• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Look for Williams to have a big day.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Dez doesn't run proper routes I don't think they will need to double Dez all day. he can be shut down without doubles at this juncture of his skill. Everyone keeps throwing his potential in as if it is fact. Witten may not get many catches either. Orton doesn't have the same repor with Witten as Romo. So I don't see orton throwing into tight coverage or double coverages of Witten or Dez.

I agree if Williams can burn a corner or two he can have a big day. But his rookie season has been like a box of chocolates. Shows some really good things to go with some WTF's

Beasley I really think will be the key to the passing game being successful.

Obviously I would love for Murray to average 7 yds a carry & never have to rely on the passing game, but I think we will run enough to make play action work, which is where I hope to see Williams come up big.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a shot at you Schmooopy and you did say "IF".....but it kills me how our fan base kills Dez on his route running. I hope this conclusion isn't based on what we see on our T.V. Based on the tv angles shown how much of Dez's routes do we as fans actually see? Do we know whats being called on the field or what audibles or option routes or being called? I think just because one or two guys or saying something doesn't make it true. Dez might not be the route runner that Wes Welker or Tony Gonzalez is, but I don't think he's near as bad as some try and make it out to be. Dude can ball get him the ball and good things will happen.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
, but I don't think he's near as bad as some try and make it out to be. Dude can ball get him the ball and good things will happen.

His route running IS THAT BAD

The only thing he excels at is jump balls .... He drops as many wide open passes as Owens if not more

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what lol. Dropped balls has nothing to do with route running. I'm not shocked that this is your position with Dez though.:rollseyes:

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a shot at you Schmooopy and you did say "IF".....but it kills me how our fan base kills Dez on his route running. I hope this conclusion isn't based on what we see on our T.V. Based on the tv angles shown how much of Dez's routes do we as fans actually see? Do we know whats being called on the field or what audibles or option routes or being called? I think just because one or two guys or saying something doesn't make it true. Dez might not be the route runner that Wes Welker or Tony Gonzalez is, but I don't think he's near as bad as some try and make it out to be. Dude can ball get him the ball and good things will happen.

everything you are saying is why I say "if"

I am not saying he wont run good routes. But if he doesn't. he wont have a big day.

BTW there is plenty of TV coverage of Dez not running good routes. he is a popular guy to watch.
Also he is to figure out when he isn't in the play allowing defenders to cheat. He takes plays off. Think this might be a reason he is pulled at times. My opinion not anything I know. But you didn't see Jerry Rice come off the field unless he needed a rest. (plenty of examples not just rice) Rice ran a route even if he wasn't in the play just like if he was the 1st read. I think Dez can be an awesome WR. But he isn't that guy right now. He has tons of flaws. he has the abilities to be a dominant WR but he isn't one right now. Think a lot of fans, here the media talk about how great Dez can be & just say/decide how great he is, when in fact right now he isn't.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what lol. Dropped balls has nothing to do with route running. I'm not shocked that this is your position with Dez though.:rollseyes:

I wouldn't expect you to be .... It's not a secret he isn't my favorite Cowboy player ... Nor one that values him for his future 5 year down the road potential

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everything you are saying is why I say "if"

I am not saying he wont run good routes. But if he doesn't. he wont have a big day.

BTW there is plenty of TV coverage of Dez not running good routes. he is a popular guy to watch.
Also he is to figure out when he isn't in the play allowing defenders to cheat. He takes plays off. Think this might be a reason he is pulled at times. My opinion not anything I know. But you didn't see Jerry Rice come off the field unless he needed a rest. (plenty of examples not just rice) Rice ran a route even if he wasn't in the play just like if he was the 1st read. I think Dez can be an awesome WR. But he isn't that guy right now. He has tons of flaws. he has the abilities to be a dominant WR but he isn't one right now. Think a lot of fans, here the media talk about how great Dez can be & just say/decide how great he is, when in fact right now he isn't.

The way you laid it out I would actually agree with you except for Iv'e never seen a healthy Dez not in the game but yeah Dez does need work for sure, but I believe the issues you point out are more of a reflection of his character problems. Dez has to work more to fix his character on and off the field more than his skills on the field imo.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which means Austin will probably have his best game of the year

LOL...I tell you...I have completely given up on him doing anything, so you will probably be right. Sports has a way of proving everyone wrong.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't expect you to be .... It's not a secret he isn't my favorite Cowboy player ... Nor one that values him for his future 5 year down the road potential

Exactly thats why it its hard for me to take your word on anything regarding Dez....at least your man enough to be honest about though.:suds:

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way you laid it out I would actually agree with you except for Iv'e never seen a healthy Dez not in the game but yeah Dez does need work for sure, but I believe the issues you point out are more of a reflection of his character problems. Dez has to work more to fix his character on and off the field more than his skills on the field imo.

This is the NFL, if he has not been arrested..there is no character problems.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey look Dez ran the correct route lol

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly thats why it its hard for me to take your word on anything regarding Dez....at least your man enough to be honest about though.:suds:

snook I just think if he had ( I dont want to compare him to Rice) .. so from this team ... 1/2 the desire to perfect his craft as say Lee ..... We are talking about him being one of the best.

I just dont see that in him.... He's still living off athletic ability
Thats just my opinion

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you on one thing He' never be as good as Rice. Rice worked and cared more than anyone.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you on one thing He' never be as good as Rice. Rice worked and cared more than anyone.

ahh Dez is 25. How old was rice when he retired?

I think we are jumping the gun on what Dez can & can't be. And how do you start to compare him to Rice at this stage anyway.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ahh Dez is 25. How old was rice when he retired?

I think we are jumping the gun on what Dez can & can't be. And how do you start to compare him to Rice at this stage anyway.

I look at Jerry how most see Jordan....there will never be another Jerry.