• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL Player Profiles

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Barilko -
Tell us one funny/amazing/horrible story involving your fantasy football career: Honestly i cant think of anything to special maybe losing to Lefty in a semi by i think .02 ya .02 not .2 or anything but .02 funny No! maybe Lefty thought so.
------------------
No man, I didn't think it was funny at all, try to place myself in the other guys shoes on such things - I will say, Fuzzy and I spent days trying to figure out how the heck the 0.02 was even calculated - and just hoping a scoring adjustment didn't change it. .... Still have not figured out where the .02 came from and never will at this point. .....

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Barilko -
Tell us one funny/amazing/horrible story involving your fantasy football career: Honestly i cant think of anything to special maybe losing to Lefty in a semi by i think .02 ya .02 not .2 or anything but .02 funny No! maybe Lefty thought so.
------------------
No man, I didn't think it was funny at all, try to place myself in the other guys shoes on such things - I will say, Fuzzy and I spent days trying to figure out how the heck the 0.02 was even calculated - and just hoping a scoring adjustment didn't change it. .... Still have not figured out where the .02 came from and never will at this point. .....
i honestly didnt think you thought it was funny either...

i kinda thought you reacted to it as you just described above....

i tried figuring it out as well to no avail....

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i honestly didnt think you thought it was funny either...
i kinda thought you reacted to it as you just described above....
i tried figuring it out as well to no avail....
It had to be something in the DST scoring portion since even just one yard passing is .04 .... beats me.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It had to be something in the DST scoring portion since even just one yard passing is .04 .... beats me.

If you had 3 yards more passing then @Barilko but barilko had 1 more yard rushing then you. You would get .12 more points for passing yards and he would get .1 more points for rushing yards. leaving you with a .02 point lead.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell us one funny/amazing/horrible story involving your fantasy football career:

Back in the early days of MBBRL, we used to also pick the matchups and keep a tally.
One matchup was too close to call, so I boldly predicted that it would end in a tie.
It ended in a tie.

Mic drop.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you had 3 yards more passing then @Barilko but barilko had 1 more yard rushing then you. You would get .12 more points for passing yards and he would get .1 more points for rushing yards. leaving you with a .02 point lead.
Thanks - that would certainly do it. .... now I can rest my feeble mind.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name: Eddie T

Fantasy Screen Name: Lamarvelous

Why that name?
I figured it was time to evolve from my previous online monicker (Ravensrool28) to a much more sleek and sophisticated choice. Plus it's a pretty dope PUN.

City and State of Residence: Hanover, PA. Snack food capital of the world, baby!!!

Time Zone: Eastern

Married or Single: Single

Children: No

Occupation (If retired, list your occupation prior to retirement also): Overnight manager/supervisor at a local Sheetz (Pretty big chain in the Mid-Atlantic, Ohio, WV, and slowly moving south). Before that I was a kitchen manager at a local deli where I got trained under a professional chef for 7 years. I can cater the fuck out of your wedding, given the correct situation.

Work hours: 10:00pm to 8:30am 4 days a week

When do you post to SportsHoopla: On my 30 minute break, usually around 3am, after work (usually about 10am to 2ish pm) and on my off days.

What SportsHoopla boards are you active on? This one, somewhat active on the regular Football board, somewhat active in the general board, and I check the wrestling and basketball boards from time to time. I'll go wherever I see a poppin' thread and lurk, though.

Who is your favorite NFL team (if you have one)? Ravens. Fun story, actually got to go to the first ever Ravens scrimmage at Memorial Stadium against the Eagles. Good times

How long have you been playing fantasy football? I started playing sporadically in random yahoo/espn leagues in about 2005 or so, but I didn't really get serious about it until about 2013.

Why did you start playing fantasy football? I got invited to my good friend's home league (2 flex with a superflex), and also started a dynasty that year on another forum (2x champ of said dynasty, btw :heh:). I had no choice but to take it serious at that point.

What brought you to the MBBRL? Some of my buddies had mentioned it in a Facebook group that I'm in and I decided to check it out. Started posting a few months back, then took a step back until I realized how active the Fantasy Football forum is.

How many MBBRL football leagues are you a member of? 1 at the moment, and hopefully a 2nd here soon.

How many other fantasy football leagues are you typically in? 2 IRL leagues and 2 dynasties through another forum

How many leagues did you make the playoffs in and how many did you win? Last year? None. It was a very down year.

What’s your favorite thing about fantasy football? Draft day in my original home league. And also watching my beautifully drafted teams shit the bed.

On a scale of 1 to 10, rate your ability to talk smack on the message boards? Iono, 7-8ish? Ya'll tell me after you get to know me a bit.

What do you consider your strongest fantasy football attribute? I'd say drafting, probably. Researching weekly to set my lineups is up there as well.

What do you consider your weakest fantasy football attribute? Making trades. I always have trouble pulling them off for some reason. I'm usually open to most offers, though.

