• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matt Barkley

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barkley will win the job in the end.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have seen some pretty passes from Barkley and some butt ugly passes from Barkley, and everyone knows how I feel about Cutler, but we have seen some beautiful throws hitting receivers in stride, even dropping the ball in their hands. I think this run of third quarters might get Barkley back for 5 million now. The way he was going it was looking more like 10 and he has not proven that yet.

This guy would have been a first round pick and a completely different future, but he stayed in school, got hurt, missed a bowl game and everyone questioned his shoulder. He needs to find the right team. The three teams in three years is not really all on him.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, whatever price Barkley was 24 hours ago, that stock definitely took a hit following today's performance.

No doubt... But look it up. The list of QBs that have had 5 Int games is impressive. But definitely use this as leverage. Use fact that he very well may not start, etc...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt... But look it up. The list of QBs that have had 5 Int games is impressive. But definitely use this as leverage. Use fact that he very well may not start, etc...

No, I agree. I have not given up on Barkley.

Lost a bit of faith? Sure.

Can probably get him back on a NICE price for a QB coming to camp in August. We'll see what happens...

I'm pretty drunk right now

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, price is even cheaper now... LOL!!! Funny how Barkley has gone from looking like the starter going into next year to being thrown into the general pile of folks competing for the job this quickly, but man he really has gone south...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, price is even cheaper now... LOL!!! Funny how Barkley has gone from looking like the starter going into next year to being thrown into the general pile of folks competing for the job this quickly, but man he really has gone south...

Yeah, and you bring up the list of impressive guys who have thrown 5 INT's. I mean, I hear you... that doesn't necessarily mean you're finished. However, the good QB's who did that also had a LARGE body of work aside from that which was great enough where you don't question those one or two performances.

I can also show you all of the BAD QB's on that 5 INT list, and we can tally up who has more at the end of the day. lol

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barkley will win the job in the end.

The backup job? Possible. Something tells me it will be him versus Shaw for that job. Loser hits waivers, and the practice squad if they clear that.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, and you bring up the list of impressive guys who have thrown 5 INT's. I mean, I hear you... that doesn't necessarily mean you're finished. However, the good QB's who did that also had a LARGE body of work aside from that which was great enough where you don't question those one or two performances.

I can also show you all of the BAD QB's on that 5 INT list, and we can tally up who has more at the end of the day. lol

What I found hysterical is how many times/games that Joe Namath appeared on the list... Was like WOW he kinda sucked!!!

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I found hysterical is how many times/games that Joe Namath appeared on the list... Was like WOW he kinda sucked!!!

Namath's numbers and career as a whole is very underwhelming. Many NFL historians consider him very overrated, and believe his reputation came from a few performances in some very big games (mostly SB III). Not to mention, his career at Alabama and larger than life personality.

Also, we should also consider how many greats from that era had awful numbers by today's standards. Tarkenton, Bradshaw... etc... I think Baugh is like the only guy from that era of great QB's who didn't have more INT's than TD's. Crazy to imagine that.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Namath's numbers and career as a whole is very underwhelming. Many NFL historians consider him very overrated, and believe his reputation came from a few performances in some very big games (mostly SB III). Not to mention, his career at Alabama and larger than life personality.

Also, we should also consider how many greats from that era had awful numbers by today's standards. Tarkenton, Bradshaw... etc... I think Baugh is like the only guy from that era of great QB's who didn't have more INT's than TD's. Crazy to imagine that.

That's cuz the DB's were allowed to actually play defense.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's cuz the DB's were allowed to actually play defense.

Yeah. The game has certainly changed, and the Mel Blount "no contact after 5 yards rule" had a lot to do with that. I think the passing game also just wasn't very developed at that point and time as well. They were still figuring a lot of things out.