• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mandate Lie Detector Tests

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about this idea.....When deciding whether or not to draft a player or spend on a FA, teams are allowed to have a qualified licensed Polygrapher.....

Imagine the possibilities...

1 Are you only in it for the money.
2 Are you in a gang
3 Have you now or have you ever been (input question here)

On and on we could go

My first question would be. Would you rather win a SB or be rich but can't have both.

90 percent of the league will fail this question, so stay away from those guys. Give me 53 men that answered Win a SB and you will see a Playoff team every year.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know some college coaches and some NFL teams hire private investigators to follow certain guys around. They go into their towns and ask everyone who knows them questions, just like they would with a crime suspect. Who does he hang out with? Where does he hang out at on the weekends? Has he ever been in any trouble..etc...
obviously not the Lions. But some teams do this.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about this idea.....When deciding whether or not to draft a player or spend on a FA, teams are allowed to have a qualified licensed Polygrapher.....

2 Are you in a gang

On and on we could go

My first question would be. Would you rather win a SB or be rich but can't have both.

90 percent of the league will fail this question, so stay away from those guys. Give me 53 men that answered Win a SB and you will see a Playoff team every year.

The problem with that scenario is that the guys who chose just winning a championship over just being wealthy would be too stupid to be successful. Anyone dumb enough to choose winning a game over financial freedom and security for their family deserves whatever harsh realities life can dish out on them.

You want guys who want both. The balance of success and wealth is the best combination. Going to either extreme is a recipe for failure IMO.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know some college coaches and some NFL teams hire private investigators to follow certain guys around. They go into their towns and ask everyone who knows them questions, just like they would with a crime suspect. Who does he hang out with? Where does he hang out at on the weekends? Has he ever been in any trouble..etc...
obviously not the Lions. But some teams do this.

I think it would be a great idea. It's part of the interview process.....You don't have to ask friends or family members.....Polygraph the source right there during the interview. Super Idea. Tell any player that refuses that he won't be drafted by said team.

They want to be thugs then do what criminal justice system does. Polygraph there ass. If you refuse everyone knows it.

Hell, I just learned today as a school bus driver part of our drug testing is taking hair samples, not like peeing in a cup was enough, they are now taking hair samples....

Why can't the NFL catch up? I'm a simple bus driver but now hair samples?

Guess what? I don't make millions.......Take hair samples or dread lock samples from these jokers and there will be a 2nd draft for 50 percent that failed to qualify for the draft.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with that scenario is that the guys who chose just winning a championship over just being wealthy would be too stupid to be successful. Anyone dumb enough to choose winning a game over financial freedom and security for their family deserves whatever harsh realities life can dish out on them.

You want guys who want both. The balance of success and wealth is the best combination. Going to either extreme is a recipe for failure IMO.

So what route has the Lions gone down? When you leadership is doing it? Maybe Lewland would have never been hired if he took the test?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the NFL isn't as concerned with recreational drug use as you are?

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the NFL isn't as concerned with recreational drug use as you are?

Somehow in your head, you think it will be better if we all do it "recreationally" You fail to realize America is full of dip shits but somehow will become more responsible by allowing it.

I asked you once upon a time about drug testing and you told me as a teacher in Michigan you are not tested. I still can't wrap my head around that......You are a teacher. How do parents allow you to be around kids without testing?

I'm only a bus driver and get tested often.....Does your school system consist of 100 students in the Yukon or something.....I live in a city and all employees are tested randomly through out the year and now hair samples. Guess Technology and funding hasn't hit the U.P. yet.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somehow in your head, you think it will be better if we all do it "recreationally" You fail to realize America is full of dip shits but somehow will become more responsible by allowing it.

I asked you once upon a time about drug testing and you told me as a teacher in Michigan you are not tested. I still can't wrap my head around that......You are a teacher. How do parents allow you to be around kids without testing?

I'm only a bus driver and get tested often.....Does your school system consist of 100 students in the Yukon or something.....I live in a city and all employees are tested randomly through out the year and now hair samples. Guess Technology and funding hasn't hit the U.P. yet.

No, my statement was pretty simple- the NFL doesn't care about it as much as you're leading on. I didn't say anything about allowing it alltogether, but they set up a test that's easy for the average, semi-intelligent, recreational user to beat if they can lay off the weed for a few weeks each year. The idiots who either have a problem or are too stupid to not get caught get weeded out and dealt with. Seems like a pretty good system to me.

Get all bent out of shape all you want, I'm just being a realist here. While you're talking about increased drug screening the NFL is actually discussing lowering the threshold for a failed marijuana by a substantial amount to keep pace with the World Anti-Doping Agency.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because teachers don't get high on the clock, and if they did it's pretty easy to weed them out (no pun intended). You obviously have to have a pretty clean record to get a teaching job in the first place, and beyond that you're probationary period lasts 3 to 5 years. Basically, if you're stoned in the classroom, it's pretty obvious, and you'd be fired in pretty short order.

There's really no need for teachers to be drug tested. Plus, schools have a paper-thin budget as-is, we can't go spending another billion dollars a year on unnecessary drug testing. If teachers being high all the time was a problem in our society, then yes, I'd be all about it. But it's not, so we shouldn't be wasting money to fix something that isn't broken.

Must suck to live somewhere where adult professionals in a trust-driven profession like teaching aren't trusted enough to not come to work high. Then again down there meth is a real problem, so they're probably more worried about the peripheral positions like cooks, custodians, maintenance, etc... coming to work on something dangerous like that. Since they can't test all the school employees and leave the teachers out, they just test everyone in the interest of fairness. That or maybe you're full of it and teachers don't get tested and you just assume they do because the bus drivers do?

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2 Are you in a gang

On and on we could go

Muzz, you won't be happy until everyone has a chip implant.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lie detector tests are routinely unreliable. I don't think teams would gain much in the end.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The vast majority of jobs in this country dont test often or regularly. Most jobs require pre employment testing and then testing if there is a solid reason. There is no way all employees in your city are doing urine and hair sample testing. That is just absurd.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The vast majority of jobs in this country dont test often or regularly. Most jobs require pre employment testing and then testing if there is a solid reason. There is no way all employees in your city are doing urine and hair sample testing. That is just absurd.

I only said all school employees I.E. Teachers, Bus Drivers, Aides etc etc get urine tested, bus drivers are now tested with hair samples when we go renew our DOT CDL yearly. They fired two last year that failed hair sample testing. They first failed the urine test then hair follicle test confirmed it and they were terminated.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you draft Titus Young, Muzz? Guy probably believed he wanted to win a championship. Also believed he was better than Calvin. Would of passed the test with flying colors.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you draft Titus Young, Muzz? Guy probably believed he wanted to win a championship. Also believed he was better than Calvin. Would of passed the test with flying colors.
:lol::10:

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a lie detector test is your solution? Genius!

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a lie detector test is jumping the gun a little. The obvious next step would be mood rings. During the interview process they have to wear mood rings. Hell they could pay me to monitor the colors for them.

Last edited by a moderator:

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would it be unconstitutional? I'm pretty sure it would be, but nevertheless I would use it when putting a 53 man roster together.....Just a tool to get players and team players on my team.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My god teams are willing to draft guys with borderline special needs wonderlic scores!

They draft guys like Johnny Manzel that are in it for the party, money, and fame while flaunting NCAA rules.

They draft head cases like Pacman Jones!

So what the hell would a polygraph prove? They know these guys flaws and take them anyway!

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I passed a lie detector test when I was 17.:nod: My friend did'nt.:clap: Fucker tried to put the blame on me. He was jail bound.