• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Manning is about to go into the Denver Game

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Man, they go down as the 1 seed with Osweiler and they'll never live it down. If healthy you have no choice but to give Manning the ball. After all the only other time he could lean on his defense in the playoffs he won a Super Bowl. Granted he was also in his prime. Just look at the quote from Elway at the bottom of MileHigh64's posts.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Manning play. The more I listen to things this week the more I am sure that is what will happen. I still say though Osweiler would be the better choice. I think he has earned that right by playing much better than Manning did at any point this season. While the offense hasn't scored many more points with him in his ability to not turn the ball over (this last game was a ridiculous fluke of bad luck) has been huge for taking advantage of our greatest strength in the defense.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Needs to be Osweiler. Peyton didn't really do much in that game. Granted he gave them a spark, but he only threw a handful of passes, and it's yet to be seen if he is still the noodle arm Manning or not, which I'm sure Kub already has seen.

I find it hard to believe Mannings arm got all that much better while out. People should not forget he was the worst QB in the NFL going into that injury. In fact I think he still holds the most PI's for all QB's.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think Osweiler should start but I'm convinced it will be Manning. Most of the news coming out of Dove Valley and reported on here locally would indicate that's where Kubiak is going to land. I do think however, that Peyton will be on a short leash. A couple of poorly thrown picks on Peyton's part could bring young Oz back onto the field. Crazy to think that a number 1 seed in the playoffs has question marks on who to start at quarterback. That's gotta be a pretty rare occurrence going into the NFL playoffs.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think Osweiler should start but I'm convinced it will be Manning. Most of the news coming out of Dove Valley and reported on here locally would indicate that's where Kubiak is going to land. I do think however, that Peyton will be on a short leash. A couple of poorly thrown picks on Peyton's part could bring young Oz back onto the field. Crazy to think that a number 1 seed in the playoffs has question marks on who to start at quarterback. That's gotta be a pretty rare occurrence going into the NFL playoffs.
The Chiefs faced a similar quarterback controversy in 1997 as the number 1 seed. Elvis Grbac had been their starting quarterback, but he got hurt and the Chiefs performed well with Rich Gannon. When it came to the playoffs, the Chiefs went back to Grbac, and they lost the divisional round to the Broncos 14-10.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chiefs faced a similar quarterback controversy in 1997 as the number 1 seed. Elvis Grbac had been their starting quarterback, but he got hurt and the Chiefs performed well with Rich Gannon. When it came to the playoffs, the Chiefs went back to Grbac, and they lost the divisional round to the Broncos 14-10.

Can't believe I forgot about that one. After all, those were my favorite playoff games of all time!

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing is certain, the blood sucking media will blame Kubiak for playing the wrong QB at the wrong time if/when they lose. He's in a tough spot.