• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mariners 2023 - 2024 offseason thread

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would get..
Bellinger .
And .
Gurriel jr..

But I would only want bellinger .for..maybe.5-6.
Years..
There is no bellinger..in
The system..so

Gurriel .maybe.3.years..
Waiting...
For..montas..

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the real..thing.
To protect..the..mariners. Pitching..
And minors...from..would .be..
Ravajers..such as cinncinati..
Who..would rip.
Seattles..good .pitching..and future..pitching...
And every .good..player..in there.minors..
If they..
We're aloud..to .

Look cinncinati..looks like a Seattle..
2 hand.store....
And all seattle.has..is .Castillo..
.they..need to not .do.like that.
Again .

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read some teams see him as a 3B. Or we move Crawford to 2B.

As far as the cost, I read Gilbert,Cole Young and Brash (but it included Romano coming to us). Not sure if that was a baseball guy or not. I know they wanted Suarez...oh ya too late. Maybe we can give them the two we got for Suarez. I heard they are real valuable...

My guess: Gilbert for sure if I am Toronto. Then it is just a matter of young preference. I agree it would probably include one of our future SS's. No to Ford. Maybe Ford the SP.

I came up with Gilbert, Walter Ford and Arroyo for Bo and Romano.

If they wanted to add Vlad, then any youngster would be on the table.
If Gilbert is involved then that forces them to sign Snell or Gray doesn’t it? The position Bichette would play is kind of irrelevant honestly. He could play SS and make JP play 2B, he could play 3B and have the platoon guys play 2B. I was just curious cause I kind of don’t want them to blow their wad one trade especially if it creates a hole in the staff. Don’t know much about Romano if Miller and Woo are both with the team they will need to find an innings eater or do the dumb 6 man rotation.

With the the future SS’s it just sucks cause one more full year on the minors they will be able to see which one they can’t trade. Young will probably be the top prospect for them going into the year, but everything I’ve read is Emerson and Peete both have looked amazing.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Gilbert is involved then that forces them to sign Snell or Gray doesn’t it? The position Bichette would play is kind of irrelevant honestly. He could play SS and make JP play 2B, he could play 3B and have the platoon guys play 2B. I was just curious cause I kind of don’t want them to blow their wad one trade especially if it creates a hole in the staff. Don’t know much about Romano if Miller and Woo are both with the team they will need to find an innings eater or do the dumb 6 man rotation.

With the the future SS’s it just sucks cause one more full year on the minors they will be able to see which one they can’t trade. Young will probably be the top prospect for them going into the year, but everything I’ve read is Emerson and Peete both have looked amazing.
Yes, any trading of Gibert (or Miller or Woo) in my mind means you sign a legit SP to replace.

Romano is their closer and was an All-Str last two years. He would be great to have.

No 6 man rotation. It doesn't make sense to me.

I know we have so many middle infielders that look legit and all 22 and under. You can't keep them all, but it would be fun to try and see how they pan out. Of course if they go all Kelenic, then you have no trade value. What if you could sign guys from other teams and not have to give up players? Someone should look into that.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even..wazzu..thinks incorrectly..
That .woo..is a starter...
That is incorrect....at this..time..

Can. Start .is not. Starter .

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo .ya going..to far ..to .
Get...
A cup..
When its wrecking.the joint .(.Indiana Jones)

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, any trading of Gibert (or Miller or Woo) in my mind means you sign a legit SP to replace.

Romano is their closer and was an All-Str last two years. He would be great to have.

I know we have so many middle infielders that look legit and all 22 and under. You can't keep them all, but it would be fun to try and see how they pan out. Of course if they go all Kelenic, then you have no trade value. What if you could sign guys from other teams and not have to give up players? Someone should look into that.
I get the appeal of Romano and don’t dislike it, my only thing is that the Mariners will need innings if Gilbert is traded. We have seen the last couple of years where Servais and Co rely so heavily on the bullpen, most run out of gas in September. Would be nice pushing Brash to the 7th and Munoz to the 8th but they have that stupid philosophy no idea if they’d even play it that way.

Not saying I’m a fan of a 6 man rotation, but without Gilbert they will need innings which means Marco, but I think Hancock has more upside. Ideally sign one of the top end starter but will probably sign a number 5. I don’t know man, I’m just sick of them putting themselves in a huge and just pissing games away because they’d rather pitch a guy like Marco, keep playing Wong, or like in 2021 kept sending Montero out there. They should’ve made the playoffs every year the past 3 years but inept leadership has stopped them two times. Along with all 3 years they have had to go on a ridiculous winning streak or winning at a .750 clip for awhile. So why not just quit punting on games cause they don’t want to admit a mistake

I know they can’t keep all 4, but it would just be nice to have a bigger sample size cause with Mariners luck, they’d trade the two that go onto hall of fame careers and Seattle ends up with two Dustin Ackley’s.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not impressed.with.any.further..
(Mets ..sodo mojo..)

Talks..of..2b..at this time..
Rojas and. Urias .are enough..
For..
Know ..caballero..and bliss..
Till..after..
Mariners .get guys..for.
#3..
And..
#4.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm good at trading one middle of the infield prospect if it's meant getting a good return while the other top prospect gets his shot.

srf1957

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KEVIN
7:37
Is there any chance Bichette goes to the Cubs?

