• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marquise Williams update, with shocking quotes...

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per a post Shrine Bowl interview:

Regarding his thoughts on VT: "You know, I just gotta have something to fall back on if something do go down".

Regarding his thoughts on his buddy, Kevin Asante, a Virginia Tech committ who they just offered and whether or now it had any factor in his recruitment: "You know, actually no, it really don't. I was just planning to get my boy a scholarship"

douchebag, if true...and he and Butch deserve each other....

....and we got played....:mad:

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, at least Marquise can hear first-hand what it's like to win an ACC title from "his boy."

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If all of thirty is true and not out if context, I am going to enjoy watching James Gayle, JR Collins, Zach McCray, big Bruce, the Hopkins boys, chase Williams, Nique Patterson, RVD et al. tee off in his ass.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
nah it wasnt out of context that is word for word what he said and wasnt "baited" into any of it. Like i said in the other post, it sounds like he played us from day1. i will say this though, if he picks us (before unc is punished) happy to have him, if/when they get punished he wants to activate his back-up plan, i'll pass.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nah it wasnt out of context that is word for word what he said and wasnt "baited" into any of it. Like i said in the other post, it sounds like he played us from day1. i will say this though, if he picks us (before unc is punished) happy to have him, if/when they get punished he wants to activate his back-up plan, i'll pass.

HaHa. If this is really what this kid said then I hope he doesn't commit to VT. Not sure what Asante has to bring to the table but I saw this bullshit all the way. I am sure that he has some talent but if noone else offered him late in the recruiting year, then we shouldn't have offered him. I said before this Asante offer reaked of bullshit in order to try to get MW and that's what it is shaking out as. No worries, VT has LT and other capable quarterbacks. They will be fine w/out this clown. Joel Caleb and Bucky Hodges are future prospects that we can hopefully have a chance at.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this. If I was Kevin Asante, I would be pretty damn pissed off about those comments myself. I watched his film and he is a damn good athlete. If he continues to work hard, he could be a Justin Harper type leaper. I would think that he is going to be very motivated to play against a guy "who needed to get him a scholarship". I wonder how Williams will feel when Asante goes home next Christmas with a big, fat ACC Championship ring on his finger, and Williams season is over because of a postseason bowl ban, or a 5-7 season.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this. If I was Kevin Asante, I would be pretty damn pissed off about those comments myself. I watched his film and he is a damn good athlete. If he continues to work hard, he could be a Justin Harper type leaper. I would think that he is going to be very motivated to play against a guy "who needed to get him a scholarship". I wonder how Williams will feel when Asante goes home next Christmas with a big, fat ACC Championship ring on his finger, and Williams season is over because of a postseason bowl ban, or a 5-7 season.

Wonder if Beamer and Co. would even consider (or have already) pulling the offer in light of all the drama? I mean really, He seems like a really good prospect, but he is no TT or Vick.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if Beamer and Co. would even consider (or have already) pulling the offer in light of all the drama? I mean really, He seems like a really good prospect, but he is no TT or Vick.

Beamer is not going to pull a scholly offer from a kid. That is not the Virginia Tech way, and he is not Nick Saban or Les Miles. Also, it would eliminate us EVR ecompeting for a guy from the Charlotte again. He and Rogers will, however, use it as a motivator for the kid.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
i dont see us pulling the offer because lets be honest we still want the kid + who's to say that he isnt just jerking NC's chain, i personally think we got played in this one but you never know until the ink is dry. After watching the interviews 60% of me says we got screwed but 40% of me still thinks their is a chance he picks VT.

As far as asante he has the speed to really be a HR threat in our offense, if we get him and Knowles (sp?) we will have 2 burner's in this class.

FWIW: my buddy called last night and said there was a caller on a sat radio show that said "butch davis is interviewing for the TX dc job with a possible CIW deal" i checked everywhere couldnt find anything, but there were all these post on twitter saying "there are a lot of butch davis rumors swirling" i read 2day that TX will prob hire justin wilcox so this was prob just a rumor but you never know.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont see us pulling the offer because lets be honest we still want the kid + who's to say that he isnt just jerking NC's chain, i personally think we got played in this one but you never know until the ink is dry. After watching the interviews 60% of me says we got screwed but 40% of me still thinks their is a chance he picks VT.

As far as asante he has the speed to really be a HR threat in our offense, if we get him and Knowles (sp?) we will have 2 burner's in this class.

FWIW: my buddy called last night and said there was a caller on a sat radio show that said "butch davis is interviewing for the TX dc job with a possible CIW deal" i checked everywhere couldnt find anything, but there were all these post on twitter saying "there are a lot of butch davis rumors swirling" i read 2day that TX will prob hire justin wilcox so this was prob just a rumor but you never know.

I doubt that is true. That would be funny, Butch hauling ass when the heat is coming (ala John Calipari).

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
like i said im sure the TX thing was rumor, but if greener pastures come along, slime's word means very little.
Butch Davis left Miami scrambling when he betrayed his - 02.12.01 - SI Vault

honestly this is how i see it. 1) davis continues to go 7-5 8-4 etc etc and stays @ carolina as long as they will keep him 2) He has a couple good seasons @ carolina and moves on to a bigger gig 3) He is fired after their bowl game this year, or 4) The ncaa hammer falls and instead of going down with the ship-he's the first in the life raft.