• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looks like we're going to need a new banner!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Darkstone42
@thedddd
@element1286
@evolver115
@Ewa PGH Fan
@Gooch1034
@FaCe-LeE-uS
@Maximus Rex
@MISKO
@NorthCoastSteelersFan
@obxyankeefan
@old1r1sh
@scoutyjones2
@3riverbabe

We only have 3 Cups on our banner and last I checked we now got 4!

I was also thinking of replacing the Vegas gold with the classic gold from the 1990s, like the gold we sported at home this season.

I'll try to get started on this banner in a couple of weeks (needless to say, tDoobster is emotionally drained from the Cup run), so please check up on this forum during the offseason if you can!

Otherwise, you guys have a great summer, you all earned it!

LET'S
GO
PENS!

2016 STANLEY CUP CHAMPS, BABY!

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Darkstone42
@thedddd
@element1286
@evolver115
@Ewa PGH Fan
@Gooch1034
@FaCe-LeE-uS
@Maximus Rex
@MISKO
@NorthCoastSteelersFan
@obxyankeefan
@old1r1sh
@scoutyjones2
@3riverbabe

We only have 3 Cups on our banner and last I checked we now got 4!

I was also thinking of replacing the Vegas gold with the classic gold from the 1990s, like the gold we sported at home this season.

I'll try to get started on this banner in a couple of weeks (needless to say, tDoobster is emotionally drained from the Cup run), so please check up on this forum during the offseason if you can!

Otherwise, you guys have a great summer, you all earned it!

LET'S
GO
PENS!

2016 STANLEY CUP CHAMPS, BABY!

That's all you, Doob. Put a couple together and maybe we can do a vote on here for the winner. Have a great day Doob, and all of the hockey fans :hockeysmile:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's all you, Doob. Put a couple together and maybe we can do a vote on here for the winner. Have a great day Doob, and all of the hockey fans :hockeysmile:
Yeah, I didn't want to say anything earlier, but I've been planning this for a while!

Congrats on tCup!

:suds:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Doob! You have a great Summer too!!!

LET'S GO PENS!!!!!!!!!
Thank you too! Had a great time chatting with you guys this season, from the beginning when we were all down in the dumps to now while we're all on :cloud9:

It's been a hell of a ride, boys, let's do this again next season :suds:

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you too! Had a great time chatting with you guys this season, from the beginning when we were all down in the dumps to now while we're all on :cloud9:

It's been a hell of a ride, boys, let's do this again next season :suds:
Agreed but without the down in the dumps beginning of the season part!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed but without the down in the dumps beginning of the season part!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's the Penguin way, this is how we won tCup in 1992, 2009, & 2016. The 1991 team was the closest thing we came to smooth sailing, but I was too young to remember that year. I just know we won tCup & my mom was happy so I was happy, plus I loved penguins!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL my dad (Flyer fan) said he was happy for the Pens in 1991 because they finally got a Stanley Cup...

Little did he know :plotting:

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, new banner needed.

I was traveling yesterday (back from the Burgh, ironically), so I only got to see the third period...but what a show! The Pens never let up, going after the puck as if they were behind in Game 7, not leading Game 6!

City of Champions...HUZZAH ! ! ! ! !

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the Penguin way, this is how we won tCup in 1992, 2009, & 2016. The 1991 team was the closest thing we came to smooth sailing, but I was too young to remember that year. I just know we won tCup & my mom was happy so I was happy, plus I loved penguins!
Gets me thinking, even though the 92-93 team didn't win the cup, I still think that was the best Pens team ever but excluding them, I would LOVE to see this 2016 team play against the 1992 Pens. If I had to put $$ on it, 1992 would be my team. That 92 team was a prime example of how a good team from 91 can become great with a deep cup run like they did. This 2016 team could repeat history I hope! :hope:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gets me thinking, even though the 92-93 team didn't win the cup, I still think that was the best Pens team ever but excluding them, I would LOVE to see this 2016 team play against the 1992 Pens. If I had to put $$ on it, 1992 would be my team. That 92 team was a prime example of how a good team from 91 can become great with a deep cup run like they did. This 2016 team could repeat history I hope! :hope:
I think this team has the potential to be the most revolutionary team since the Edmonton Oilers of the 1980s. We showed that we could dominate opponents purely by outskating them. I used to think you needed to have a well rounded team to win tCup, but this years Pens team showed that the only thing that matters is that you outskate your opponents. I think we just created a new model for all GM's to follow. All you need is speed, with speed you could do anything.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this team has the potential to be the most revolutionary team since the Edmonton Oilers of the 1980s. We showed that we could dominate opponents purely by outskating them. I used to think you needed to have a well rounded team to win tCup, but this years Pens team showed that the only thing that matters is that you outskate your opponents. I think we just created a new model for all GM's to follow. All you need is speed, with speed you could do anything.
Couldn't agree more and I credit Sully for most of it. He was the leader and didn't treat the players like stars. When I saw him yell "SHUTUP" at Malkin on the bench for chirping at the ref, I knew this guy was something special. What a fucking blessing he is when thinking back to having Dildo Dan standing behind the bench with a blank look on his face and making 0 adjustments when they were clearly needed to change things up.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't agree more and I credit Sully for most of it. He was the leader and didn't treat the players like stars. When I saw him yell "SHUTUP" at Malkin on the bench for chirping at the ref, I knew this guy was something special. What a fucking blessing he is when thinking back to having Dildo Dan standing behind the bench with a blank look on his face and making 0 adjustments when they were clearly needed to change things up.
Apologies, but I'm going to crash now (didn't sleep all night), but I would love to continue this conversation later, I'm just past running on fumes now.

But I must say, now that we have won tCup, IDK what I'm going to dream about :dhd:

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I saw another article today that pointed out the fact that there were a few clubs in recent years to play this tactic of outskating the opponent. The Isles of a couple of seasons ago that Orpik scored the game winner against to end that series, that club comes to mind. Also they mentioned the Senators, and Karlsson.

It was just that no GM put together as complete as a team geared for this style of play as well as Rutherford did. Daley and Hagelin being key components of it. Pretty incredible job by GMJR