• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mariners Trade Kelenic & Marco

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want..to fallow..
1/2.teams....
With no. Chance...
No.im not follow a other team..either...

Stanton...just how..do you.
Have that effect..on people.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people in here really mad about the trade of some very meh baseball player's.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all can agree they missed the playoffs by a game last year. So you don’t trade your best bullpen arm at the deadline. Everyone I think is ok with not extending the QO to Teo. Trading your best bullpen arm to finish off the season for a player who is a platoon is a strange move but idiotic if you are making that platoon player an everyday starter. Trading the clubhouse leader for scrubs isn’t a smart decision. And trading a starting position player for dudes who won’t ever pitch for you just so you can dump salary is retarded.

As much as I disagree with it, it would make sense if Jerry either increases the payroll to within striking distance of the luxury tax, or trade all of their top prospects.

So we disagree on philosophy but facts that we should be able to agree on is he created three more holes other the other 2.5 (France) they needed. He no longer has major league quality starters to round out the rotation if they trade Miller or Woo. The salary dumps he made to create payroll is basically one free agent. So they got 5 offensive spots to fill, and at least 1 good bullpen arm. If they fill the lineup problems with trades then they have to sign one of the high priced pitching free agents.

So where I will agree that Jerry failed the 2023 season was when he traded for Kolten Wong which ended in disaster, I have no idea why they signed AJ Pullock and Tommy La Sorta. All that was a huge miss so at the trade deadline they needed to acquire a 2nd baseman and an OF. I do believe if Rojas and Calzone were on the opening day roster that would have been the 1 game changer we needed. Either way the short coming of that season does fall on JD.

yeah we do disagree I think our rotation is fantastic with Hancock being added. I don't think he would want to trade his rotation as from what I heard that our pitching is a center piece in trade discussion in the winter meeting. If he trades Gilbert or Kirby I would be sick. However we can judge what JD will make once the off season is over. its clear they are gearing to making some kind of move I don't think what we got in return in the trades was the actual goal.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What “direction”?? They’ve been circling the wagons man.

Tell us what direction they’re heading in?

The direction of changing the lineup that was 22nd in the league in batting average

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I read it right but it was from Bleacher Report so...

1. The Trade: Tampa Bay sends IF Isaac Paredes and OF Randy Arozarena to Seattle for RHP Logan Gilbert, C Harry Ford (MLB.com's No. 39 overall prospect) and IF Tyler Locklear
IMO Arozarena and Paredes is worth Gilbert and like Haggerty.

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people in here really mad about the trade of some very meh baseball player's.
I don't mind getting rid of some of the players but i have absolutely zero faith they will make good moves to replace the players with anything other than shit.

I read today they are going to replace Kelenic with a AAA player who gets this, strikes out a lot, 28% I saw someone say. This team is FULL of holes and they are actively making more. Were now hearing the team is broke so be prepared for more scrubs on our Make a wish baseball team.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So where I will agree that Jerry failed the 2023 season was when he traded for Kolten Wong which ended in disaster, I have no idea why they signed AJ Pullock and Tommy La Sorta. All that was a huge miss so at the trade deadline they needed to acquire a 2nd baseman and an OF. I do believe if Rojas and Calzone were on the opening day roster that would have been the 1 game changer we needed. Either way the short coming of that season does fall on JD.

yeah we do disagree I think our rotation is fantastic with Hancock being added. I don't think he would want to trade his rotation as from what I heard that our pitching is a center piece in trade discussion in the winter meeting. If he trades Gilbert or Kirby I would be sick. However we can judge what JD will make once the off season is over. its clear they are gearing to making some kind of move I don't think what we got in return in the trades was the actual goal.
Trading for Wong wasn’t a fail though. Nobody was mad about it, at the time the worst anyone thought he could be was who he was traded for in Winker. Even the most pessimistic fan couldn’t have imagined Wong could be that bad offensively and defensively. Jerry not getting rid of him after April when it was obvious he couldn’t hit was the fail. I get the Pollack signing because he was suppose to platoon with Kelenic. The fail there was they didn’t sign a DH. Pollack was not an everyday player and once Kelenic proved he could face lefties Pollack should’ve been DFA’d at the end of April. And there were two easy cheap replacements, he had DeLoach and Marlowe in the minors to call up for Pollack and Tim Anderson would’ve cost literally nothing to trade for to come play 2B.

LaStella was an eh whatever but should’ve been DFA’d after two weeks, as they realized he couldn’t hit and he provided nothing else. At least all of the utility players Jerry collects can be defensive replacements at numerous positions and pinch runners.

I do like the rotation. But with how the entire franchise has been built, pitching is what they have to trade from. Ford, Young and Gonzalez are top 100 guys but are years away so that hurts in a deal and all of the teams that lineup with Seattle as trade partners need major league ready arms.

And I wasn’t trying to imply that is the last move. What I am saying is the Mariners were 1 impact bat last year away from getting into the playoffs and 2 from being legit WS contenders. They are now 5 legit bats, depending on feelings on France away from WS contention. So my entire argument/anger is that just to get back to the same offense is they have to sign Ohtani and Bellinger. Then to get net positive they have to make a trade which I cannot see them getting anything better than the production of Kelenic or Teo without giving up pitching, which now without Marco IMO they have to sign a pitcher.

So I would absolutely love to be wrong on what it would take to get to 2023 Mariners offensive production but as it stands now the they do not have a major league lineup and I only see two ways which as I said they have to subtract from the major league roster or massively increase the budget (which outside of a few FA’s I fully understand not giving out huge contracts to this class)

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading starters for scrubs should make people mad. And Kelenic showed he has every bit the talent as Julio if he could ever put it together.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay and whom have they brought in so far to change that? Still too to early ask?
That is the big thing that I think has caused the anger. Teo, Geno or Kelenic individually being traded or not resigned is a loss but not a huge deal but all 3 makes this the worst lineup in the league as it stands. Just to get it back to 22nd will take a miracle or massive progression from guys who sucked in 2023 or basically rookies.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what is happening..
The japanees are in.charge..
Shooting..
Them.selves.in the...
Foot ..
Get .