• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Magic on Jim Buss, state of the Front Office

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic Johnson rips Jim Buss, says Kobe Bryant should put foot down - ESPN Los Angeles

By now, many of you have read/heard Magic's comments. I found this bit the most intriguing:
"Dr. [Jerry] Buss raised Jeanie and I up together," Johnson said. "When Jeanie went to USC business school, he was bringing us along together. Jim was not part of the Lakers. He never really saw our championship years. Jim was doing his own thing.

Whether you agree or disagree with Magic, he does have more inside insight than most regarding Jim Buss and the family dynamic, who was off "doing his own thing." Take the 49ers for example, some might argue that Jed York undermined his team this off season. It starts from the top down and Jim Buss scares the daylights outta me.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow....very interesting and we've lost Phil to NY. He should be running the Lakers FO imo

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Magic was out of line with his speech as co-owner of the Los Angeles Dodgers, he needs to focus on the Dodgers. The Lakers have a new ownership in place since the death of the late Dr Jerry Buss. While the new ownership have had a life time living and experiencing their dad's dream, it is different being on their own and it might take them a few years to figure it out, but it will get better

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Magic was out of line with his speech as co-owner of the Los Angeles Dodgers, he needs to focus on the Dodgers. The Lakers have a new ownership in place since the death of the late Dr Jerry Buss. While the new ownership have had a life time living and experiencing their dad's dream, it is different being on their own and it might take them a few years to figure it out, but it will get better
Laker fans do not wait for excellence. We are an impatient breed indeed. At the rate the Lakers are moving your estimate of a few years could double.