• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Macklemore/Ryan Lewis to perform at NFCCG halftime

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was before he really blew up.

That and the acoustics at The Safe are pretty terrible when not specifically setup for a concert and only a concert. I'd say that every pre-game performance has been about as terrible as the Macklemore one was for that reason.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That and the acoustics at The Safe are pretty terrible when not specifically setup for a concert and only a concert. I'd say that every pre-game performance has been about as terrible as the Macklemore one was for that reason.

Are you sure it was not terrible BECAUSE it was Macklemore?

Too bad Jimi died so young. He would be in his 70's now, but I am sure he still would have done Seattle proud.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you sure it was not terrible BECAUSE it was Macklemore?

Too bad Jimi died so young. He would be in his 70's now, but I am sure he still would have done Seattle proud.

This seems like the most likely scenario to me.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, my taste in music doesn't include Macklemore either, but I'm not about to say he's terrible. There are a lot of artists whose music I don't care for, but who I can still acknowledge as talented. It's a matter of taste and there's no reason to suggest that one artist or another is terrible just because they don't suit your particular taste.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, my taste in music doesn't include Macklemore either, but I'm not about to say he's terrible. There are a lot of artists whose music I don't care for, but who I can still acknowledge as talented. It's a matter of taste and there's no reason to suggest that one artist or another is terrible just because they don't suit your particular taste.

What impresses me about him is how successful he's been as an independent artist. You cant watch a commercial break without hearing at least one of his songs. And all that money paid for the rights goes to directly to them, not a label. That's awesome.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well he is pretty good at looking like Toby from The Office.

TheDman875

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he's already done it before, but would love to see Largent raise the flag for this game.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think Walter Jones would be great because they could mention his pending induction into the NFL Hall of Fame and that would get the crown roaring. He's also one of the more recent Seahawks celebrities, not someone most of the young fans would look around asking "Who?" about.

I really don't want to see some non-football Seattle celebrity raise the flag for the NFC Championship game. It needs to be someone involved with the Seahawks or another Seattle pro sports icon. Did Jr. already raise it once? That would be a great choice too.

TheDman875

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Griffey raised it on the final game of the 2009-10 season I believe.

TheDman875

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple local celeb ideas that come to mind.

John Schneider
Don James' family
Robinson Cano (too early?)
Howard Schultz (just kidding)
Chris Hansen
Rick Rizzs
Drew Bledsoe
Steve Emtman
Randy Johnson
Lou Piniella

All I can think of at the moment who hasn't raised it yet. I know there aren't many football guys on there, but the list is growing short lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What impresses me about him is how successful he's been as an independent artist. You cant watch a commercial break without hearing at least one of his songs. And all that money paid for the rights goes to directly to them, not a label. That's awesome.

The ironic part is that I found him back in 2007 when his songs didn't have more than 1,000 views on YouTube. His first album The Language of My World was excellent IMO, you don't hear any of those songs on the radio though. What is ironic is that he got popular after releasing The Heist, which was utter garbage.

Now I can't stand him because I hated The Heist and the fact that I've heard Thrift Shop, Can't Hold Us and Same Love about 5 million times.

Nobody cared about him performing at Safeco because nobody knew who he was. If he performed that same song at Safeco today people would go nuts, simply because of the fact that is he super popular now.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like some of his stuff but the whole "shout out to gays everywhere" schtick is getting annoying. It seems so contrived and if you read online there's quite a few people that are actually gay that are annoyed with a straight guy who feels the need to tell them that it's ok to be gay.

TheDman875

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things I'm looking for tomorrow.

1. More TE involvement in the passing game, especially on 3rd down. Seahawks need to spread the defense out more. They need to roll the dice a bit to give Wilson more options in our 3WR sets.

2. If the TE's are more involved like I hope, more play action on 1st down. I know we're a run first team, but need to keep the LB's guessing.

3. Defense. Better tackling at the LOS and get to Kaep quickly. I saw a segment saying NFL QB's average pass takes 3 1/2 seconds from the snap to throw the football. Kaep's average is slower at 4 1/2 seconds. Hit him early and often to disrupt his timing and rhythm to create panic and INT opportunities.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I to like to see some more passes to the TE. Luke Wilson vs Patrick Willis looks like a mismatch in the Seahawks favor. Luke is just to fast for Willis.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ironic part is that I found him back in 2007 when his songs didn't have more than 1,000 views on YouTube. His first album The Language of My World was excellent IMO, you don't hear any of those songs on the radio though. What is ironic is that he got popular after releasing The Heist, which was utter garbage.

Now I can't stand him because I hated The Heist and the fact that I've heard Thrift Shop, Can't Hold Us and Same Love about 5 million times.

Nobody cared about him performing at Safeco because nobody knew who he was. If he performed that same song at Safeco today people would go nuts, simply because of the fact that is he super popular now.

I agree I like a lot of his earlier stuff too but his new stuff isn't bad. It's definitely more mainstream but it's still macklemore.

I for one avoid listening to the radio unless it's KJR 950 or KIRO 710. Listening to radio for music makes you hate music because it becomes so overplayed.