What one fantasy player pissed you off the most with their performance last year and it makes you think twice about owning them this year?
Antonio Brown.

Who is the greatest fantasy football player of all time?
He was a little before I started getting really really into it, but it's gotta be LT.

Tell us one funny/amazing/horrible story involving your fantasy football career: Missing the playoffs last year in my OG home league because the Bears got a fucking sack on MNF to end the game. Lost that game by .25 or so and lost another game by about .75ish to keep me out of the playoffs.
What FB group talks about the MBBRL leagues?

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, it's a FB group I met some buddies through and they were talking about SportsHoopla, not the MBBRL leagues.
Gotcha.
I have no clue how I stumbled on this place. I used to live on the EAPN forums before they killed them. Maybe someone mentioned it on there

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotcha.
I have no clue how I stumbled on this place. I used to live on the EAPN forums before they killed them. Maybe someone mentioned it on there

Yeah someone from here posted a link in the NFL general forum over there right before they shut down the ESPN forums memory is a bit foggy it was either Hammerdown, Goldenspur, or Harold I think(I lurked for a bit before signing up)

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What FB group talks about the MBBRL leagues?
All we know is, SOMEONE outside of this board is reading our posts. @TREFF and @SmokingMonkey have seen proof that a topic we talked about here ended up as someone's article on another site within 24 hours.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All we know is, SOMEONE outside of this board is reading our posts. @TREFF and @SmokingMonkey have seen proof that a topic we talked about here ended up as someone's article on another site within 24 hours.

yup - some of it is just pure coincidence, since everyone is looking at similar stuff.
other times, the wording is way too similar for it to be sheer coincidence.

i get the same ideas/looking into similar stats, but when it gets worded identically from our posts, I question the coincidental nature

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the article is written by. " Average Smokin Lefty Treffy i get a bit suspicious myself

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name: Shane J

Fantasy Screen Name: Shanemansj13

Why that name?
It's been my email since I was just a youngster and we had AOL dial up....so I stuck with it.

City and State of Residence: Madison, Mississippi right now. I was born and grew up in Akron, Ohio.

Time Zone: Central

Married or Single: Married

Children: No

Occupation (If retired, list your occupation prior to retirement also): Accountant at a big, local finance company that lends throughout the south.

Work hours: 8:30 - 5:30 weekdays

When do you post to SportsHoopla: Whenever I can, I have access at work luckily so whenever I have some free time.

What SportsHoopla boards are you active on? Pretty active on most boards depending on the season. I never get on the Hockey board and I stay away from the Politics board.

Who is your favorite NFL team (if you have one)? Cleveland Browns. Of course as a kid I had favorite players like Brett Favre and Eddie George which swayed me to root for other teams but it's not like the Browns were winning. They were awful while I was growing up but still been my favorite team.

How long have you been playing fantasy football? I remember starting in high school, probably my sophomore or junior year, so it's been close to 15 years. Been in one league with some friends ever since that first year.

Why did you start playing fantasy football? It was intriguing to me and I love sports. At the time, it was unlike anything we saw before.

What brought you to the MBBRL? This will be my first year playing suicide and TLance nominated me for the main league I decided to make a profile. Honestly, I'm not sure why I didn't start playing fantasy football with this board earlier. Nosferatu made a league and I have been in that a couple years but I guess I have been in so many leagues I didn't want to overwhelm myself.

How many MBBRL football leagues are you a member of? Just the one suicide league, this will be my first year.

How many other fantasy football leagues are you typically in? It varies. Last year I was in like four, which isn't a whole lot but I was also in a baseball league, two basketball leagues and a college football league lol. Two years ago I was in around 7 leagues which was a lot to handle.

How many leagues did you make the playoffs in and how many did you win? I think I only missed the playoffs in one league...didn't win any of them.

What’s your favorite thing about fantasy football? Being an accountant I am sort of a stat geek so I just love stats to begin with but really in the end it's the competition. I love competition and strategy....it makes the games more fun to watch (just don't draft anyone from your favorite team or it can have the opposite affect for me at times).

On a scale of 1 to 10, rate your ability to talk smack on the message boards? It depends on my mood but I can usually dish it out around a 7. I don't take it too far but I can if needed.

What do you consider your strongest fantasy football attribute? In the past the waiver wire has usually treated me well but now I think I have rounded all the corners and I am pretty good at a lot of attributes. Still gotta go with WR depth. Honorable mention: always sticking to my guns with Russell Wilson even when he is projected lower some years getting good value on him and it helping me immensely some years.

What do you consider your weakest fantasy football attribute? It's usually not going strong early on RB's...I always seem to have one of the best WR corps. Kinda have a little drought winning so this year things need to change.

What one fantasy player pissed you off the most with their performance last year and it makes you think twice about owning them this year?
I can't remember any specific player pissing me off just in one league...my entire team LOL. Injury prone RB's will always put a dagger in my heart, they can single-haltingly kill your season.