Mark P
7:38
There's been some speculation about this online, but I don't really see why Toronto would move Bichette. They already need hitting and infield help, so they're going to move their best hitter and someone who made good defensive improvements as a shortstop?

Unless the Jays are planning a modern version of the Carter/Alomar for McGriff/Fernandez blockbuster, I don't see it

From MLBTR chat

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think.seattle needs.to.sign.free agent.
Soon.to add clarity...
I don't think..Seattle.fans..know how good..urias..is.
He can hit..hrs .he can.play.defence..
Had an off year.last..year..cuz of injuries..
So..ok..
Hits 250..he is ok..

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the appeal of Romano and don’t dislike it, my only thing is that the Mariners will need innings if Gilbert is traded. We have seen the last couple of years where Servais and Co rely so heavily on the bullpen, most run out of gas in September. Would be nice pushing Brash to the 7th and Munoz to the 8th but they have that stupid philosophy no idea if they’d even play it that way.

Not saying I’m a fan of a 6 man rotation, but without Gilbert they will need innings which means Marco, but I think Hancock has more upside. Ideally sign one of the top end starter but will probably sign a number 5. I don’t know man, I’m just sick of them putting themselves in a huge and just pissing games away because they’d rather pitch a guy like Marco, keep playing Wong, or like in 2021 kept sending Montero out there. They should’ve made the playoffs every year the past 3 years but inept leadership has stopped them two times. Along with all 3 years they have had to go on a ridiculous winning streak or winning at a .750 clip for awhile. So why not just quit punting on games cause they don’t want to admit a mistake

I know they can’t keep all 4, but it would just be nice to have a bigger sample size cause with Mariners luck, they’d trade the two that go onto hall of fame careers and Seattle ends up with two Dustin Ackley’s.
Our buddies at Locked On evaluated Gilbert, Young, Brash for Romano & Bo and they said drastic overpay by us. Gilbert for the two they would do. They would not add anything to it for just those two. Interesting.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that.drove.down.
Urias..fld..
At 3b..was.a dismal..940..fld.in.2021..
In 2020..981
In 2023..
So he can be a better .3b..than suarez or as..good..I think..Seattle.fans..
Have missed..that..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiner.-felefa.ss/3b...has..
good..flds..and..242.bat ave.

A good .guy to get

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our buddies at Locked On evaluated Gilbert, Young, Brash for Romano & Bo and they said drastic overpay by us. Gilbert for the two they would do. They would not add anything to it for just those two. Interesting.
I was just about to ask if you heard that. I know of Bichette and like him. Don’t know really anything about Romano but his numbers seem to be better than Brash. But to be fair I did ask that too and basically said if they wanted Gilbert and Ford/Young plus more prospects I think I’d be out too. I also think Gilbert’s value is high…..but, the Mariners need offense desperately almost by any means necessary. Kind of like how we talked about I think they might as well spend their budget on the big name FA pitchers and trade for offense.

With how Young played last year, I really think he has an outside chance of getting called up next year. Granted this is all from other peoples opinion but prospects dude I was listening to basically said Young will be MLB ready next year at the same time Bliss will be. I wouldn’t bank on it by any means but if he does keep up his performance all the disappointment of Jerry pretending Rojas and Urías are everyday starters goes away IMO. I know that is an illogical statement but damnit the Mariners are due to have a HS prospect finally break through like countless other teams have.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reditt saying..they .have.
A prob.with bellingers..
Hard..hit rate..
Not me..
I need .a 300 hitter .there

.1.Crawford ssL/L
2.julio....cf.
3.bellenger..rf/cfL/L..
4.jimenez.. DH..white Sox..
5 raliegh..sw/.cat
6.france..1b.
7.rojas...3b./2b.L/L.
8.urias.,..2b/3b
9.kelenic..LF.L/L.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bench.
Zavala..
Moore..
Canzone .
???¿??1b.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Louis arraz..for miami.does not.
Even have a hard hit rate..
So what .
I need to.score runs.not..arm wrestle..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just about to ask if you heard that. I know of Bichette and like him. Don’t know really anything about Romano but his numbers seem to be better than Brash. But to be fair I did ask that too and basically said if they wanted Gilbert and Ford/Young plus more prospects I think I’d be out too. I also think Gilbert’s value is high…..but, the Mariners need offense desperately almost by any means necessary. Kind of like how we talked about I think they might as well spend their budget on the big name FA pitchers and trade for offense.

With how Young played last year, I really think he has an outside chance of getting called up next year. Granted this is all from other peoples opinion but prospects dude I was listening to basically said Young will be MLB ready next year at the same time Bliss will be. I wouldn’t bank on it by any means but if he does keep up his performance all the disappointment of Jerry pretending Rojas and Urías are everyday starters goes away IMO. I know that is an illogical statement but damnit the Mariners are due to have a HS prospect finally break through like countless other teams have.
I hated when I saw. Angels
Picked .schanuel..

It was a slap..in the face..

Now .though
He went..clear to .mlb..
That was..a double..slap..
Ouch .
Ouch..
Ouch..
Ouch.