• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mark Jackson says fans should boycott game 5

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just heard the audio clip and I agree. Still fucked up, but not as bad as the media outlets are making it out to be.

Here's the thing...he was kind of known to be a racist prick. Now there's proof. And now there's blowback. Should there not be blowback?

It's not illegal to be a racist, but it's certainly not illegal for people to choose how to react to things they hear someone say. As I said, glad this is happening to him. I'm glad he couldn't keep his mouth shut or make better girlfriend choices.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing...he was kind of known to be a racist prick. Now there's proof. And now there's blowback. Should there not be blowback?

It's not illegal to be a racist, but it's certainly not illegal for people to choose how to react to things they hear someone say. As I said, glad this is happening to him. I'm glad he couldn't keep his mouth shut or make better girlfriend choices.

He's been investigated by the DEPT. of JUSTICE multiple times and sued multiple times on the counts of not renting/selling to minorities. If that wasn't enough proof, an illegally record, out-of-context recording with a vindictive mistress is?

Honestly, the media just picks and chooses what it wants to be a big deal or not. And we're just along for the ride. He's been a known bigot/racist for a while. Now, all of the sudden, it's appalling to everyone.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been investigated by the DEPT. of JUSTICE multiple times and sued multiple times on the counts of not renting/selling to minorities. If that wasn't enough proof, an illegally record, out-of-context recording with a vindictive mistress is?

Honestly, the media just picks and chooses what it wants to be a big deal or not. And we're just along for the ride. He's been a known bigot/racist for a while. Now, all of the sudden, it's appalling to everyone.

Some things just stick out more, and yeah the media fans the flames. Some stuff people react to more viscerally when they actually hear the words, not read about lawsuits. People knew Tom Cruise was a weird Scientologist nutjob, but when he started bouncing around on Oprah's couch, that triggered the real wave of 'OMG that guy is bonkers' reaction.

Everyone 'knows' people are pricks or racists or whatever, but if they keep their mouth shut, they will slide. Sometimes they fuck up and the reaction comes.

Again, the end result is fine with me with Sterling.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been a known bigot/racist for a while. Now, all of the sudden, it's appalling to everyone.

Apparently the NAACP wasn't in the know. He was set to receive their lifetime achievement award in May. I'm guessing it probably isn't going to happen at this point.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the NAACP wasn't in the know. He was set to receive their lifetime achievement award in May. I'm guessing it probably isn't going to happen at this point.

Oh, rest assured they were in the know. But, you know, money talks.

Again - phony outrage.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some things just stick out more, and yeah the media fans the flames. Some stuff people react to more viscerally when they actually hear the words, not read about lawsuits. People knew Tom Cruise was a weird Scientologist nutjob, but when he started bouncing around on Oprah's couch, that triggered the real wave of 'OMG that guy is bonkers' reaction.

Everyone 'knows' people are pricks or racists or whatever, but if they keep their mouth shut, they will slide. Sometimes they fuck up and the reaction comes.

Again, the end result is fine with me with Sterling.

And he would've kept his mouth shut hadn't it been for an ILLEGAL and OUT-OF-CONTEXT recording by a GOLD-DIGGING ex-mistress in which he thought he was having a private conversation with.

People need to get the fuck off their high-horse. I'm sure most of them would hate to have their private conversations broadcasted for everyone to hear.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he would've kept his mouth shut hadn't it been for an ILLEGAL and OUT-OF-CONTEXT recording by a GOLD-DIGGING ex-mistress in which he thought he was having a private conversation with.

People need to get the fuck off their high-horse. I'm sure most of them would hate to have their private conversations broadcasted for everyone to hear.

One can be glad this prick is going down without being on a high horse...you're right, most of us have said things in private we wouldn't want others to hear. But most of us aren't vile, racist, cheap bastards either. Only TobyTyler.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its going to be very interesting to see how this plays out. Knowing what a shitbird Sterling is he'll refuse to take the NBA-preferred route and leave voluntarily and he'll fight them in court if they try to remove him. It will get ugly but its not illegal to have an opinion or to express that opinion so I think the NBA will back away from that route.

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking people are going to boycott the game is absurd. Those tickets were bought well in advance of this whole thing and they are not refundable. Very few people willing to light a big pile of cash on fire to protest. Quite honestly I doubt even many Warrior fans would do that if it was Lacob who said those things. I think there will be financial repercussions for the franchise, but they will happen more long term.

Ticket sales and sponsorships hurt a bit but players and coaches not wanting to go (or stay) there is a much more serious problem that will hurt them big time.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One can be glad this prick is going down without being on a high horse...you're right, most of us have said things in private we wouldn't want others to hear. But most of us aren't vile, racist, cheap bastards either. Only TobyTyler.

I'm just point out the media's hypocrisy and the who can be more offended competition going on between the media outlets.

I also don't think that conversation is AS BAD as some people are portraying it, and I'm a minority.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its going to be very interesting to see how this plays out. Knowing what a shitbird Sterling is he'll refuse to take the NBA-preferred route and leave voluntarily and he'll fight them in court if they try to remove him. It will get ugly but its not illegal to have an opinion or to express that opinion so I think the NBA will back away from that route.

It's not illegal to express himself that way, but it's also not illegal for a private group to kick out a member they think is hurting the group. He's toast.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not illegal to express himself that way, but it's also not illegal for a private group to kick out a member they think is hurting the group. He's toast.

In this case it would be. They can't force him to sell the Clippers. He's 82, he'll walk away from this with his billion. '

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Don't feed this one.

:tj:

+1

We recently had an issue on the Niners board where that troll questioned why Kap was acting black, while ignoring the fact that Kap's actually half-black.

Apologies for the minor thread jack. I just wanted this board to be educated about this certain troll's race baiting tendencies.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking people are going to boycott the game is absurd. Those tickets were bought well in advance of this whole thing and they are not refundable. Very few people willing to light a big pile of cash on fire to protest. Quite honestly I doubt even many Warrior fans would do that if it was Lacob who said those things. I think there will be financial repercussions for the franchise, but they will happen more long term.

Ticket sales and sponsorships hurt a bit but players and coaches not wanting to go (or stay) there is a much more serious problem that will hurt them big time.

Agree 100%. That idiot on Mike and Mile (the little one) was saying that people will stay away from the came because of Sterling. I laughed out loud about how clueless this clown is. No fan that I know of goes to a game because of the owner. They follow the game and the/or the players.
Little Mike wants to show all the black athletes and former black athletes on his show, whose asses he kisses with regularity, how horrified he is that an 85 year old man might hold some sort of racist views against blacks.