• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mariner Moves 5/2/15

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if Miller's on the roster, I'm in favor of him playing against RHP. Last night was just a very weird time to do that. Miller was one of the only guys in the lineup who hit Shoemaker well. Glad we still won, but that was weird.

I think Taylor is going to eventually be a guy who gets on base more than Miller, and that's what we desperately need. But as SeattleCougar just said, we don't know enough yet about him.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't blame him for being frustrated, but he certainly shouldn't be blabbing about it to the media. Marquee players almost never do that, so a guy like Miller looks like a complete twat doing it.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my issue. I get Miller isn't the best SS in the world and has had a few issues the last week but he has excelled in hitting right handed pitching. One of the 3-4 spots in your order that was producing the first month was Miller. Now because you want to "shake things up" you essentially take his job away while a guy like Ackley still is playing vs righties. Essentially Miller is going to relegated to the bench until Jackson returns from the DL and then Miller will get sent down to learn the outfield.

I got nothing against Taylor either but there's nothing to suggest he can hit at this level yet. I just think an odd message is being sent by doing this.

I'm thinking just f*ing start Smith and try Miller at DH. He isn't the best in the world but I'd prefer him being in the lineup everyday over ever seeing Weeks again.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking just f*ing start Smith and try Miller at DH. He isn't the best in the world but I'd prefer him being in the lineup everyday over ever seeing Weeks again.

Agreed... Which is why we should just release Weeks and call up Guti...

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only two weeks but my fears of Taylor are showing up. He needs to altar his swing if he is gonna stick. He swings like a power hitter but he has zero power. Someone needs to help him shorten things up because right now it's just an added dead spot to an already weak lineup. Meanwhile you can't afford to have Miller sitting much if at all.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a little too early to draw conclusions about Taylor. I say give him 200 MLB at bats before that.

But I agree with what SeattleCoug is saying about his approach. Up the middle and the other way is what he needs to think about if he's ever behind in a count, so shortening the swing and maybe even slightly opening his stance. I think he'll be a guy who can get on base eventually, which is what this team desperately needs. When is the big issue, though.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only two weeks but my fears of Taylor are showing up. He needs to altar his swing if he is gonna stick. He swings like a power hitter but he has zero power. Someone needs to help him shorten things up because right now it's just an added dead spot to an already weak lineup. Meanwhile you can't afford to have Miller sitting much if at all.

1- I'm almost ready for the Marte Experiment.
2- Taylor's swing is sad right now. He pulls off just about ever pitch, but then when he makes contact he drives it to RF and hits to just about the same spot every time with WTP (warning track power).
3- With hAckley/K-Nino/WeAks in the lineup, it really doesn't matter.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His BABIP luck from last year is definitely evening out on the balls he does square up. I'm not saying he is a lost cause like Ackley but he is over his head right now. One thing I did like about him previously is he did work deep into counts. Now it seems like he swings out of his shoes at the first strike. Wouldn't shock me to see him go back down when Jackson comes back so they don't have DFA the dead weight