• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matchup vs Indianapolis

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... in some good news, perhaps our best defensive player returned to practice today.

Danny Trevathan and Ka'Deem Carey return to practice for Bears

I've been thinking about this matchup with Indianapolis. I know how bad the first three weeks were, but these next two games are actually winnable (home vs JAX next week). I would love to see the Thursday Night matchup in Green Bay actually mean something, and see what we can do as we should be pretty healthy by then (outside of anymore injuries). I know... unlikely. I'm sure we'll drop at least one of these.

Indy has looked, well... to be blunt, awful everywhere outside of Andrew Luck. They're near the bottom of the league in virtually every defensive category, and just allowed 130+ yards to Jacksonville and 30 points. A team who was the worst in the league rushing entering the contest. They cannot keep Luck upright at all, and their running game has been rather pedestrian.

You have to think this matchup calls for a very similar game plan offensively. Pound Jordan Howard, setup play action and make life easy on the quarterback (whoever it will be). The line is starting to gel very nicely, at least the interior. I read a Pro Football Focus article today ranking the league's O-lines, and they were talking about Sitton fitting in nicely. Also, giving some praise to Whitehair. They called the trio the best interior in the league, believe it or not. Unfortunately, not such glowing reviews about our tackle play.

Defensively, beating up on Luck has worked for everyone else so far. I don't see why that shouldn't work for us. Our pass rush hasn't been impressive, but we managed a couple of sacks and some hurries on Stafford. I wouldn't mind seeing Fangio get aggressive here and really get after Luck. Really, the only worry with Indy has been the big play. With guys like TY and Dorsett, they can strike quick.

Obviously, we cannot have another mishap like the punt return for a touchdown late in the game Sunday. I thought the game was over, and that nearly gave me a heart attack. Hopefully the coverage team got an earful for that, and gets it together. O'Donnell really has not been good either. How hard is it for this team to find a competent f'ing punter? Oh, and... obviously Barth needs to get his shit together.

I expect the Bears to come out, once again with a lot of energy. Finally riding a little bit of confidence. Having Trevathan back would be huge. How about Leonard Floyd makes a play this week, huh? Would be nice to see. It should be a close game, IMO. I think we're capable of getting another win here.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... in some good news, perhaps our best defensive player returned to practice today.

Danny Trevathan and Ka'Deem Carey return to practice for Bears

I've been thinking about this matchup with Indianapolis. I know how bad the first three weeks were, but these next two games are actually winnable (home vs JAX next week). I would love to see the Thursday Night matchup in Green Bay actually mean something, and see what we can do as we should be pretty healthy by then (outside of anymore injuries). I know... unlikely. I'm sure we'll drop at least one of these.

Indy has looked, well... to be blunt, awful everywhere outside of Andrew Luck. They're near the bottom of the league in virtually every defensive category, and just allowed 130+ yards to Jacksonville and 30 points. A team who was the worst in the league rushing entering the contest. They cannot keep Luck upright at all, and their running game has been rather pedestrian.

You have to think this matchup calls for a very similar game plan offensively. Pound Jordan Howard, setup play action and make life easy on the quarterback (whoever it will be). The line is starting to gel very nicely, at least the interior. I read a Pro Football Focus article today ranking the league's O-lines, and they were talking about Sitton fitting in nicely. Also, giving some praise to Whitehair. They called the trio the best interior in the league, believe it or not. Unfortunately, not such glowing reviews about our tackle play.

Defensively, beating up on Luck has worked for everyone else so far. I don't see why that shouldn't work for us. Our pass rush hasn't been impressive, but we managed a couple of sacks and some hurries on Stafford. I wouldn't mind seeing Fangio get aggressive here and really get after Luck. Really, the only worry with Indy has been the big play. With guys like TY and Dorsett, they can strike quick.

Obviously, we cannot have another mishap like the punt return for a touchdown late in the game Sunday. I thought the game was over, and that nearly gave me a heart attack. Hopefully the coverage team got an earful for that, and gets it together. O'Donnell really has not been good either. How hard is it for this team to find a competent f'ing punter? Oh, and... obviously Barth needs to get his shit together.

I expect the Bears to come out, once again with a lot of energy. Finally riding a little bit of confidence. Having Trevathan back would be huge. How about Leonard Floyd makes a play this week, huh? Would be nice to see. It should be a close game, IMO. I think we're capable of getting another win here.

I agree, Indy and Jax are winnable games.

Fangio has been very conservative and frankly, bland this year with his playcalling,(realizing that injuries play a part in that)but he's relied almost exclusively on the front 4 to rush the passer. That's great if it works....It hasn't worked well enough to employ it against Luck IMO. Some blitzes need to be dialed up. Switch shit up a little...some confusion en sech.

That punt return was total bullshit. The refs should be fined for missing the block in the back on Prozinski(sp?) It was right at the ball...first guy in. Can't miss that call at that point in the game...just can't. That return absolutely should've been called back.

I was really disappointed that Floyd was a complete non-factor against a struggling Lions Offense. He may as well have not been on the field, as I think I only saw him anyway near a play, maybe once or twice.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fangio is putting Floyd in coverage and not using him correctly. I'm guessing because of all the injury's. Not sure but I am sure this is not the best way to use him. Kids got the skill set to light up QBs but the game plan has him dropping back. Unleash the beast Fangio.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the status on Zach Miller? He's banged up isn't he?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fangio is putting Floyd in coverage and not using him correctly. I'm guessing because of all the injury's. Not sure but I am sure this is not the best way to use him. Kids got the skill set to light up QBs but the game plan has him dropping back. Unleash the beast Fangio.

I don't know. I saw him get completely stood up/stalemated many times on running plays, and get no rush at all on plenty of pass plays. Fangio may not be deploying him correctly. However, Floyd isn't taking advantages of plenty of opportunities to get after the passer either.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the status on Zach Miller? He's banged up isn't he?

Yeah, his ribs. Same reason he missed the last couple games of 2015. I wouldn't be overly worried about it unless he misses the entire week of practice. If he's out there in any capacity Friday, that should mean he'll be ready to go.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since I grabbed/stole Howard in my ffl, I couldn't agree more!

Same. I'm pretty pumped about having grabbed him. With already having Murray and McCOY tearing it up as my first two RB's. Howard in the flex could really put me over the top in my league.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next two games:

RUN DA BALL, RUN DA BALL, RUN DA BALL

And to elaborate further...

RUN DA BALL, RUN DA BALL, RUN DA BALL.

PLAY ACTION

RUN DA BALL, RUN DA BALL, RUN DA BALL.

PLAY ACTION

Rinse and repeat.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeez...

Royal was a no-go at practice all week, and Deiondre Hall is doubtful.

I swear, have you ever seen a team with more injuries that just pop up out of nowhere? Trevathan, Royal, Hall... etc... They finish these games looking absolutely healthy, and then out of nowhere. They pop up with some phantom injury.

Ridiculous.

Royal looks like a game-time call. If he can't go, we may see Braverman in action for the first time.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeez...

Royal was a no-go at practice all week, and Deiondre Hall is doubtful.

I swear, have you ever seen a team with more injuries that just pop up out of nowhere? Trevathan, Royal, Hall... etc... They finish these games looking absolutely healthy, and then out of nowhere. They pop up with some phantom injury.

Ridiculous.

Royal looks like a game-time call. If he can't go, we may see Braverman in action for the first time.

It seems it's been that way forever. I still say, even with wrecks fucking grossman, had we had M. Brown and T. Harris we would've got that GD ring from Peyton and his fivehead.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems it's been that way forever. I still say, even with wrecks fucking grossman, had we had M. Brown and T. Harris we would've got that GD ring from Peyton and his fivehead.

Yeah, but the odd thing about this year, is that these injuries just pop up on the report out of nowhere. First, its Kyle Fuller going on IR after having a KNEE SCOPE! Three weeks BEFORE the season, nonetheless. That is usually no more than a 2-3 week recovery. Then he goes on F'ing IR!?

Trevathan, finished the game without a hint of an injury... next day, its announced he needs surgery. Royal and Hall... Not only finish the game vs DET looking healthy, both made perhaps the biggest plays of the game on each side of the ball down the stretch.

Alshon, pops up week 3 as being questionable with a hammy, after showing no signs of injury the first two weeks. Missed practice all week, nearly didn't play and was hobbled when he did. Zach Miller this week, healthy through the first four weeks. All of the sudden Wednesday, he's out from practice with a rib injury. Same thing with Floyd, pops up with a calf and could only practice on a limited basis on Friday.

Its just odd man. At least with those two injuries, we saw them go down and they were genuinely bad injuries that went down in game action.