• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL 2016 SUICIDE DRAFT

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TREFF

Knew I would get shit for EE...............lol. I mostly agree with you team assessments and was going to something similar but got lazy and started listening to music. Nice to see a mention of Braxton Miller in there as if the draft wouldn't have gone the way it did (like getting Gostkowski where I was looking to get him) I may have picked him in the last round.....................still can't find that article I was talking about BTW. The thing I like about this league is when it is all said and done, no matter how good we are at what we do, there will be more than a few players on the wire that will out perform half of our teams (well, that's an overstatement but you know what I mean). This draft was the best slow draft I can remember and seems to improve every year! Thanks fellas.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In summary:

Best pick of the draft- Barilko, Benjamin Watson in the third. Hon. mention to Ram with Kevin White in the 4th

Worst pick of the draft-can it be anything but Foot and Josh Gordon as his WR3?

Best Team- Barilko, followed closely by Ram

Team most likely to make me eat crow- Tlance, followed closely by Joe and Sam.

Loved the draft, excellent pace, terrific banter. Can't say enough how much I appreciate that we're all able to give honest opinions on each others picks without fear of the others getting all but hurt and seeing off a flame war. You guys are awesome, I'm proud to be a part of it all.
Great read Treff- It is easy to spot the Treff bias in his write up- but that doesn't mean the bias is incorrect. This suicide draft is a great jump off for the real drafts coming up.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also @TREFF

I thought you lost your mind when you said Barilko's taking of Benjamin Watson in the 3rd was the best pick of the draft......thought I missed a round or something.........had to go back and look..............lmao!

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was that 3rd round Ben Watson pick that put him over the top.
Best part is B saying he was targeting like 1/4 of my team................dammit, I could have had the best team and he could have had my mine....................lol............................the only regret I'm having TBH is taking Floyd over Parker....................kid had a good last few games................

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also @TREFF

I thought you lost your mind when you said Barilko's taking of Benjamin Watson in the 3rd was the best pick of the draft......thought I missed a round or something.........had to go back and look..............lmao!
Was going fast and furious. .way too focused to proof read! !

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great read Treff- It is easy to spot the Treff bias in his write up- but that doesn't mean the bias is incorrect. This suicide draft is a great jump off for the real drafts coming up.
Hey now. .I didn't give myself that great of a review

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anybody been looking at the other teams????? Was thinking about grading their teams but don't want to hurt any feelings before we start Barbarians.............I mean before I start Barbarians...........

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey now. .I didn't give myself that great of a review
Didn't mean your team. I meant your overall comments about other teams/players consistent with past posts.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TKO

AP at #3 may just be the steal of the draft, if you could have such a thing in the first round. Easily my top pick. Could care less that maybe he isn't the hands down top scoring back by years end, he's the one I can count on having decent games every week, and still can have elite games often. Then 3 straight WR's, the first two of which I'm envious of, the 3rd, I raise an eyebrow. Not concerned with Watkins foot, if it were something that might be an issue, we'd have heard about it before just recently, he'll be fine. Mike Evans, tapping on the door to Elite status. But John Brown? See my earlier comment on Sam's team. Until Fitz is gone, Brown and Floyd are headaches. Sanders, Fitz, Crabby, would've been a better fit in that weekly 3rd spot. Hill and Gore, excellent value as 2nd and 3rd Rb's, great combo to matchup play all year long. Delanie Walker is fine and all, but could've done better for your team grabbing that QB, or first bench WR and simply waiting and taking Ertz alone later on. With the points TE'S supply any given week, it's not a death nail to have a few weeks without one. Love the Tevin Coleman pick. Fully expect him to out produce Freeman. And DJAX is solid depth, just how he has one of his blow up weeks the week you need him. Brady will be great, as usual, and Stafford can manage 4-5 weeks, can't he? Surely, right?
TKO has a strong team, could beat any if us any week.
TKO

AP at #3 may just be the steal of the draft, if you could have such a thing in the first round. Easily my top pick. Could care less that maybe he isn't the hands down top scoring back by years end, he's the one I can count on having decent games every week, and still can have elite games often. Then 3 straight WR's, the first two of which I'm envious of, the 3rd, I raise an eyebrow. Not concerned with Watkins foot, if it were something that might be an issue, we'd have heard about it before just recently, he'll be fine. Mike Evans, tapping on the door to Elite status. But John Brown? See my earlier comment on Sam's team. Until Fitz is gone, Brown and Floyd are headaches. Sanders, Fitz, Crabby, would've been a better fit in that weekly 3rd spot. Hill and Gore, excellent value as 2nd and 3rd Rb's, great combo to matchup play all year long. Delanie Walker is fine and all, but could've done better for your team grabbing that QB, or first bench WR and simply waiting and taking Ertz alone later on. With the points TE'S supply any given week, it's not a death nail to have a few weeks without one. Love the Tevin Coleman pick. Fully expect him to out produce Freeman. And DJAX is solid depth, just how he has one of his blow up weeks the week you need him. Brady will be great, as usual, and Stafford can manage 4-5 weeks, can't he? Surely, right?
TKO has a strong team, could beat any if us any week.

