• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mark Sanchez to the Buffalo Bills?

elijah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,097.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was looking at free agents coming up this year for the Bills (was intending on looking at TE's since we have no real hands there). When I was scrolling down, Mark Sanchez caught my eye. It makes perfect sense for Buffalo to give him a shot, give him a short leash and see how he does. He's won before, so at best case he could take the Bills atleast to the playoffs. We were just relevant with Kyle Orton at QB and a terrible offense up until week 16. If Sanchez can go out there and throw it around a little, what happens?

I mean worst case scenario, he doesn't play good, we pull the leash and give it over to Manuel. Cutler is likely going to Tennessee, RGIII may be staying, and anyone who says Drew Brees are lost in a pipe dream. The price is too high even if they were willing to trade him. So what's left as options? Draft a QB? The front office is likely doing that regardless.

I think it makes perfect sense and could play out well possibly, and if it doesn't, then we have Manuel and another rookie hopefully. What's it hurt? There's no other option really.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
I would rather have him than RG3 or Cutler

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmmm...thinking here.

how about a manziel/josh gordon trade for the bills 2nd rounder in the next 2 drafts

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Patriots fan I applaud that move. He couldn't have landed in a better place than Philly as a backup.

And he was still mediocre and Philly missed the playoffs.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1-RGIII

2-Cutler

3-Sanchez

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1-RGIII

2-Cutler

3-Sanchez

Cutler will demand over $10 million a year, including signing bonuses... Probably around the 12-15 million dollar range... Bills would be stupid as hell to pay him that much....

Give me Sanchez over Cutler.... Cutler is so overrated , it's crazy to me...

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchez sucks...you're better off taking a chance/flyer with RG3. Cutler is a whiny baby who blames everyone but himself

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchez sucks...you're better off taking a chance/flyer with RG3. Cutler is a whiny baby who blames everyone but himself

I definitely agree with you here... I'd rather take a chance on RGIII rather than bringing in Cutler, which we already know what we're going to get... M E D I O C R I T Y...

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchez is NOT a starter - he proved that this year. At best he is a back up, that can help you win a few games.

Frankly, Sanchez did not look too good in most games he played, even those he won. Everybody talked about Chip Kelly's offensive schemes being figured out and not working. The All-22's apparently showed that NOT to be the case most of the time - even against Seattle. It was players not executing in the run game (usually missed or unsustained blocks), and in the passing game just not seeing wide-open players or simply bad throws, *under-, over-throws), leading to balls hitting the ground, INT's, and receivers having to stop/fall down, allowing defenders to catch up with them (and negate 10+ yard gains).

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It still baffles me how quickly Manuel got the hook. Why not give him a bigger shot?

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It still baffles me how quickly Manuel got the hook. Why not give him a bigger shot?

At the time it looked like New England was in serious trouble and Buffalo was playing well. I imagine the front office realized their best chance to win the division was with Orton and it probably was. Personally, I don't really understand why everyone expects a rookie QB to come in and dominate on day 1. I only saw Manuel a couple of times but it looks like he has all the tools to be a solid NFL QB. Sitting behind a veteran like Orton was probably the best thing for him.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best you'll ever get out of Sanchez is a dink and dunk offense with absolutely no deep ball threat. You'd be wasting Sammy Watkins if you go with Orton or Sanchez for the next few years.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't understand this either becuz to me he seems to be the one in his class who actually has talent. On the other hand there was new ownership coming in and Marrone was thinking this is his job on the line now and he didn't have the time to watch this kid develop. Still I think he needs a serious opportunity to find out exactly what he has. No idea if he ever makes it in Buffalo but I would bet he has some success somewhere before his career is over. We've seen enough QB's over the yrs who take a few yrs before they can be trusted and have the ability to lead an offense. I don't see where this kid is anything other than a typical kid who needs to learn and get some snaps. We'll see. On the other hand I wouldn't give Cutler 5 cents to play on my team. He's a well known and proven asshole who can't win and costs a lot of money.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't understand this either becuz to me he seems to be the one in his class who actually has talent. On the other hand there was new ownership coming in and Marrone was thinking this is his job on the line now and he didn't have the time to watch this kid develop. Still I think he needs a serious opportunity to find out exactly what he has. No idea if he ever makes it in Buffalo but I would bet he has some success somewhere before his career is over. We've seen enough QB's over the yrs who take a few yrs before they can be trusted and have the ability to lead an offense. I don't see where this kid is anything other than a typical kid who needs to learn and get some snaps. We'll see. On the other hand I wouldn't give Cutler 5 cents to play on my team. He's a well known and proven asshole who can't win and costs a lot of money.

I think EJ Manuel's ceiling is Jason Campbell. They might just be better off drafting a QB.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best you'll ever get out of Sanchez is a dink and dunk offense with absolutely no deep ball threat. You'd be wasting Sammy Watkins if you go with Orton or Sanchez for the next few years.

If Sanchez couldn't succeed with Chip Kelly and the Eagles he ain't going to succeed in Buffalo.

They finally won a game in Foxboro, if they want to wait another 5 years to do it again they should sign Sanchez.

If they can't sign a decent replacement they should draft again.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Sanchez couldn't succeed with Chip Kelly and the Eagles he ain't going to succeed in Buffalo.

They finally won a game in Foxboro, if they want to wait another 5 years to do it again they should sign Sanchez.

If they can't sign a decent replacement they should draft again.

The thing about Buffalo is that they have an awesome defense, they have some good young receivers, and their RB backfield isn't elite but it's not the worst either. If they could just get other defenses to respect the pass they would be hard to stop but in the meantime they'll see a lot of stacked boxes. They are a QB away from being playoff contenders but unfortunately for them there isn't anything in the draft or free agency that will help them out much unless there is a pro-style D2 player I haven't seen. The frontrunner D1 QBs that played for elite programs in the 2015 draft are basically a waste of a first round pick.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EJ - Was benched because he had NO idea how to read a defense pre-snap. He had NO accuracy down field. He had NO touch on his short throws. In short, he just wasn't ready. He took the benching like a man and hopefully he learned something.

Cutler - TOTAL waste of money. Orton took the Broncos to the playoffs that Cutler couldn't. Jeesh, Josh McCown outplayed Cutler in Chicago!

RG3 - Another waste. Too fragile for cold Buffalo. He thinks he's too good. He thinks he's better than Shanahan, Gruden and everyone else.

Sanchez - Butt fumble? Really?

Last edited by a moderator: