• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looks like we're drafting 3rd!!!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, you played WR eh?? So you see what i see in Cooper.. He can play any WR spot, and only few can do that..
That's why im real high on him, and compare him to Tim Brown.. He would be a great pick for sure..
Williams to me is like Seymour.. Can play DE in a 3-4 and DT in a 4-3.. 6-5 300 bills.. With the right DC, he could be an ALL-PRO..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a lot of potential but the issue for the NFL is can a player maximize that ability. Cooper's lack of desire to block honestly does concern me as it does show a lack of effort. When I see those kind of red flags it does worry me if I was the team drafting a guy that high. Williams is a guy I really like but he does need to go to the right situation and have a team not expect pro bowl level play day one. I think he is a two year project that could pay off big time but does a top tier team or really fan base have the patience?

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, Cooper will fix that problem at the next level, im pretty sure of that.. And i agree in that, if we take the Big Cat and he's not playing like a 28 year old Seymour right out of the gate, the fan base would turn on him real fast!! Heck they wanted to cut Mack after his first few games for crying out loud!! Players need time to develop.. It is what it is..
Dude, i had a bold prediction that you guys draft Bryce Petty QB Baylor.. Who do you think you guys take??

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idaho I guess we shall see on Cooper. From the little bit of film study I have watched on him the issue in blocking deals more with his lack of desire to block rather than just technique. If it was just a technique issue I wouldn't view it so much of a red flag. When it is effort though that doesn't just change when someone goes to the NFL. Broncos have a guy like that in Julius Thomas. It is a big reason I hope they don't resignhim after this year. I think cooper will still be great but there will be some liabilty with him where you just can't run to the outside his way.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, if we pick Cooper?? And he don't want to block!! Then the HC and Carr need to kick him in the NUTS!!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue here for the Raiders if they decide between DT and WR or Williams and Cooper is that the DT and WR position are actually two of the riskiest positions in the NFL to draft in the 1st round.
Imo, the 5 riskiest positions to draft in the first round are RB, TE, CB, ILB and S.

Imo, scouts have gotten better at evaluating DTs and WRs. With Defensive linemen, you need to put the players in the right scheme or else they wont work. With Defensive linemen, the combine actually matters. Not the bench press...everyone is strong in the NFL. But if you can combine that strength with burst then teams will have to double team your guy and thats what keeps a DT from busting. If your DT is not a NT, he has to have enough burst (10 yd burst, 40 speed, 3 cone, you name it) to penetrate into the backfield. Thats how Williams will be judged. Another risk with dlinemen is that they are only successful because of other players on the defense getting more attention. I think there is HUGE risk in taking the 2nd best player on a front 7 (ignore my avatar)

As far as WRs are concerned, they're still pretty risky. Cooper is an Alabama player and Saban tends to maximize his players in college so there is a little risk there. Still, he should be able to walk onto an NFL team and be productive. Kevin White is from West Virginia and WV always has good college stats in the passing game. I think he is pretty safe, though. DGB is a huge off the field risk but is arguably the most talented player in terms of upside in the whole draft.

Imo, Williams goes 3 and Cooper goes 4.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's good thing we get a shot at FA's BEFORE the draft. If we can get a #1 WR is FA, I would jump on Gordon in a heartbeat. 2nd coming of Lynch. , without all the baggage.

If we could get Fitz for a short term deal I would love that, would give us options at #4, on the other hand I could see Lynch in the same type deal, I think Murray could be our guy at RB, Beast would be an awesome mentor.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR, RB, OL, with first 3 picks.. In FA.. Randall Cobb, Jerry Maclin, Lupati.. The rest of the picks and money on D!! No points = No WINS..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So i go around to see what Fans want?? Its seems like most want Chip Kelly type ball.. But those same fans want to draft DT, LB, DE, with first 3 picks, then spend most of the CAP on Suh, Hardy, and every other top D player out there, then get some D minded HC.. So i ask?? How in the Heck do we get That kind of ball doing it this way?? Can't be done!! You want Air raid?? Follow the blue print.. Simple..