• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marcell Dareus traded to Jax

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marcell Dareus - DL - Jaguars
Jaguars acquired DT Marcell Dareus from the Bills for a conditional 2018 sixth-round pick.

It's another aggressive move from a post-Doug Whaley regime that's traded away Sammy Watkins, Ronald Darby, and Reggie Ragland. Dareus fell out of favor in coach Sean McDermott's scheme, starting just three games and playing only 34 percent of snaps. He wasn't living up to his contract, and clashed with the coaching staff over off-field and work ethic concerns. This is essentially a salary dump for Dareus, who was one of the best tackles in the league last season. Dareus reunites with Doug Marrone in Jacksonville and upgrades a defensive line that's struggled against the run. The Jaguars will assume the final three years and $49-plus million of Dareus' deal.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cot Damnit Jim. I thought it was the Packers trading Martelous Bennett. One can only dream.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this could be a d like the ravens or bucs that win a superbowl with a crap offense

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it would take more than a conditional 6th.
What are the conditions?

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it would take more than a conditional 6th.
What are the conditions?
I read that it was a 6th that would become a 5th if the conditions were met. I'm guessing the conditions are based on him remaining eligible.

The Bills didn't have much bargaining leverage. I haven't followed all the specifics, but I've read that trading Dareus now was much better for the Bills cap-wise vs. releasing him at some later date.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that it was a 6th that would become a 5th if the conditions were met. I'm guessing the conditions are based on him remaining eligible.

The Bills didn't have much bargaining leverage. I haven't followed all the specifics, but I've read that trading Dareus now was much better for the Bills cap-wise vs. releasing him at some later date.
Bills dump a player they wanted to get rid of Jags got a quality player at a cheap price.
Win/Win for both.

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this could be a d like the ravens or bucs that win a superbowl with a crap offense

The difference is the quarterback position now means even more than it did during the 2000 and 2002 seasons.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading for what and why?

Dude drops everything. He's basically an older fatter version of Jermichael Finley does stupid shi t, won't shut his mouth and has many terrible drops. He's a great blocker and that's it. Way overpaid when we could've kept Cookie for less who Rodgers liked.

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude drops everything. He's basically an older fatter version of Jermichael Finley does stupid shi t, won't shut his mouth and has many terrible drops. He's a great blocker and that's it. Way overpaid when we could've kept Cookie for less who Rodgers liked.

I agree he's been nothing but a name, but honestly Cook was the same thing until that playoff game in Dallas last season. Things haven't played out well with him but if the Packers make a run at the playoffs he will be important imo.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm telling ya, the pats will take him. Mike Gillesie for bennett

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm telling ya, the pats will take him in exchange for one of our RBs (not named James white).

We have no need for an RB right now. We would like your defensive coordinator and or HC though.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree he's been nothing but a name, but honestly Cook was the same thing until that playoff game in Dallas last season. Things haven't played out well with him but if the Packers make a run at the playoffs he will be important imo.

The playoffs are the most important time to dominate and Cookie did just that with Rodgers as his QB. No, this team has no chance of making the playoffs now with a scrub QB in Hundley. We had a decent QB on the roster who looked excellent in preseason but we let him go since we put so much time in Hundley. lol

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The playoffs are the most important time to dominate and Cookie did just that with Rodgers as his QB. No, this team has no chance of making the playoffs now with a scrub QB in Hundley. We had a decent QB on the roster who looked excellent in preseason but we let him go since we put so much time in Hundley. lol

I assume you're referring to Callahan. He's been re-signed. Give Hundley time. He isn't Rodgers but shit happens man.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume you're referring to Callahan. He's been re-signed. Give Hundley time. He isn't Rodgers but shit happens man.

No, I was referring to Taysom Hill who was winning games by himself in the preseason then all of a sudden they decided to not let him even play in week three or four which basically hushed the QB competition and many people just forgot about Hill. Dude was electric and I would trust him ten times more than I ever would with Hundley who is straight up trash homie. I wouldn't be shocked if he was out of the league in a couple years.

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I was referring to Taysom Hill who was winning games by himself in the preseason then all of a sudden they decided to not let him even play in week three or four which basically hushed the QB competition and many people just forgot about Hill. Dude was electric and I would trust him ten times more than I ever would with Hundley who is straight up trash homie. I wouldn't be shocked if he was out of the league in a couple years.

Hill did have a nice preseason, I was rooting for him. Jacoby Brissett looked good in stretches as well. I'm not privy to practices or anything outside of any games so I just watch and trust the process as a fan.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hill did have a nice preseason, I was rooting for him. Jacoby Brissett looked good in stretches as well. I'm not privy to practices or anything outside of any games so I just watch and trust the process as a fan.

The process for the Packers is let Rodgers carry the team into the playoffs and hope he pulls out miracles. That shit doesn't work if he's not playing and if the defense is garbage. The process is broken and changes should've been made 4 years ago.