• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Los Angeles Rams @ SF 49ers, 09/12/16, 10:20pm EST, 2016

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My god that would mean we would be handing Tennessee the #1 pick :L
So they'd likely have 2 picks in the top 5 or 10. Wonder if they'll do any better with their numerous picks than we did with the haul we got from the Redskins.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the 1st game. Not going to over-react, even if that's the in thing to do. I think long term they'll be fine.

If they win more then 5 games I'll be shocked. Fisher even said on Hard knocks no more 7 win seasons lol. It's just hard to win without a quarterback

Last edited:

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at hot shots sports bar last night and they have Slam the Rams promotion during Rams games this season. For every TD scored against the Rams they knock $1 off the price of a Pitcher of beer. So last night it was $4 off!! $3.50 pitchers! :suds:

LOL, that is awesome. I just got back from the Arnold Dairy Queen... They were busy and the guy at the counter said they will be running this promotion all season... So I will expect many $1 cones.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that you're the 3rd person that's really gotten into it with him at some point: you, me and retro (unless there's others I'm not thinking of at the moment)

We all can get chippy. But when you call someone 4-5 different names and starting dogging people's kids, i think the tantrum can take a chill pill. He's probably way past due to get an ass whoopin.

All i did was stick to calling him 1 thing - exactly what he is.

But he's definitely got wood for a few people including me.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moving on.. I hope they can turn something around here. They looked like dog poo last night. It was almost comical. And if they can't, things need to change at the top. LA and that stadium has to draw a big name -- Gruden hopefully.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all can get chippy. But when you call someone 4-5 different names and starting dogging people's kids, i think the tantrum can take a chill pill. He's probably way past due to get an ass whoopin.

All i did was stick to calling him 1 thing - exactly what he is.

But he's definitely got wood for a few people including me.

Play the victim card much?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Play the victim card much?

"We all can get chippy". I can be a man and dish or take directly towards you. But i'm not going after your family. That's just sorry. You go after mine and we got a problem

Talk football or GTFO.

Last edited:

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...stopped in at my local watering hole for lunch and someone had pinned a picture of Fisher on the dart board. I tossed a few and it felt great!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't look now but Shaun Hill is starting for the Vikings. Maybe Snisher will trade multiple number ones into the future and Aaron Donald for Hill to be out next franchise QB?!

Last edited:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually got a chance to watch the 1st half of the game last night. :L I just wanted to see 1st hand on how badly we played. Right off the bat I noticed that the right side of our o-line was getting beaten pretty badly. I actually saw our gd Brown get physically pushed/pancaked 5 yrds backwards right into our qb for a sack. I also saw our wrs drop pretty easy catches(Tavon/B. Quick). As a matter of fact I saw Tavon Austin get thrown around like a rag doll!:L The new kid Higbee dropped 2 passes as well. What was really disappointing was Todd Gurley getting stuffed pretty badly at the LOS. At one point he was flagged for taunting. He threw the ball at a 49er defender and got a personal foul call that set us up out of scoring position which led to a punt. :L I wasn't aware that TG has a hot head like this! In the 1st half alone I believe we had like 45 yards of unnecessary penalties that really hurt us. We are very undisciplined!

One thing is for certain here is that we have no outside receiving threats whatsoever! The 49ers were stacking the box and playing man coverage and shutting us down pretty easily. They were easily getting penetration in our backfield on just about every play. .OBTW, never once did we reach the red zone! :L This was really sad to watch. I will watch the 2nd half of this tonight when I get home. Not really looking forward to the letdown.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as our defense, #99/#94 were pretty quiet in the 1st half. It seemed as though the niner o-line dominated us pretty easily. Their RB(Carlos Hyde) was getting big chunks on 1st down that put us on our heels. Gabbert was killing us on the ground as well. It seemed as though they had great success running right up the middle of our "D". I believe this has to do with our lack of LBS. This idea of 1 LB is a joke, if they continue to do this we are going to get scorched on the ground on a weekly basis. :L Not sure what to think at this point, something has got to change, hopefully it will be the coach/GM.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as our defense, #99/#94 were pretty quiet in the 1st half. It seemed as though the niner o-line dominated us pretty easily. Their RB(Carlos Hyde) was getting big chunks on 1st down that put us on our heels. Gabbert was killing us on the ground as well. It seemed as though they had great success running right up the middle of our "D". I believe this has to do with our lack of LBS. This idea of 1 LB is a joke, if they continue to do this we are going to get scorched on the ground on a weekly basis. :L Not sure what to think at this point, something has got to change, hopefully it will be the coach/GM.

Do we have any other LBs? I mean... They let go of Ayers and we have a few young guys for ST. :L I think they went all in on this and we may not have a choice.

I would love to have Bowman and Brooks as my LBs. Those guys are huge for that San Fran D.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we have any other LBs? I mean... They let go of Ayers and we have a few young guys for ST. :L I think they went all in on this and we may not have a choice.

I would love to have Bowman and Brooks as my LBs. Those guys are huge for that San Fran D.

I'm sure they do, but it looked as though we were playing a zone scheme with 5/6 dbs and safetys. These guys were spread all over the field expecting pass and we were getting scorched badly up the middle by the run! I have to watch the 2nd half to see if they defended differently. Gabbert picked up on this early and it hurt us.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually thought Ayers was one of Fishers boys! He had him in Tennessee! Not sure what happened? Getting up there in age maybe? Or maybe Fisher decided to keep someone over him. I see that he signed pretty quickly with the Colts, I believe. If you ask me I think it hurt our run "D".

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually thought Ayers was one of Fishers boys! He had him in Tennessee! Not sure what happened? Getting up there in age maybe? Or maybe Fisher decided to keep someone over him. I see that he signed pretty quickly with the Colts, I believe. If you ask me I think it hurt our run "D".

Scheme usage. The Rams didn't switch to this 4-2-5 alignment because Ayers left. Ayers was let go because he was paid too much for the limited snaps he was going to see.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scheme usage. The Rams didn't switch to this 4-2-5 alignment because Ayers left. Ayers was let go because he was paid too much for the limited snaps he was going to see.

All I can say is opposing Rbs are going to LOVE our new scheme! :trash: