• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mayweather-McGregor officially happening

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill give them $100... no more.

Hopefully the shit talking for the next 2 months is worth $100.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron James played football in high school and loved it. He's also one of the greatest athletes ever. I'm sure if he joins the Browns he'll be an instant HoF. Right?

Matthew Stafford has one of the strongest arms in the NFL, he should go be a closer in MLB, I'm sure he'll have a 100+ mph fastball. Oh and his high school buddy Clayton Kershaw is a multiple Cy Young award winner, he should swap with Stafford and come be a QB. I'm sure he will be much more accurate than most QB's.

Connor McGregor has knocked a couple people out while wearing 4 ounce gloves and the opponents were busy guarding against kicks and takedowns. So I'm absolutely sure that he has a great shot of beating one of the best boxers ever while wearing 12 ounce gloves and only defending against punches above the waist.

Realistically people should take their $100 they would spend on ppv, go downtown to the closest big city you can find. When there look around for a homeless guy. Or girl, I don't discriminate. Probably do yourself a favor and be super meticulous in picking your homeless person. Maybe look for a little person or mentally challenged person. Ideally you could find a mentally challenged little person, but not every city will have that option. Once you have selected your homeless person offer them that $100 to fight you. But make sure you put boxing gloves on them first. You might want to wear a football helmet yourself, just in case. Once everything is set up, go ahead and beat that retarded midget with a baseball bat.

It'll still be a closer fight than Mayweather v McGregor.

Reactions: TJL

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awe, are your precious little jimmies rustled?

A fight between a boxer and an MMA fighter should always be held under MMA rules, because, you know, in MMA, a boxer is free to just box.
My bad bud, I drank a little too much last night, didn't realize I was talking to you.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is this is the single dumbest fight to be put on outside of "Wrestling". You could go down the list of ranked boxers, in Conors weight, and any of the top 25 would destroy him in the ring. He has zero chance to beat Floyd in a boxing match. Both are counter punchers also, so the boring factor will be off the charts.
I have not paid for a Mayweather fight in a very long time, and that trend will continue. This will go down in history as the night boxing took its last breath.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad bud, I drank a little too much last night, didn't realize I was talking to you.

No worries.

But you were absolutely correct about the money.

I'm just talking from my perspective as an MMA fan since the early days of UFC when I was just a kid and the only rules were no hair pulling, eye gouging or fish hooking.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worries.

But you were absolutely correct about the money.

I'm just talking from my perspective as an MMA fan since the early days of UFC when I was just a kid and the only rules were no hair pulling, eye gouging or fish hooking.
I've been an avid mma fan since about 2004, I understand where you are coming from but it's just not realistic to think Floyd would go into an MMA ring and make pennies on the dollar.

It would also be the worst mistake he ever made in his career, even though he'd probably look better than Toney did.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been an avid mma fan since about 2004, I understand where you are coming from but it's just not realistic to think Floyd would go into an MMA ring and make pennies on the dollar.

It would also be the worst mistake he ever made in his career, even though he'd probably look better than Toney did.

I haven't kept up with it like I used to. My favorites all got old and either suck or retired. Dan Henderson. Shogun Rua, Mirko Cro Cop, etc. Was a Tank Abbott fan as a kid.

It's not realistic to get them in the octagon, I agree, and against McGregor, who really isn't known for his ground game, Floyd will still have a shot in the Octagon if he kept it standing.

Toney had absolutely zero takedown defense and against a world class wrestler in Couture, his only shot was to knock Couture out in the first 10 seconds, that didn't happen and it was game over.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awe, are your precious little jimmies rustled?

A fight between a boxer and an MMA fighter should always be held under MMA rules, because, you know, in MMA, a boxer is free to just box.

This is why I play full contact shinny with 8 year olds. I mean, they can still play hockey and not bodycheck.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a win for boxing, it ruins the actual big boxing match GGG vs Canelo which is why Oscar is so pissed about this happening.

De La Hoya wouldn't be pissed if he was a part if it....

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the highly edited clip McGregor's team let out, Van Eerden got pissed about it and let out his own tape which shows him kicking McGregors ass with hilarious ease.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
should be boxing only for like 5 rounds and then anything goes after that.......
If those were the rules then after 5 rounds, Mayweather would holler "No Más". Nevertheless I would love to see McGregor get Mayweather in a submission hold in the first round. I know those aren't the rules, but it sure would be fun to watch.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's why I want to see it.....and I will. My dad's gonna order it and we're gonna have a guys weekend.....beer, burgers, and boxing.....okay, I got sidetracked.....LOL. I want to see it because McGregor knows this can't go to a decision or he loses and he loses badly. McGregor will chase Mayweather all over the ring once Mayweather gets on his bike....McGregor is going to force the issue....he is going to try and KO Money Mayweather. And he knows Mayweather can't hurt him.....he has no power......so Mayweather may win but McGregor will be all over him, forcing the issue and trying to knock him out.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I do want to see Canelo-GGG a month later also. That's going to a fight of the year candidate.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who complained about Mayweather vs Pacquiao and is planning on buying this ppv is actually an idiot. I'm not talking in hyperbole, this isn't hypothetical. I'm saying this as directly to your face as I can. You are an idiot.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone thinking this is about the Fight itself is kidding themselves. Yes there is a chance McGregors style of brawler type mentality may lead to something interesting and maybe a huge upset, but this isn't about the fight.

This is about two huge names in fighting sports going head to head. This is about the marketing, the hype, the build up, and ultimately the PPV buys that is going to put mega bucks into everyone involved pockets. This is a hype machine for Boxing and UFC (even though it isn't a UFC fight) to promote their product for the next 2 months.

McGregor is going to talk enough crap over the Summer to make us all believe he has a shot at this and can beat Mayweather making him 49-1. The hype and smack talk will easily be enough for many to buy this PPV and make a lot of money for both fighters and boxing.

Reactions: TJL

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100? Fuck that, I expected the typical 59.95 or 69.95. Me and dad will get the GGG-Canelo fight.