• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LSU Tigers update...August 9th

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Dandy Don: Dandy Don?s LSU Recruiting and Sports News - LSU Football and More!

Good morning, Tiger Fans. Yesterday LSU went through their first complete day of practice in full gear, and according to several reports it was a good practice.The practice was closed to the public, but the media was allowed to see the first 15 minutes of individual drills, which is not a lot of time, especially when the team is divided into six areas on the practice field.

As I have said many times, this is going to be a very good football team on defense, and the offense has a lot of good, young inexperienced talent. LSU's offense finished outside of the top-100 in total offense in each of the last two years. In my opinion, LSU's lack of offense had to do with inconsistent play at quarterback and playing calling. I am hoping that the play calling will be better this season and that Jordan Jefferson has a turnaround at the quarterback position as plays up to his potential. There is no doubt that Jefferson will be the starting quarterback and will be as long as he does not go down with an injury.

I think there are five big reasons the offense will be better this season:

1. The play of Odell Beckman, Jr. and Jarvis Landry at wide receiver.
2. The play of running backs Spencer Ware, Michael Ford and Alfred Blue.
3. The play of Terrence MaGee as an all-purpose back.
4. The play of the tight ends.
5. The improved play of the offensive line.

In other football news, it was announced yesterday that ESPN 3D will televise 20 regular season football games this season, including the LSU - Mississippi game on September 15 at 7 p.m. Central. They will also air the Allstate BCS National Championship and five postseason bowl games.