numbers guy and I find it to be really very entertaining. It seemed a natural extension to FBB and I got the opportunity here locally and rest is history.

What brought you to the MBBRL? I was looking for a place to bounce ideas about football and baseball fantasy so I wondered onto the old CBS chat rooms where I ran into Treff. When MBBRL was being started Treff recommended me as a member so I became one of the original 12.

How many MBBRL football leagues are you a member of? 5-KOTF, D1, D2, Suicide A and Coma- but I don't really count Suicide and Coma and will probably drop those next year.

How many other fantasy football leagues were you in this year? Once I started to count I realized that I am in more leagues than I thought. Counting the 5 above I am in 11 leagues including Shady's Dynasty league that I just entered as a replacement with 2 games left this season. I am in 3 Dynasty leagues, 2 Auction leagues, 4 redraft leagues and then of course Suicide and Coma.

How many leagues did you make the playoffs in and how many did you win? Made the playoffs in 6 of 8 regular leagues this year, won 2 and am in the week 17 Championship game in another. This was a good year for the Fuzzies- I landed on some players that performed and didn't get injured.

What’s your favorite thing about fantasy football? I love the week to week strategy and competition- analyzing then setting the lineups, then looking for the one waiver move or trade that will put you over the top. Then of course there is the smack talk. I just like it all I guess.

What do you consider your strongest fantasy football attribute? I seem to be best after the draft- waiver and trades although I don't trade that much. My second half record is normally better than my first half in most leagues.

What do you consider your weakest fantasy football attribute? I can be impatient. I will draft a guy or pick him up on waivers and lose patience waiting for him to perform so I drop him. Good example this year is Jordon Howard.

What other MBBRL member do you think is the best message poster? I will go back to CBS days- It would be The Foot. His ranks and posts were so outlandish I could not help but read them. I couldn't use any of the info to help my team but the entertainment value was high- particularly when Foot and Treff would go at it.

What one fantasy player that is still active would you absolutely not own under any circumstances next year? Got to be Eddie Lacey- Ugh! Although if Trent Richardson was still in the league, he would get my vote. Guess I don't care for fat RBs.

Who is the greatest fantasy football player of all time?
Ladanian Tomlinson. In his day there was nobody close. I also have a soft spot for Aaron Rogers who almost single handedly lifted me to two titles a few years back.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
City and State of Residence: Toms River, NJ

So Foot, did any of your kids play Little League. Isn't Toms River one of the "dynasty" Little Leagues that have sent several teams to the Little League World Series and they won it all in like 1997 or 1998 with Todd Frazier on their team right?

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Foot, did any of your kids play Little League. Isn't Toms River one of the "dynasty" Little Leagues that have sent several teams to the Little League World Series and they won it all in like 1997 or 1998 with Todd Frazier on their team right?
i think i saw Foot dishing out MWHS flyers on the hill behind the centerfield fence even though he got to go to the Little League World Series supposedly as a coach

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think the biggest surprise of all of these profiles was that Stomp lives in Anchorage.
I think that's cool. :thumb:
Do you know Scott Gomez?

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think the biggest surprise of all of these profiles was that Stomp lives in Anchorage.
Do you know Scott Gomez?
:doh::dhd::L:pound::hockeysmile:

scott-gomez-alaska-aces-2012.jpg

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My boys played baseball in brick the next town ov
Hey bandit. You are right Todd Frazier was on the championship team. My kids didn't grow up in toms River though we just moved last year. My youngest son did pitch for a travel team that was run by the Frazier family of brothers. Cool guys let me tell you.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you know Scott Gomez?
You're right Joe that's pretty wild.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My boys played baseball in brick the next town ov

Hey bandit. You are right Todd Frazier was on the championship team. My kids didn't grow up in toms River though we just moved last year. My youngest son did pitch for a travel team that was run by the Frazier family of brothers. Cool guys let me tell you.
I was a big Jeff Frazier fan while he was in the Tigers system.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you know Scott Gomez?

Never met him my cousin played with him some in HS

DUB

Once A Champ, Always A Champ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name: RM

Fantasy Screen Name: DUB

Why that name? The name comes from cheese. DUB cheese. Though it has been confused with car rims in the past. Also confused with "tossing up the W aka the DUB." But no it's the cheese! I'm from Wisco originally.

City and State of Residence: Currently living in the QC. Charlotte, NC (Lived in Wisconsin, Michigan, Canada, Kansas, Florida, SC and NC.)

Time Zone: Eastern

Children: Yes, all in the teens.

Occupation (If retired, list your occupation prior to retirement also): Process Server Field Manager dealing mainly with summons, complaints, subpoenas, and on and on...

Work hours: All depends on the person being around for service.

When do you post to SportsHoopla: Depending on day so no real set time on when I could or would. I read many more posts then I comment on. The pros already give the answers by the time I see the post.

What SportsHoopla boards are you active on? Fantasy Football board mostly with a sprinkle of the Packers section but that is pretty slow.

How long have you been playing fantasy football? Trick question for me because I actually started with NBA basketball when I was playing in Canada via a teammate. Must of been 2000. However, I hated the fact I had to find a computer to set my lineup all the time for so many games. So, I stopped playing any fantasy for probably 5 years. Then while living in Florida the office started a league for NFL. SOOOOOO much better and I was hooked so easy answer is 12 years.

Why did you start playing fantasy football? Continue from last question. The office decided to start a 12 man money league $100 to get in. It was a in office draft drinking beers and 5 mins on the clock. I finished 2nd. But what was awesome was the guys, the smack talk, the enjoyment the entire office shared playing. oh and the winning cash! Was hooked and started my own league that is now 11 years old.

What brought you to the MBBRL? I was a poster on the CBS message board. Not sure who reached out to me. Can't recall. But it sucked when the board was taking down and I followed the crew to this rest stop.

How many MBBRL football leagues are you a member of? 0.

How many other fantasy football leagues were you in this year? One league. First time ever in only one but I try to play in 3 or less anyways. More is not better in my book.

How many leagues did you make the playoffs in and how many did you win? Went 0-1 for playoff birth entries. So, zero titles.

What’s your favorite thing about fantasy football? Being apart of a great league. League that bonds like family. The draft is cool. (specially in person.) Money is cool. But in the end being in a league that grows together and for the good of the league i.e. rule changes, history stats, prizes, new ideas, seeing the waiting list grow and those who left regret it for a lifetime. That yes that my friends is fantasy family football.

What do you consider your strongest fantasy football attribute? Not being attached to a player like I gave birth to him. I'm not his momma so I can trade or release players. Planning ahead via byes, tough schld. and a few secrets of the trades...

What do you consider your weakest fantasy football attribute? When I get away from the gut and think stats. The numbers tell a story sure but the gut is the man's game.

What other MBBRL member do you think is the best message poster? That's tough. I'd prefer to say there isn't anyone I dislike reading info from. Many solid posters. Each poster brings something different. Some more facts or stats or humor or different view. However, @The Foot is the only poster I have actually talked with on the phone.

What one fantasy player that is still active would you absolutely not own under any circumstances next year? Lamar Miller unless fell a few rds. Hell no not in the first with the 12th pick. That was my only early round bust this past season. I do have others but not going to list from previous seasons I have grudges I hold! haha.

Who is the greatest fantasy football player of all time? I'll go with recently over all time. Peyton a few years ago damn sure was the Manning!

-DUB-
Hobbies: I golf to drive myself insane and I fish to bring myself back from insanity!