• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL Dynasty roster thread

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before that is set in stone, I want to make my last pitch on making the STARTING roster larger...

If we want large roster sizes so we can HOLD on to sleepers and get these players before they become good, whats the point if we don't have a starting roster spot for them??? If we are going to own at least 10 RB/WRs and start at max 5 of them, then how important is it really to OWN so many sleepers??

What's the point of a dynasty league if ur not pre drafting talent? I'm lost? That's the whole point....

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are all forgetting how many teams there are going to be.. 14 teams is a pretty big number for no IDP. So even by rounds 14-15 we are going to be reaching for any type of value

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screw it, I'm with Ram on this.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would u propose we add another flex spot?

yes!!! honestly I just don't understand the big bench without extra starting players... I would totally vote on start 10 and have bench 8...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the point of a dynasty league if ur not pre drafting talent? I'm lost? That's the whole point....

Not talking about drafting, I am talking about actually starting...

Just wondering, who here has actually ever done a dynasty... I know I haven't... so I could be way off here... But I just fear that a bench that is equal to or larger than the starting roster will only diminish the value of these sleepers that we hold, and it will also weaken the importance of the waiver wire such that league activity might be minimized...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are to start 9 then I think a bench of 7 or 8 is best... Still larger than any other normal league, but not too small to weaken the importance of anything else...

If we start 10 then i would like a bench of 8 or 9...

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just wondering, who here has actually ever done a dynasty... I know I haven't... so I could be way off here... But I just fear that a bench that is equal to or larger than the starting roster will only diminish the value of these sleepers that we hold, and it will also weaken the importance of the waiver wire such that league activity might be minimized...
I have done 2 football dynasties. One with the size of roster were talking about and one with like 40 guys, IDP included. IMO, a bench that is about the same size as startig roster doesn't have a negative affect in the league. It simply allows for each team to hold on to players that they could quite possibly be on the fence about keeping or dropping.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm a tri-commish of another dynasty. We roster 40, but it's IDP. I had to start John Kuhn several times last year on account of the waiver pool basically being practice squad guys and players who haven't officially retired.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My dynasty league has a roster of 20, with 2 IR spots, but 2 of the spots are reserved for IDP.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"A dynasty style fantasy football league is a league where you retain most or all of your players from year to year. This creates an environment which is very different from that of a redraft league. By enabling team owners to keep players and build a team over time, there is a much stronger sense of team ownership, and success is achieved with a greater sense of satisfaction.

Mistakes or successes in a dynasty league can affect the fortunes of a franchise for years to come, just like in the NFL. A dynasty league also facilitates trades, including trading of draft picks, and it encourages a deeper roster pool, so young ‘project’ players can be identified and groomed."
Exactly. :suds::agree::suds::10::clap::suds::dingdingding:

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I
Not shaping up this way bud lol
No worries. That is why I do not want to play more than 9. If we get to 20 that is an 11 bench not to bad. If we settle at 18 at least half on bench.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will change my vote on the roster size from 18 to 20 if this one rule is accepted by all...

A player who NEVER started for your team in a season where the player played 6 games(half the fantasy season) or more can NOT be protected in the RULE 5 draft(or whatever we call it)...

If we have this rule i wouldn't mind making the roster size 50 players per...