• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looks like we're drafting 3rd!!!!

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy with that were going to get a big time player to fill a need and we didn't tank. Carr was competitive and got experience. First wasn't as important we have our QB

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Late season wins took them out of number 1 pick. Not that they wanted a player projected there but these other teams I predict are going to be willing to gamble and make generous offers to have chance to draft mariota. Raiders could hsve benefited from multiple picks in trade

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,831.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we'll get a good player and go shopping for groceries (free agents).

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RaiderZar is right, we do have the 4th pick.. Early mock from me.. The 2 QBs go one and two.. That leaves the Jags at 3.. What do they need?? Seems like their D is pretty good, and they used their top pick on Bortles this year.. Their problem is they can't score points!! If im the GM of the Jags i draft Bortles the best WR, and that would be Cooper!! That leaves us with Big Cat!! USC!! Depending on what the Jags do?? It looks like either Big Cat or Cooper as of now.. FA could change everything though.. So im watching some Black Monday TV, and everybody on there pretty much say the Raider gig is the best one!! We have the QB.. And everything else..

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RaiderZar is right, we do have the 4th pick.. Early mock from me.. The 2 QBs go one and two.. That leaves the Jags at 3.. What do they need?? Seems like their D is pretty good, and they used their top pick on Bortles this year.. Their problem is they can't score points!! If im the GM of the Jags i draft Bortles the best WR, and that would be Cooper!! That leaves us with Big Cat!! USC!! Depending on what the Jags do?? It looks like either Big Cat or Cooper as of now.. FA could change everything though.. So im watching some Black Monday TV, and everybody on there pretty much say the Raider gig is the best one!! We have the QB.. And everything else..

If Suh II is available at 4, I say take him. If it's Cooper, I say trade back, get the extra pick & take best athlete available. Go get Megatron via FA.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Cat would be such a great pick RaiderZar.. As long as we take care of Carr, im good with that pick.. We need a beast WR..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DevilMan. Williams would be a very good pick.. Heck some say he is the best player in this draft.. But Cooper is right there as well.. Best route runner to come out in a while.. He can hit you short, Mid, Deep, can play ALL WR spots.. Dude is a YAC machine.. Pair him with Carr?? Man that could be explosive for years.. Then you add say, a Macklin, or Torrey Smith, Cobb in FA?? And keep the best of what we got, With some beast OC??
Or go ALL in on say Thomas type WR, make him a top 3 highest PAID WR in football, IF the Donks let him go.. Bottom line though?? Williams would be a great pick!! I would be happy either way..

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they get Williams, go FA for wide receiver.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Cat knocked it out of the park in his bowl game!! Let's see what Cooper can do in his.. He will be playing NFL talent against Ohio St!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, after watching these bowl games i must say?? Thank goodness it went to a playoff system!! Amari Cooper is still my pick!! Not great numbers, only 2 TDs.. And thats with Meyer and his NFL secondary keying in on him all game long!! Great game plan by the best College coach Urban Meyer!! Oh, on another note?? Harbaugh is expected to beat Urban Myer and his NFL factory Ohio St!! Not gonna happen..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooper with a QB like Carr.. Man, that could be something we ain't seen since Gannon to Tim Brown!!
Weapons = Points and that = WINS.. Draft the BEST RB with our 2nd!! OL with our 3rd.. Although if Perryman is there in the 2nd?? It would be hard to pass him up!!

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's good thing we get a shot at FA's BEFORE the draft. If we can get a #1 WR is FA, I would jump on Gordon in a heartbeat. 2nd coming of Lynch. , without all the baggage.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon is beastly RaiderZar.. When is the last time you seen a RB like that enter the draft?? Jamaal Charles Speed and moves, with Beast Mode's POWER.. But he ain't the only RB in this draft..
2015 RB draft = 2014 WR Class.. That Deep.. We just can't pass up on drafting a RB in this draft class!!
Heck before Gurly got hurt, he was even better than Gordon!! Scary good RBs in this draft..

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leonard Williams or a top flight WR? Tough choice. If you picked Williams, the Raiders would have a stud defense with Mack and Williams. But, a good WR would really help Carr's game. What about going after Fitzgerald, drafting Williams and then looking at a decent WR in the 2nd or 3rd rounds?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue here for the Raiders if they decide between DT and WR or Williams and Cooper is that the DT and WR position are actually two of the riskiest positions in the NFL to draft in the 1st round. Now while 58% of 1st round picks end up being hits for teams the DT position is actually below 50% for hit rate in the 1st round over the last 10 years. WR falls in that same boat as they did a study from 1990 to 2009 of WR's drafted in the 1st round and there were 73 in that span. 50 of the 73 did not turn into a good receiver (performed at or below the average for the position in the NFL).

So in reality if you are looking at Williams and Cooper they are both going to be huge risks but with very high rewards. They both have some weaknesses to their game that I wonder how well it will translate to the NFL. Such as for Williams he is not known for having a ton technique. He relies a ton on just the fact that he is the strongest guy on the field. Well in the NFL that just doesn't translate. Everybody is strong so you have to have good technical skills to survive. Cooper has a huge weakness as a blocker. He just doesn't seem to have any desire to block when on the field. I would say though he is the safer pick of the two as receiver wise he is top notch. I was a receiver throughout my playing career so it is the position I know best. Watching Cooper play he is more than just a big fast guy playing the position. He is actually very technically sound with his footwork and the fact that he naturally catches with his hands instead of letting the ball get into his body.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucky, Fitz is a little old, but i would still take him.. Just not break the bank for him.. Super deep FA WR class..
I think the key for us to have a shot at the big cat, is for Winston to enter the draft.. We need QB to go 1 and 2..