• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Love goes back to Stanford

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether or not you want him on the Lions this is a bad thing for Detroit, the more RB's in the draft the better backs that will be available for the Lions pick. Thinning the talent pool is a bad thing.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether or not you want him on the Lions this is a bad thing for Detroit, the more RB's in the draft the better backs that will be available for the Lions pick. Thinning the talent pool is a bad thing.

Yup. Tough one. He was one that I liked, but I was concerned about him being a bit smallish for the NFL so maybe its not such a bad thing we are not tempted.

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Abdullah, Riddick, and Love are the same guy. There would be uproar if the Lions took another smallish RB.

The team that was going to take him will now look at other positions. We could potentially lose an available DL prospect in Rd1 because Love isn’t in the draft.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Abdullah, Riddick, and Love are the same guy. There would be uproar if the Lions took another smallish RB.

The team that was going to take him will now look at other positions. We could potentially lose an available DL prospect in Rd1 because Love isn’t in the draft.

I'd say Love was a lot more Jahvid Best than Ameer Abdullah or Theo Riddick. Probably not the guy to get our running game going from scratch, but an improvement over AA running the ball and an improvement of Riddick catching the ball, plus a huge improvement just in the fact you don't telegraph your plays based on which RB is in the game. But also appears to be injury prone in college, and that doesn't usually get better in the NFL.

I agree that he would have helped us more by pushing other guys down to us, but he would have been a good upgrade at RB too.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This class is still stacked though.

If we are going round 1. Chubb or Barkley
Wait to round 2. Michael, Johnson, Guice or Jones.
Middle rounds. Penny, Scarboughrogh or Freeman

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinn better not be a douchenozzle and pass on RB this draft. I would seriously have to question is decision making and possibly throw Tpaul into a tantrum for doubting our GM.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinn better not be a douchenozzle and pass on RB this draft. I would seriously have to question is decision making and possibly throw Tpaul into a tantrum for doubting our GM.

And if he picks up a FA RB, still holding Bob to finding one in the draft? I'd feel better if we went with a RB out of college, and this class seems to have a lot of talent, but at this point either path to improve the backfield works. Just don't come back to training camp with the group the Lions currently have. They've shown that they just aren't getting it done.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This class is still stacked though.

If we are going round 1. Chubb or Barkley
Wait to round 2. Michael, Johnson, Guice or Jones.
Middle rounds. Penny, Scarboughrogh or Freeman

And if he picks up a FA RB, still holding Bob to finding one in the draft? I'd feel better if we went with a RB out of college, and this class seems to have a lot of talent, but at this point either path to improve the backfield works. Just don't come back to training camp with the group the Lions currently have. They've shown that they just aren't getting it done.

Unless Barkley is there I would wait until round 2. Barkley is a no brainer and should go in the top 10 easily and probably top 5. I cant see the Colts passing on him. Old man Gore is just about done. Even the Browns could use him as Crowell is going to want a big contract.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im starting to like Rashard Penny. Started watching actual footage instead just highlight reels and his bowl game. He also breaks tackles inside and not just a HR threat on the outside.

This path would fit for the guys wanting DE/DT first and RB later. RB first path for me is Guice after trading back. I’m always a trade down guy every year though.

Penny is in the Reese’s Bowl for those who want to see him.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Depends which RB he brings in.

Outside of Le'veon Bell.
Crowell is the most talented.
Even if we sign him.
I still want to see him take a shot of someone in the 3rd or 4th round.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im starting to like Rashard Penny. Started watching actual footage instead just highlight reels and his bowl game. He also breaks tackles inside and not just a HR threat on the outside.

This path would fit for the guys wanting DE/DT first and RB later. RB first path for me is Guice after trading back. I’m always a trade down guy every year though.

Penny is in the Reese’s Bowl for those who want to see him.

I like Penny the most out of all the mid-round RB's. Sony Michel is dynamic too.

As for first round, I would prefer Chubb over Guice. But obviously just personal preference.

DT or DE would be my first choice overall though. Deron Payne or Christian Wilkins.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kerryon Johnson in the 2nd.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Penny the most out of all the mid-round RB's. Sony Michel is dynamic too.

As for first round, I would prefer Chubb over Guice. But obviously just personal preference.

DT or DE would be my first choice overall though. Deron Payne or Christian Wilkins.

Wilkins is returning to school.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marcus Davenport - DE - UTSA

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash