• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Managing expectations here

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not yelling, I am laughing. You really DO hate Detroit, don't you?

So much. Yes, I dismiss them from my mind to avoid getting angry.

lol... but the hate has really died down now, I think. Not only Schwartz two years removed, but that whole defense is gone. Still just have never had a good experience with a Lions fan though, which also doesn't make it easier. Whenever they lose a tough one, I just think; "Ah... that one asshole from that one time is probably red in the face, and I love it."

Although, yes. I just double checked and they did beat them. Oops.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Encouraged, sure, everybody is. But going back to same old same old with this new staff abandoning the run is disturbing.
This was most disturbing. The players did better then expected but the staff let us down on both sides of the ball. On O they quit running when it was working, on D Fangio did not make adjustments and find a way to hit AR. I was somewhat disappointed in our staff. I wanted to see more of the backup RBs too. Were deep there and did not use it. We had GB tiring down and should have taken advantage.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need 7 winners for this week.....who you guys got?

7 NFL winners...let's see what you guys come up with.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was most disturbing. The players did better then expected but the staff let us down on both sides of the ball. On O they quit running when it was working, on D Fangio did not make adjustments and find a way to hit AR. I was somewhat disappointed in our staff. I wanted to see more of the backup RBs too. Were deep there and did not use it. We had GB tiring down and should have taken advantage.

Yep. That saying old saying has been adjusted to wear the defense down running the ball, then throw the ball because you tired them out, not continue to run over them.

Expectations is the key word, we can hope, but eventually one of our einstein"s is going to tell us we are wrong with facepalms, bullshits and dislikes.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. That saying old saying has been adjusted to wear the defense down running the ball, then throw the ball because you tired them out, not continue to run over them.

Expectations is the key word, we can hope, but eventually one of our einstein"s is going to tell us we are wrong with facepalms, bullshits and dislikes.
My wife trained me how to be wrong on everything. Face palms,bullshit's,dislikes are perfectly normal. I hate when she does the face palm right after sex. Why can't she learn to appreciate my efficiency.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I don't really get the run/pass calls criticism. Mostly. There is one drive where they screwed it up, and that was the infamous drive that died inside the 5. OK, yes, that drive, clearly they passed too much. What other drive? Let's look at each of them:

Drive 1: 4 runs, 6 pass, FG (one playcall here could be criticized...maybe...the 2nd and 4 incompletion to Miller)
Drive 2: 2 runs, 3 pass (all longer yardage situations), PUNT
Drive 3: 10 runs, 6 pass, TD
Drive 4 (drive approaching halftime): 5 runs, 5 pass, FG
Drive 5: 8 runs, 4 pass, FG
Drive 6 (the game killer): 2 runs, 7 pass (yes, I agree, this drive they fucked up, particularly the red zone calls), DOWNS
Drive 7: 2 runs, 2 pass, INT
Drive 8: (running out of time, down 15): 6 passes, TD

OK, so again really other than Drive 6, the run/pass balance was fine, in some cases heavily tilted to running. Aside from the obvious, where else should the Bears have run more (without the obvious benefit of hindsight)?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well them stats you put up say they did right. It seemed like we passed much more then the numbers are showing. I would have liked to see more of Langford and Carey. Also I did not see any adjustments to bring a little pressure on AR. Overall I was pretty happy with what I saw. But I did not expect such a vanilla D plan. I really thought we would see a few surprise plays from the D to make AR less comfortable.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Yeah, now that's a critique I can agree with. I think Fangio mixed up personnel groups and positions a lot, but we didn't see a lot of exotic blitzes. Of course, there is a reason why...Aaron Rodgers is a notorious blitz killer, statistically blitzing him is not a good idea. But I think in a game like that, sometimes you have to try anyway, particularly when your 4-man rush clearly is not doing the job.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really get the run/pass calls criticism. Mostly. There is one drive where they screwed it up, and that was the infamous drive that died inside the 5. OK, yes, that drive, clearly they passed too much. What other drive? Let's look at each of them:

Drive 1: 4 runs, 6 pass, FG (one playcall here could be criticized...maybe...the 2nd and 4 incompletion to Miller)
Drive 2: 2 runs, 3 pass (all longer yardage situations), PUNT
Drive 3: 10 runs, 6 pass, TD
Drive 4 (drive approaching halftime): 5 runs, 5 pass, FG
Drive 5: 8 runs, 4 pass, FG
Drive 6 (the game killer): 2 runs, 7 pass (yes, I agree, this drive they fucked up, particularly the red zone calls), DOWNS
Drive 7: 2 runs, 2 pass, INT
Drive 8: (running out of time, down 15): 6 passes, TD

OK, so again really other than Drive 6, the run/pass balance was fine, in some cases heavily tilted to running. Aside from the obvious, where else should the Bears have run more (without the obvious benefit of hindsight)?

I heard Forte had 18 carries in the first half and only 6 in the second half. I have not been able to find a breakdown to verify those numbers.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need 7 winners for this week.....who you guys got?

7 NFL winners...let's see what you guys come up with.
late to the party... some are tough calls.
Straight picks- (didn't look at the spread)

Pretty confident:
Lions over Vikings
Rams over Washington
Saints over Bucs
Titans over Browns
Dolpins over Jags

Toss Up/tough games
Patriots over Bills
BEARS over Cardinals

Too close to call
Chargers over Bengals
Steelers over 49ers
Texans over Panthers
Falcons over Giants
Raiders over Ravens (just want to see Flacco flop around in Tresty's O some more and Suggs out)
Eagles over Cowboys (no Dez)
GB over Seattle (I know I'm supposed to always go against GB, but they are still pissed about last year)
Jets over Colts- (Colts did not look good last week, and Jets D does... toss up. BMarsh can't steal away Interceptions this week)

Thoughts?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
late to the party... some are tough calls.
Straight picks- (didn't look at the spread)

Pretty confident:
Lions over Vikings
Rams over Washington
Saints over Bucs
Titans over Browns
Dolpins over Jags

Toss Up/tough games
Patriots over Bills
BEARS over Cardinals

Too close to call
Chargers over Bengals
Steelers over 49ers
Texans over Panthers
Falcons over Giants
Raiders over Ravens (just want to see Flacco flop around in Tresty's O some more and Suggs out)
Eagles over Cowboys (no Dez)
GB over Seattle (I know I'm supposed to always go against GB, but they are still pissed about last year)
Jets over Colts- (Colts did not look good last week, and Jets D does... toss up. BMarsh can't steal away Interceptions this week)

Thoughts?

I went with

Rams
Saints
Titans
Dolphins
Panthers
Ravens
and Indy