• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL Dynasty roster thread

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will change my vote on the roster size from 18 to 20 if this one rule is accepted by all...

A player who NEVER started for your team in a season where the player played 6 games(half the fantasy season) or more can NOT be protected in the RULE 5 draft(or whatever we call it)...

If we have this rule i wouldn't mind making the roster size 50 players per...
Well don't change your vote then. I'm not voting for any rule that restricts who I can and cannot keep/protect based on whether I ever started them or not.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sounds like this issue is definitely getting the attention it deserves. .pages ate growing like weeds.
I voted for a 9 bench, just because if rather have the challenge of being forced to build a team now and for the future, without the luxury of the extra "stash spots". But can totally see where everyone is coming from on the 20 side. I just don't agree with "that's what makes a dynasty" being a good enough reason to alter my vote, that's all.

As to the IR spot. .I guess i was confused when I brought it up. Some pages back someone mentioned it could be misused for players like in the case if the game time decisions. I was under the impression an IR slot could only be used if the player was actually on the IR, or at least the PUP. no idea if that's even an option to distinguish the two or not

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sounds like this issue is definitely getting the attention it deserves. .pages ate growing like weeds.
I voted for a 9 bench, just because if rather have the challenge of being forced to build a team now and for the future, without the luxury of the extra "stash spots". But can totally see where everyone is coming from on the 20 side. I just don't agree with "that's what makes a dynasty" being a good enough reason to alter my vote, that's all.

As to the IR spot. .I guess i was confused when I brought it up. Some pages back someone mentioned it could be misused for players like in the case if the game time decisions. I was under the impression an IR slot could only be used if the player was actually on the IR, or at least the PUP. no idea if that's even an option to distinguish the two or not

This has been my experience plus suspended players. Players that are GTD are not allowed on the IR.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has been my experience plus suspended players. Players that are GTD are not allowed on the IR.
Absolutely. Only players designated by the site we use can be put on the IR(if we end up having one). If the site doesn't recognize them as IR, they can't be put there. The site won't even allow it as it would be an illegal move.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whatever you guys want to do, but remember we have to through some back. So if we do 9 starters and 9 bench then we should only throw 3 back and have three rounds of rafting each year.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whatever you guys want to do, but remember we have to through some back. So if we do 9 starters and 9 bench then we should only throw 3 back and have three rounds of rafting each year.

Just playing Devil's advocate here Foot. If we are throwing 5 back with a 20 man roster, that would be 25%. Using the same logic an 18 man roster should throw 4.5 back, so round it to 4.

Also that number might need to be changed depending on the rules of the Rule 5 draft. I wouldn't want to throw 22% of my roster away, then also chance losing another 17% to the Rule 5.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will change my vote on the roster size from 18 to 20 if this one rule is accepted by all...

A player who NEVER started for your team in a season where the player played 6 games(half the fantasy season) or more can NOT be protected in the RULE 5 draft(or whatever we call it)...

If we have this rule i wouldn't mind making the roster size 50 players per...
who is we i surely dont

i may draft a player and keep him for years waiting for him to emerge

that is what dynasty is for....

example Hyde i drafted him 2 years back and he is stilll mine

and i had no need to play him and it looks like my move may have paid off....

another guy drafted C Michael and he has been wiating for Lynch to retire yet he has never started him

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who is we i surely dont

another guy drafted C Michael and he has been wiating for Lynch to retire yet he has never started him
Perfect example Barilko. That!s what the tail end of your draft choices are for in dynasty IMO. Kind of surprised Milk doesn't feel the same. He loves drafting the sleepers. No matter to me, I'm good either way.

Barilko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ill say one thing we sure have some great

(Talk, it's only talk
Arguments, agreements, advice, answers,
Articulate announcements
It's only talk

Talk, it's only talk
Babble, burble, banter, bicker bicker bicker
Brouhaha, balderdash, ballyhoo
It's only talk
Back talk

Talk talk talk, it's only talk
Comments, cliches, commentary, controversy
Chatter, chit-chat, chit-chat, chit-chat,
Conversation, contradiction, criticism
It's only talk
Cheap talk

Talk, talk, it's only talk
Debates, discussions
These are words with a D this time
Dialogue, duologue, diatribe,
Dissension, declamation
Double talk, double talk

Talk, talk, it's all talk
Too much talk
Small talk
Talk that trash
Expressions, editorials, explanations, exclamations, exaggerations
It's all talk
Elephant talk, elephant talk, elephant talk) Going On...

Album-King-Crimson-In-the-Court-of-the-Crimson-King-0.jpg

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rea
who is we i surely dont

Just for the record, all my arguments are just trying to make the league better for potential problems i see... Now, of course i never have done dynasty before so maybe the potential problems i see are not actually problems...

Like i said, i don't care what the roster size is as long as we play at least half of our roster... apparently some of you veteran dynasty people are telling me that the larger bench than starters is not a big deal...

but of course whatever everyone decides on i am ok with...

Barilko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rea

Just for the record, all my arguments are just trying to make the league better for potential problems i see... Now, of course i never have done dynasty before so maybe the potential problems i see are not actually problems...

Like i said, i don't care what the roster size is as long as we play at least half of our roster... apparently some of you veteran dynasty people are telling me that the larger bench than starters is not a big deal...

but of course whatever everyone decides on i am ok with...

no worries Milk 9 by 9 fine by me...

Ps milk not arguments you are firing ideas which you surely are entilted to do

very healthy :suds:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then there was silence. :ear: