• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Maryland week / Game thread

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, coming off an expected loss at OSU, but we learned a lot of positive things about this group. We have arguably the best RB in B1G, defense is very good, even with all the short fields and holds not called on OSU, team never quits when down or facing adversity, which is huge for such a young team.

Think we have a real chip on our shoulder for this one after the handshake bullshit last year. I like PSU to roll this week and get bowl eligible. BArkley for 200+ and a few TD's, Geseicki catches the damn ball for one this week as well.

PSU 38
Umd 13

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree LBU. The OSU game had so many learning opportunities and I think in the long-run, the kids will be a better team.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope I'm wrong but I see hack getting sacked 5x's and us losing a close game 17-14

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope I'm wrong but I see hack getting sacked 5x's and us losing a close game 17-14

Unless Joey BOsa is suiting up for MD, I'm not worried about that. Change in the OL, Mangiro to guard, Laurent starting center

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless Joey BOsa is suiting up for MD, I'm not worried about that. Change in the OL, Mangiro to guard, Laurent starting center

Same QB

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Franklin with bad play calling almost lost us the game. Defense bailed us out again. We are now bowl eligible. We Are...Penn State!!!

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Franklin with bad play calling almost lost us the game. Defense bailed us out again. We are now bowl eligible. We Are...ted to Michigan initiallyPenn State!!!

I don't think it was bad play calling, they left us with limited options and we adjusted to it, threw deep all day and beat them. They played cover zero 90% + of the time, they played wreckless, nothing to lose game and it didn't work out because Hack and our WR made the plays.

Defense was terrible most of the day, by their standards anyhow. Poor tackling, blown assignments. Yes, they did step up in last 10 minutes, but the offense stepped up for 3 quarters. On a side note, Julius sucks, really hope Nordin sticks or we steal the kid from Rutgers we were set to offer if Nordin commit

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it was bad play calling, they left us with limited options and we adjusted to it, threw deep all day and beat them. They played cover zero 90% + of the time, they played wreckless, nothing to lose game and it didn't work out because Hack and our WR made the plays.

Defense was terrible most of the day, by their standards anyhow. Poor tackling, blown assignments. Yes, they did step up in last 10 minutes, but the offense stepped up for 3 quarters. On a side note, Julius sucks, really hope Nordin sticks or we steal the kid from Rutgers we were set to offer if Nordin commit

On our 3rd down we should have run the ball and forced them to use their last timeout. By throwing the incomplete pass we stopped the clock, saved them the timeout and got lucky they threw a int because their kicker good have hit the 50 yarder.

Hack was not good and if it wasn't for our receivers we would have lost that game. Our receivers really bailed us out and made great catches when hack just threw up in the air into double coverage.

Julius still has a big leg that I would use for only long FG tries but agree we need a backup plan ASAP.

In conclusion we are bowl elgible and that's all that matters.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know this about Julius

Joey Julius is 23rd in FBS in field goal percentage (.833), while Garrett Sickels is 7th in fumble recoveries (2).

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On our 3rd down we should have run the ball and forced them to use their last timeout. By throwing the incomplete pass we stopped the clock, saved them the timeout and got lucky they threw a int because their kicker good have hit the 50 yarder.

Hack was not good and if it wasn't for our receivers we would have lost that game. Our receivers really bailed us out and made great catches when hack just threw up in the air into double coverage.

Julius still has a big leg that I would use for only long FG tries but agree we need a backup plan ASAP.

In conclusion we are bowl elgible and that's all that matters.

Hack put the ball where they could make plays, took the top of the defense off. He throws a great deep ball, no matter what other short comings you might feel he has. He threw a couple into DC, but he had 1 on 1's all day and took advantage by audibling into those plays when they kept creeping the safeties up.