• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL Dynasty roster thread

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also don't see an even number of rounds as a necessity.

The advantage gained by going first rather than last in round 17 doesn't seem worthy of adding an additional round in order to even things out.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With injuries and disappointments, I think the activy will be just fine. Speaking for my self, I'm not one to just sit on my beginning roster. Love to tinker with it.
also the "activity" in a dynasty is not supposed to waivers per say, trades en such

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"A dynasty style fantasy football league is a league where you retain most or all of your players from year to year. This creates an environment which is very different from that of a redraft league. By enabling team owners to keep players and build a team over time, there is a much stronger sense of team ownership, and success is achieved with a greater sense of satisfaction.

Mistakes or successes in a dynasty league can affect the fortunes of a franchise for years to come, just like in the NFL. A dynasty league also facilitates trades, including trading of draft picks, and it encourages a deeper roster pool, so young ‘project’ players can be identified and groomed."

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we have 20 total spots, which means 11 on the bench, I am ok with not having IR spots. However if we have 9 I still vote for two.

Its not just injuries its suspended players too. I understand that there is an inherent risk to taking those players but I would still like the flexibility of the IR.

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we have 20 total spots, which means 11 on the bench, I am ok with not having IR spots. However if we have 9 I still vote for two.

Its not just injuries its suspended players too. I understand that there is an inherent risk to taking those players but I would still like the flexibility of the IR.

I just don't see why we would need IR spots if we are having 9 or 11 on the bench!? I have never used an IR for football, usually it only makes sense for baseball. If your picking up guys off the waiver in this deep a league, its highly unlikely they would be startable options.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is always one team every year that gets slammed by injuries worse than others. IR spots offer protection.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at it this way with a 9 man bench EVERYONE will have at least 5 WR/RBs

so with 14 teams that is 70 RB/WRs on the bench... There is no reason to have an IR, we are already going to be super deep... And We all know that some of those 70 bench WRs/RBs are going to be replaceable and droppable...

Don't turn this into Suicide with trades!!!

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we all want a dynasty league where we can hold on to sleepers but at some point it seems like we are just taking away the waiver wire and FA all together.... With no IR, we still have a huge bench, so you would have to weigh the pros and cons into keeping the injured player rostered, or some low end sleepers rostered... The last thing we want to do is to have this league so deep that the activity during the season is minimal... This is not suicide after all...
:agree:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at it this way with a 9 man bench EVERYONE will have at least 5 WR/RBs

so with 14 teams that is 70 RB/WRs on the bench... There is no reason to have an IR, we are already going to be super deep... And We all know that some of those 70 bench WRs/RBs are going to be replaceable and droppable...

Don't turn this into Suicide with trades!!!

Good point. I'm good with no IR. It's a hassle anyway, with game day decisions and such...

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so it seems we have agreed upon a starting roster of QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, Flex(RB/WR/TE), K, Def. correct?

Now we need to hash out the bench. I am making a poll for this so its cut and dry.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take a peek at the link I posted, it's really what dynasty is

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so it seems we have agreed upon a starting roster of QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, Flex(RB/WR/TE), K, Def. correct?

Now we need to hash out the bench. I am making a poll for this so its cut and dry.

Before that is set in stone, I want to make my last pitch on making the STARTING roster larger...

If we want large roster sizes so we can HOLD on to sleepers and get these players before they become good, whats the point if we don't have a starting roster spot for them??? If we are going to own at least 10 RB/WRs and start at max 5 of them, then how important is it really to OWN so many sleepers??

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take a peek at the link I posted, it's really what dynasty is
I did. I think the main concept, IMO, in a dynasty league is basically keeping the majority of your team from year to year, not just a handful. So if we have a roster of 18-20, were probably only throwing back a couple each year, which would allow for draft picks/rookies. Those are my thoughts. I just think we're getting too set on the definition of dynasty compared to keeper.

Am I correct in assuming that we all want to keep the majority of our team from year to year? If so, and I'm not being a smartass, then I don't think it matters if it's technically called a keeper, a deep keeper, or a dynasty. Dynasty just makes it sound like a long time, which it should be, and will be with this group.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the above referenced lineup already received a majority but I dont mind you speaking your peace.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before that is set in stone, I want to make my last pitch on making the STARTING roster larger...

If we want large roster sizes so we can HOLD on to sleepers and get these players before they become good, whats the point if we don't have a starting roster spot for them??? If we are going to own at least 10 RB/WRs and start at max 5 of them, then how important is it really to OWN so many sleepers??
Would u propose we add another flex spot?

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Start 9..bench 9.. NO IR Is my vote...