Awesome sauce, Treff!

...but you're gonna make me defend Smokey? Okay, here goes!

Weeks 2 and 3... not much (4 and 6 points) - Fitz had two crazy games 25 and 29 points!!
Weeks 8, 9 and 10... nothing (0, bye, 0 points) - hamstring, did not play... dressed in week 10, but didn't play

Every other week was 8 points or more! Averaged more per game than Fitz or Floyd. Finished at 1000 and 7. A full season, I can easily hope for more, as I expect him to get better. This Crads offense attacks downfiled, and that is Brown.

Such was my "strategy" to have big play receivers this year. All due respect to Sanders, don't like his situation. Crabby? Sure, not bad, but much more TD dependant than Brown... and I expect Cooper to get more, and think Roberts can dip into Crabby. Again, gimme the better offense.

Hope you're dead on about Sammy. I'm nervous that they'll rush it and cause the same secondary procedure Edelman, Dez and Julio had. I like your version better.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anybody been looking at the other teams????? Was thinking about grading their teams but don't want to hurt any feelings before we start Barbarians.............I mean before I start Barbarians...........
Can't speak for others, but I'd like to hear the reviews. I can already list some of the negatives for my team. rookie RB in the first, RB with questionable tread left on tires in the third, picking a defense in the 6th round is sure to be on everyone's list and missing out on a decent TE , should of picked Waker or Kelce and pushed everyone else down a pick, probably would of had a similar team, only with a TE with a heart beat.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can only imagine the reviews of my team. When I was questioning the first overall pick, before the second pick was in. I should have taken Gurley over Bell.

Taking a TE and D in the first seven rounds, but I had a plan and it fit my plan.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coma time?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tlance

My enigma, the entire draft. Not at all the team I expected to see when all was said and done. Gronk and the rooks just threw me for a loop.
Gronk in the first, I'll never do it, never thought T would do it, but there it is. ARob, rock solid, entering elite status. Cam Newton, again not a typical T pick, an early pick on a QB coming off a career year, hard to replicate. But I still like it. Hyde, likely some durability issues, especially given Chip Kelly's penchant for running about 20 more plays a game than the average offense, but should be very good if he can hang on. Edelman, some injury and durability concerns, but again, consistent production at all times. Ryan Mathews, easily the best RB left on the board, especially with Murray out of town. Coleman was a bit of a shocker. Not that he was taken as the 1st rookie WR, but that he's T's WR3. pickings were getting a little slim granted, but still some great dependable options available, albeit none with the upside Coleman would have. SEA. D was probably a stretch, they've been in a slow yet steady decline the past couple seasons. Great depth pick in the Crow though. Who cares if you've got 2 Browns? You've got the best two. Really dislike the Wheaton pick however. Again, that debate was already had as well, so let's not revisit it. Sterling Shepard, I go back to my comments on Eli, he can be great sometimes, other times he's absolute crap. Generally those guys can support one great WR consistently, and the others get the occasional crumb..generally on your bench because there's no way you'd start them the right week. And a rook to boot? No thanks for me. Finally, someone had to take Tranny..it'd be a shame if he ended up in coma.

T can never be taken lightly, however, I'm not afraid of this particular roster

You should be afraid Treff!

I tend to reach for D's more in this format, but aside from that, my draft strategy is very similar to last 2 years in MBBRL. Picking late in round 1, you are not going to win chasing mediocre RBs. I had to get value elsewhere, and I believe I did that.

FYI, my first 2 picks in MBBRL last year were Gronk and Demaryius

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved the draft, excellent pace, terrific banter. Can't say enough how much I appreciate that we're all able to give honest opinions on each others picks without fear of the others getting all but hurt and seeing off a flame war. You guys are awesome, I'm proud to be a part of it all.
^^^^ I think this is what only makes us better because we respect what each of us brings to the table.

I may be adamant about my point of view, but I certainly won't let it hurt my feelings that someone disagrees with me, or my player rankings. No one gets everything right.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be adamant about my point of view, but I certainly won't let it hurt my feelings that someone disagrees with me, or my player rankings. No one gets everything right.

Well put Joe.............sometimes some of the stuff said here may sting the pride a little bit but the level of butthurtedness with this group is almost if not nil...............I've never had my feewings hurt by yoose guise