• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Martin and Incognito

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we have a ton of strong opinions on this board so I'd imagine this story is no different.

I am curious who you guys think is to blame in this whole mess.

Personally I blame Martin. It seems to me the two of them were exchanging some pretty heated shit talking. It seems to have gone back and forth. It would appear pranks were part of the team chemistry and Martin took part in them. Nothing I have seen seems to suggest that Martin was getting much more than he was giving. So while I think they both were doing some things that tend to be the norm when a bunch of guys are together it was Martin who took it to the media rather than his teammates. To me that is where this falls. If he was uncomfortable with it there were other ways he could have addressed this than the way he did.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what to make of this. Hard for me to have an opinion when not all of the information is out yet.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin should have stood up for himself. It's very simple. You're a grown man, act like it.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what to make of this. Hard for me to have an opinion when not all of the information is out yet.

Agree with LP, Martin supposedly leaked the info, Icognito had his say in a interview but hav'nt heard Martins response to it.

The media as usual jumped the gun and crucified Incognito initially and then retracted statements a day or two later then ran to Martins defense, then jumped on the blame the leadership bandwagon.

I was Military Policeman for 10 years and If I don't have facts the rest is just garbage or heresay.

My 02 cents.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that more info will come out, but right now it seems that regardless of who did what this should have never made it to the media. For that, Martin seems to be the one to blame.

lionscanWIN

The Morenci Mauler
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i blame incognito but not as much as when the whole thing started. martin is the one who left the team cause he could not take it anymore/still isnt with the team doing his job and getting paid. it was a week before any of this really came out to the media as it was first just reported by the staff as a prank gone too far.

incognito was a leader on that team, arguably the most prominent leader, and he never saw that martin wasn't handling the situation and the shit talking very well and on top of it the coaches had told incognito to toughen the kid up. he didn't have anywhere else to go which is why he left the team.

martin never stood up for himself, and got involved in the shit talking but i can't blame a guy for being harassed just for the media storm around it.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows. It sounds as if there's plenty of blame to go around between the coaching staff/team mgmt, Incognito & Martin. It's hazing that went too far. Team management allegedly egged Incognito on. Martin leaves the team and makes all of this public apparently without complaining about the situation to anyone connected to the team ?

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waz- I'm not so sure anymore that it was even hazing. Martin seemed to be dishing it out as well. He threatened Incognito's family (jokingly) he played roles in pranks on other teammates (stealing a car, the standing up at dinner). I could understand and be more sympathetic toward Martin if it weren't for him doing the same things that somehow pushed him over the edge.

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't give two shits about it. Martin is weak and Richie is an asshole. That is the whole thing in a nutshell.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what we know, it sounds to me like Martin was going along to get along. Obviously he's a different type of dude. He's coming from a Stanford locker room. Would it shock anyone if they actually have insightful conversation in there? Maybe they actually even talk about feelings in there!! So he gets to the Dolphins, starts getting picked on where at his private high school and preppy college, he didn't have to deal with that. He couldn't take it anymore. Of course the way most people in that situation would have handled it vocally or physically but I'm guessing that isn't his style. The problem is that's the only way he would get any respect. What it boils down to is the guy is soft. He's already saying that he wants to play again. I think he needs to really look at himself and ask if this game is really for him. My guess is NO!!

But I can't blame Martin. It sounds as if there was no where for him to go. He couldn't go to leadership because leadership was the problem. Incognito being a team leader is a problem. I'm wondering what they thought would happen. I mean eventually he would be the story again for all the wrong reasons, it's in his nature. Martin couldn't go to the coach apparently. A coach, the coaches, whatever, apparently told Incognito to toughen Martin up. So you let a guy like Incognito take over your locker room, you tell him to toughen up a player, you do this knowing the guy's history and it (SURPRISE!!!!!) turns to shit. I ask again, what were they thinking? So I can't blame Incognito, it goes up the ladder. We don't know yet really what Philbin knew, which coach told Incognito to ride Martin if anyone did, so it's hard to know how much of this Philbin and his staff have to own. But my biggest problem and who ultimately will hold the bag for this is Jeff Ireland. I mean this guy is just a moron. This is the same guy who asked Dez Bryant if his mom is a whore. Between his bad drafts, bad free agent signings, bad coaching hires, and the foot constantly in his mouth I'm not sure how he has a job anyway. Why I blame him is because apparently Martin's agent told Ireland that Martin was at a breaking point with Incognito and Ireland, the face, the brains of a billion$ company and what does this moron say? He says Martin should fight him. Now, I'm in purchasing, I can say that. You guys can say that. Jeff Ireland CAN'T say that. Again, we don't know what's true and what's not but at the end of the day Jeff Ireland could have squashed this before we knew a thing and he failed like he has failed at his job for 5 years. Fucking fire this guy already!!

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is a great point TB.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waz- I'm not so sure anymore that it was even hazing. Martin seemed to be dishing it out as well. He threatened Incognito's family (jokingly) he played roles in pranks on other teammates (stealing a car, the standing up at dinner). I could understand and be more sympathetic toward Martin if it weren't for him doing the same things that somehow pushed him over the edge.

Yeah I saw something about that today. I think maybe he was trying to be "one of the guys" to fit in and it didn't work. That act just wasn't him. I'm not sticking up for him. He should have stuck up for himself and it wouldn't have gone this far. Shit got out of hand. He broke. Management knew about it. Ireland said Martin should have punched RI.. maybe he should have but management shouldn't be tolerating that sort of crap much less promoting it. I bet RI lands somewhere. The guy can play and that's always the bottom line. Martin will find another line of work and Ireland and anyone else in Fins mgmt who knew about it will be looking at sanctions and should be updating their resumes... and stories.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if Jill Ireland knew anything about this or not.

As far as Martin goes, I think he's posturing for the poster-boy for Goodell's new pussified NFL.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're in a gay relationship and Incognito was too rough.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RI is a douchnozzle! And even if he is not entirely guilty of this….karma is a bitch, as I am sure things are just equalling out on the tally sheet!

Martin isn't a mentally tough dude. Thats why he got bullied. Can't blame him for his makeup. Maybe pro football isn't his thing. Remember Scott Mitchell and his flinching. Man up bitch was the cry but it just wasn't in his DNA. As much as I wanted to see Mitchell gone I was pissed at Dry Bly for his locker room bullshit directed at him…or maybe it was Joey harrington….same issue I am getting stuck in a bad QB era loop!

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't give two shits about it. Martin is weak and Richie is an asshole. That is the whole thing in a nutshell.

:agree:

I will add I think someone in the staff told RI to toughin JM up.

Wasnt this the plot for "A Few Good Men". Someone ordered the code red and broke (instead of killed) the kid. All that is missing is for the GM to come out and admit "Your damn right I did!"

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RI is a douchnozzle! And even if he is not entirely guilty of this….karma is a bitch, as I am sure things are just equalling out on the tally sheet!

Martin isn't a mentally tough dude. Thats why he got bullied. Can't blame him for his makeup. Maybe pro football isn't his thing. Remember Scott Mitchell and his flinching. Man up bitch was the cry but it just wasn't in his DNA. As much as I wanted to see Mitchell gone I was pissed at Dry Bly for his locker room bullshit directed at him…or maybe it was Joey harrington….same issue I am getting stuck in a bad QB era loop!

I think it was Joey and yeah it was BS. Going public with that sort of locker room sniping is never a good thing.