I would probably go with LT. He was a beast runner and could catch passes with the best of him...a ton of TD's too.

Tell us one funny/amazing/horrible story involving your fantasy football career: I actually had to look back at this bc I couldn't remember the year but it was December 13, 2013. In reality this game really meant nothing to both these teams, the Lions and the Ravens, but it meant everything to me. I think I was down by 5 points (could be wrong bc it was so long ago), but either way I just remember the Ravens and Tucker setting up for that 61 yard field goal. If he makes it I go to the Championship, if he misses...well...I lose. I thought there was no way he would hit that field goal...still not sure how he made it. It won the game for the Ravens, which I could care less about it, and sent me to the championship game--which I ended up winning. I won back-to-back in that league at the time.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been a while since I filled out the original one of these.

Name:
Ed Drummond
Fantasy Screen Name: Yellow Fuzzies-

Why that name? After falling off my mountain bike and into the ER three times in 18 months I decided to take up a new sport. I found tennis at age 43 and became hooked. Yellow fuzzy is our name for a tennis ball.

City and State of Residence: Littleton, Colorado - Just south of Denver

Time Zone: Mountain

Married or Single: Divorced but sharing a house with my friend Lisa

Children: I have one- daughter age 37 who lives in Steamboat Springs, CO. Lisa has 5 kids- One married and out of the house, boy a senior in college and back in the house due to covid, a just graduated from high school boy still at home, and boy/girl twins just entering high school.

Occupation (If retired, list your occupation prior to retirement also): Partner in a 40+ person CPA firm-day job. Owner of an oil and gas extraction company-night job.

Work hours: 8:00-5:00 much of the year-more during tax season, less during off season. Plus about 1-3 days per month on Oil business.

When do you post to SportsHoopla: Often in the morning before work but I also have access at work.

What SportsHoopla boards are you active on? Just the football and baseball fantasy sites.

Who is your favorite NFL team (if you have one)? Denver Broncos- season ticket holder for many years.

How long have you been playing fantasy football? Not exactly sure but before internet sites calculated stats. We would manually figure things out using the sports pages of various publications.

Why did you start playing fantasy football? It was the new thing and I liked the math and the sports aspects and the competition.

What brought you to the MBBRL? Started on CBS chat boards with the likes of Treff, Foot and Wilwhite. I was looking for input for my existing fantasy leagues. Treff was great with input, Foot was the same nutty guy he has always been and Will came up with the MBBRL concept if I remember correctly. Was lucky enough to be one of the original 12 when the original league was initiated.

How many MBBRL football leagues are you a member of? 6 including Suicide and Coma which I don't really count.

How many other fantasy football leagues are you typically in? 8 other leagues, two with Bandit and 6 with local friends here in Denver. I know it sounds like a lot, but I love it and it does not overwhelm me.

How many leagues did you make the playoffs in and how many did you win? Playoffs in 8 won 3 including my big money auction league.

What’s your favorite thing about fantasy football? The strategy-Keeps my mind working. I love MBBRL and brag about it to my friends often but my favorite leagues are the two auction leagues that we draft on back to back days over labor day weekend here in Denver. Live auctioneer, big screen draft board and cheap drinks at the American Legion. They say it is the biggest money day of the year for the Legion. Often family and friends come to party during the drafts.

On a scale of 1 to 10, rate your ability to talk smack on the message boards?
I am only about a 5. I am pretty calm but maybe a little goofy.

What do you consider your strongest fantasy football attribute? I am not a bad drafter but I think I am better at building my team once the season starts through waivers and trades.

What do you consider your weakest fantasy football attribute? I don't always check on the latest news so I don't take advantage of that kind of info.

What one fantasy player pissed you off the most with their performance last year and it makes you think twice about owning them this year? Melvin Gordon and his damn holdout. Had him in more than one dynasty league.

Ladanian Tomlinson is probably the answer but Aaron Rodgers early in his career won me more fantasy titles than anyone.

Tell us one funny/amazing/horrible story involving your fantasy football career:
Lost a title game one year when my opponent's defense had a pick six on the final play of the game in a meaningless late season game in week 16. Interception and score was worth 8 points- I lost by 1 point. And the intercepting guy zig zagged down the field to score and was almost knocked out short of the end zone. I was watching the game- it was painful.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Occupation (If retired, list your occupation prior to retirement also): Partner in a 40+ person CPA firm-day job. Owner of an oil and gas extraction company-night job.

how I used to think of you:
ttAI04U.gif

how I think of you now:
tumblr_p2in1dnSSU1qitfr2o1_540.gif

b1358b81aacffe1ec8db5a4fb1f2a712bb0e9a6f.gifv

tumblr_p2in1dnSSU1qitfr2o5_540.gif

3b55094d982336be5a0324b25bd9cbdcd7fdb423.gifv

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1