• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matt Flynn

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Matt Flynn - QB - Free Agent

Raiders released QB Matt Flynn.

It's a stunning admission of defeat from out-of-his-depth GM Reggie McKenzie, but hardly surprising considering coach Dennis Allen's barely-concealed disdain for his would-be starting quarterback. Flynn had tumbled behind Matt McGloin — a painful to watch quarterback in college — on the depth chart, and was embarrassingly inept in his Week 4 spot start against the Redskins. The fact that he's bringing home a guaranteed $6.5 million this season is one of the most embarrassing GM gaffes in recent memory. Between his money wasted in Flynn and fourth-round misfire on Tyler Wilson, McKenzie has proven he has no idea what he's doing with quarterbacks. Barely a No. 2 level talent, it's possible Flynn will latch back on with the Packers, who lack a viable backup behind Aaron Rodgers.
Source: Jim Trotter on Twitter

Oct 7 - 2:21 PM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I wonder if there has ever been another player who has fleeced multiple teams so badly.

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Flynn - QB - Free Agent

Raiders released QB Matt Flynn.

It's a stunning admission of defeat from out-of-his-depth GM Reggie McKenzie, but hardly surprising considering coach Dennis Allen's barely-concealed disdain for his would-be starting quarterback. Flynn had tumbled behind Matt McGloin — a painful to watch quarterback in college — on the depth chart, and was embarrassingly inept in his Week 4 spot start against the Redskins. The fact that he's bringing home a guaranteed $6.5 million this season is one of the most embarrassing GM gaffes in recent memory. Between his money wasted in Flynn and fourth-round misfire on Tyler Wilson, McKenzie has proven he has no idea what he's doing with quarterbacks. Barely a No. 2 level talent, it's possible Flynn will latch back on with the Packers, who lack a viable backup behind Aaron Rodgers.
Source: Jim Trotter on Twitter

Oct 7 - 2:21 PM

Not saying Pryor is the man, but was he picked by McKenzie? With how Palmer is doing, is that trade a good one? I'm assuming he wasn't there for the trade to get Palmer, just send him out.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was surprised that Tyler Wilson didn't stick with the Raiders. I thought that was a decent draft pickup for them, 4th round project QB with arm strength.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying Pryor is the man, but was he picked by McKenzie? With how Palmer is doing, is that trade a good one? I'm assuming he wasn't there for the trade to get Palmer, just send him out.

Pryor was Al Davis' last draft pick. 2011 Supplemental draft and Al died in Oct of 2011?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Pryor was Al Davis's pick. No outside influence but the old man's (rest his soul) own desire / man crush on Pryor that landed him on the Raiders.