• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lose for Kakko?

Fox4Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone seems to be all over the Jack Hughes, the more I research these guys the more I am liking Kaapo Kakko more than Hughes. Hughes is flashy and has great hands, but he is pretty small. Comparisons are to Patrick Kane, but not quite the upside as he doesn't have near the shot, at least yet.

Kakko has a much more imposing frame yet still has great hands and is incredibly strong on the puck. He is playing on the top line in Finland's elite league and their version of the NHL at just 17 years old and playing quite well.

Let the Senators finish last and we pick 2nd. Hopefully it'll be a repeat of 2008 draft when the Lightning went with the flashy player in Stamkos (an amazing player, don't get me wrong) while we take the more well rounded Doughty. C'mon #2 pick!

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With that many K's, Kakko had to be Finnish or Japanese...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone seems to be all over the Jack Hughes, the more I research these guys the more I am liking Kaapo Kakko more than Hughes. Hughes is flashy and has great hands, but he is pretty small. Comparisons are to Patrick Kane, but not quite the upside as he doesn't have near the shot, at least yet.

Kakko has a much more imposing frame yet still has great hands and is incredibly strong on the puck. He is playing on the top line in Finland's elite league and their version of the NHL at just 17 years old and playing quite well.

Let the Senators finish last and we pick 2nd. Hopefully it'll be a repeat of 2008 draft when the Lightning went with the flashy player in Stamkos (an amazing player, don't get me wrong) while we take the more well rounded Doughty. C'mon #2 pick!

These top guys are so over-analyzed that I think you're hard-pressed to find bad pick in the top 5. I haven't heard too many people say that any of the top guys are generational talent, but Jack Hughes gets the closest to that praise. Doesn't mean that much overall though, so I won't judge too harshly on whoever the Kings would theoretically take.

As you have seen with the Oilers though, there's getting the top picks, and then there's developing them and putting them in positions to succeed (Surround them with the right players and support group. Don't rush them/bring them up when they're ready). Doughty was a Day 1 guy. He crushed training camp and came in right away, but others need time. It's a lot about figuring out what guys need what in order to succeed.

I keep saying it, but give this team like 18 months (Two full summers) and we'll hopefully be singing a different tune. I would definitely bring in as much youth as possible for these final 30 games or so. Let them get experience and make the most of this final 3rd of the season.

Psych3man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Kings will not lose in the lottery like 2007 when there were three top tier players available (Kane, Van Reimsdyk, Turris) and the Kings were 3rd. Then Hawks win lottery, pushing Kings to #4--Thomas Hickey......OUCH! Hawks draft Kane.

I always hated the Blackhawks for that--pushing Kings out of top 3. Especially hard with me living in the Chicago area since '03. You would be amazed that almost no Hawk fans, including hard cores, can tell you how they got Patrick Kane...moved up from 5th to 1st in lottery (8.1% chance)...the year after they drafted Toews 3rd in 2006 draft (behind Erik "golf cart injury" Johnson and Jordan Staal...Hawks lucky again).

The rest is history......