• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marcell Dareus traded to Jax

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The process for the Packers is let Rodgers carry the team into the playoffs and hope he pulls out miracles. That shit doesn't work if he's not playing and if the defense is garbage. The process is broken and changes should've been made 4 years ago.

Yeah I hear ya, I guess I feel good the Packers are contenders almost every year with a shot at The Lombardi. I mean we could be Vikings fans.

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The process for the Packers is let Rodgers carry the team into the playoffs and hope he pulls out miracles. That shit doesn't work if he's not playing and if the defense is garbage. The process is broken and changes should've been made 4 years ago.

Who would you have hired 4 years ago? As a HC I mean.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would you have hired 4 years ago? As a HC I mean.

It starts with GM who is the most important person for the franchise. Ted Thomposons methods work to an extent but the main reason he's had consistent playoff appearances is Favre already being with the Pack and Rodgers falling into his lap. Outside of that they have bad in game coaches that do not change their philosophy even if it doesn't work, way too many busts at high draft picks and until this last season refused to acquire big name free agents at positions of need instead trusted the process that their rookies would all turn into great players. That never came to fruition and we ended up wasting nearly a decade with Rodgers outside of one season when the defense was actually good with a prime Woodson/Williams Raji and Matthews before their injuries plagued them and Jenkins.

I would start by hiring a GM who is bold enough to acquire some top name free agents at positions of need without breaking the bank and that fit on the team. As for HC and DC I would love for the Packers to hire Jim Leonard from the Badgers as the DC and for HC we could keep MM since he's good with game planning and keeping the players motivated and disciplined for the most part. However I would hire a great OC and make him call the plays since MM just isn't a good in game play caller. Who that person would be I do not know at this time but it would be some one who is aggressive, uses different exciting plays, change of direction, motions, etc and bases his calls off feel and knows what to call based on the situation and doesn't need a card or a book to tell him what to call.

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It starts with GM who is the most important person for the franchise. Ted Thomposons methods work to an extent but the main reason he's had consistent playoff appearances is Favre already being with the Pack and Rodgers falling into his lap. Outside of that they have bad in game coaches that do not change their philosophy even if it doesn't work, way too many busts at high draft picks and until this last season refused to acquire big name free agents at positions of need instead trusted the process that their rookies would all turn into great players. That never came to fruition and we ended up wasting nearly a decade with Rodgers outside of one season when the defense was actually good with a prime Woodson/Williams Raji and Matthews before their injuries plagued them and Jenkins.

I would start by hiring a GM who is bold enough to acquire some top name free agents at positions of need without breaking the bank and that fit on the team. As for HC and DC I would love for the Packers to hire Jim Leonard from the Badgers as the DC and for HC we could keep MM since he's good with game planning and keeping the players motivated and disciplined for the most part. However I would hire a great OC and make him call the plays since MM just isn't a good in game play caller. Who that person would be I do not know at this time but it would be some one who is aggressive, uses different exciting plays, change of direction, motions, etc and bases his calls off feel and knows what to call based on the situation and doesn't need a card or a book to tell him what to call.

You made several fair points here so I'm just gonna respond with numbered points because I've had way too many PBRs to do much else.

1. Rodgers fell into Thompson's lap because TT drafted him.
2. Bad in-game coaching means the Cowgirls win that playoff game last year.
3. The free agent trap is what bad teams fall into. Tramon Williams, JC Tretter and Casey Hayward were some recent Packers draftees that signed big money contracts with losing franchises and all they have is their money. I'm sure if TT had signed Jairus Byrd 3 years ago they'd have another Lombardi.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You made several fair points here so I'm just gonna respond with numbered points because I've had way too many PBRs to do much else.

1. Rodgers fell into Thompson's lap because TT drafted him.
2. Bad in-game coaching means the Cowgirls win that playoff game last year.
3. The free agent trap is what bad teams fall into. Tramon Williams, JC Tretter and Casey Hayward were some recent Packers draftees that signed big money contracts with losing franchises and all they have is their money. I'm sure if TT had signed Jairus Byrd 3 years ago they'd have another Lombardi.

1.) Rodgers dropped to the Packers and Thompson takes the highest ranking player on their board. We were lucky that MM thought Alex Smith was the better QB.
2.) Rodgers called the final play in that game. This isn't even an arguement. There's so many cases of MM being a bad play caller with his conservative play calling I could literally write a book. Instead, just watch the Championship game vs the Seahawks to see how bad of an in game coach he is.
3.) There's a difference between falling for a trap and paying fair amounts for a player that you need instead of hoping that all of your rookies will one day pan out and if they don't oh well. A smarter GM would supplement the positions that just haven't panned out from the draft with FA's that don't break the bank. You should use all resuorces possible to improve your team instead of relying on the draft 95% of the time.

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.) Rodgers dropped to the Packers and Thompson takes the highest ranking player on their board. We were lucky that MM thought Alex Smith was the better QB.
2.) Rodgers called the final play in that game. This isn't even an arguement. There's so many cases of MM being a bad play caller with his conservative play calling I could literally write a book. Instead, just watch the Championship game vs the Seahawks to see how bad of an in game coach he is.
3.) There's a difference between falling for a trap and paying fair amounts for a player that you need instead of hoping that all of your rookies will one day pan out and if they don't oh well. A smarter GM would supplement the positions that just haven't panned out from the draft with FA's that don't break the bank. You should use all resuorces possible to improve your team instead of relying on the draft 95% of the time.

Fair enough. :suds:

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A thread about the bills and the jags trade.

Turns into a major homo thread about he pack.

These guys are good. Almost seahawk and pats good.

:suds: Game day bitches