• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Manti Te'o is a fraud

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bull shit! None of those mother fuckers would have said a word if the story hadn't broke! They would have rode that bitch into history!

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a chance it wouldve come out like a day or two after the story broke considering Ronaiah Tuisosopo told him everything like two hours before Deadspin broke the story. Ive even read some articles that believe the only reason Deadspin broke the story when they did was because they wanted to beat Notre Dame to the punch. (Not saying i agree with this, but it does kind of explain why Deadspin would publish this article without waiting for Brian Teo to get out of his meeting and text them back). Manti was told all along that he would find everything out on the 16th, which happened to be the day Deadspin published the article.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bull shit! None of those mother fuckers would have said a word if the story hadn't broke! They would have rode that bitch into history!

This was never an option. I guess it's fun to think about, but again, too many people knew about this story for it not to come out. ND was waiting for Te'o to break it, but deadspin did first. And good for them, talk about free advertising.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it odd that ND's PR dept wasn't notified about it on Dec 26th.
ND's leadership let them promote a cancer fundraising deal on behalf of Manti Te'o after they learned the whole thing was a hoax.

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Guys, you know how we were going to raise money for cancer research? Scrap it, the girl wasn't real, so there is no reason for people to donate money towards research."

If they did cancel it people would be bitching about that. It was a no win situation.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There should be receipts or a flower shop record to show if in fact there were flowers delivered to that address on the day specified just 4 months ago.

It's amazing he knew that address so readily having never been there. I don't know any of my friends/family mailing addresses off the top of my head. I just know the street they live on and which house. I'd have to look up the address # to actually send them something.

Manti Te'o has apparently produced a receipt for the 2 dozen white roses he sent to the California home (Tuiasosopo's) that he thought his girlfriend lived in. It also included the message he wanted on the attached card.

Saw it on ABC news this morning.

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manti Te'o acknowledges lying in first TV interview - ESPN

Also released a 4 month period of his phone records...

A source close to Te'o gave ESPN's Jeremy Schaap documents that the source says are Te'o's AT&T phone records from May 11 to Sept. 12, the date that the woman was supposed to have died. The logs are not originals, but spreadsheets sent via emails, and could not be independently verefied.
The records show that in that four-month span -- when Te'o has said he believed Lennay Kekua to be in a Los Angeles hospital recovering from an accident and being treated for cancer -- Te'o made and received more than 1,000 calls totaling more than 500 hours in length from the same number in the 661 area code. The 661 area code covers Lancaster, which is part of Los Angeles County. The source told Schaap that Te'o believed the 661 phone number in question was Kekua's.

Of these calls, 110 were more than 60 minutes in length, including several that were several hundred minutes long. In an ESPN interview Friday, and in interviews with both ESPN and Sports Illustrated last fall, Te'o said he was on the phone "every single night" with a person he believed to be Kekua, often for long stretches late at night.

Beaverz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8280eff60d05a1beb6f854451b5efc23_large

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, so he's a gullible fool and his "friend" needs a freakin life

I'll take that over him, his buddy, and ND all getting together and having his gf die the same day as his grandma for heisman hype as most of you people suggested. :yahoo:

But yeah, I agree on both counts. Especially with that guy needing to get a life...

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take that over him, his buddy, and ND all getting together and having his gf die the same day as his grandma for heisman hype as most of you people suggested. :yahoo:

But yeah, I agree on both counts. Especially with that guy needing to get a life...

I never said ND was in on it. But I still think he knew sooner than he is letting on. I'm thinking she "died" when the friend got tired of the prank and let him in on it.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This^^^

Seriously, he guy must be obsessed with Te'o to do this. STALKER!

I get bored if a prank takes more than a minute or two for the guy to realize he has been punked. Can't imagine how much work and dedication this took for all that time, and I can't see what the endgame or payout is.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
110 were more than 60 minutes in length, including several that were several hundred minutes long.

:shocked:

i cant stand being on the phone. 10 minutes is my max time, no matter who i am talking to

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
110 were more than 60 minutes in length, including several that were several hundred minutes long.

i cant stand being on the phone. 10 minutes is my max time, no matter who i am talking to

Agreed. He's a feg.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And just think, he wasted all that time and never got any pussy

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read something earlier from Tuiasosopo's lawyer, and I think it hinted that this was less of a prank, and more of Tuiasosopo being a mentally unstable freak, and wanting to be close to someone...which is why he pretended to be a woman to be close to Manti.

I could be taking it wrong though. I'll try to find that article and post it.

Last edited by a moderator:

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read something earlier from Tuiasosopo's lawyer, and I think it hinted that this was less of a prank, and more of Tuiasosopo being a mentally unstable freak, and wanting to be close to someone...which is why he pretended to be a woman to be close to Manti.

I could be taking it wrong though. I'll try to find that article and post it.

Here is the link.

And here's the quote I'm talking about, this is what Tuiasosopo's lawyer says about the situation...

“This wasn’t a prank to make fun,” Grimes told The News. “It was establishing a communication with someone. ... It was a person with a troubled existence trying to reach out and communicate and have a relationship.”