• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lol @ Charles saying clips are best in western conference

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way Blake is playing this year and a much improved supporting cast, he may be right.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now I think they are the best team, I am still not taking them over OKC in a 7 game series but I do think they are playing better than anybody else right now.

MIA, IND and OKC keep playing hot potato with the #1 overall seed, looks like the playoffs have a chance to go through LA again.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so IMO not enough defense. Don't have anyone that can guard durant. They better hope they don't match up with GSW or SAS those are the teams they struggle with most. Clips are a good matchup for my dubs.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't play good enough defense...improved yes...but it only had one direction to go...

And their half court game still is weak.

The playoffs are almost entirely about teams that play defense and can get half court points.

The Clippers are built the exact opposite of a playoff team.

That is why they get bounced early in the playoffs with this group.

The Clippers will not get past the 2nd round unless they can fix those same issues.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so IMO not enough defense. Don't have anyone that can guard durant. They better hope they don't match up with GSW or SAS those are the teams they struggle with most. Clips are a good matchup for my dubs.

umm no team really has anyone that can guard Durant.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers will fade away like they always do in the playoffs. That team just isn't built to win a title. Great for the reg season, though.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If LA is the best team it's because of their domination at times and how their Coach is prepping them. Doc is the perfect coach for a young but veteran team. He is drawing good bench players and developing Deandre as well

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't play good enough defense...improved yes...but it only had one direction to go...

And their half court game still is weak.

The playoffs are almost entirely about teams that play defense and can get half court points.

The Clippers are built the exact opposite of a playoff team.

That is why they get bounced early in the playoffs with this group.

The Clippers will not get past the 2nd round unless they can fix those same issues.

:agree: The Clippers defense has improved under Doc, but they are still too dependent on their offense for the playoffs, imo. When the offense isn't clicking, the Clippers haven't shown that they can win with their defense like the Spurs, Heat, Pacers, etc.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers are 8th in Defensive efficiency and are 6th in opp fg%

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess there goes the idea they are not good at D?

#2 in O Eff (behind MIA) but MIA is 13th in D eff.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone thinking it's the same old Clippers but it is not. In addition to Blake getting better, they also have better role players who aren't just spot up shooters which is how all of their role players last year were except Crawford. Keep sleeping on them

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone thinking it's the same old Clippers but it is not. In addition to Blake getting better, they also have better role players who aren't just spot up shooters which is how all of their role players last year were except Crawford. Keep sleeping on them

Last time I checked they were outside the top 10 hmm weird. But last year they were 9th and we saw how that turned out. We will see what happens gonna be interesting

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think their halfcourt offense will be a concern come playoff time. Generally not as fast of a game then. It's easy to score against the Lakers. Not a good game to judge them by.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need a sf to play against the elite guys in the game. They also need to watch out for hack a Jordan. Cp3 is somewhat matchup dependent in his playoff career too

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoff teams usually have:
1. Good Defense
2. Half court Offense
3 Best player being a truly gifted wing player or a dominant low post guy. (Usually both)
4. Ability to win on the road

The Clippers don't really have any of those things.
They are the most lacking of any of the contenders in those 4 things.

They allow way too many points and hope to beat teams with their transition offense.

They are horrible on the road.
Heck, two of their limited number of "road wins" are at Staple center versus the Lakers.

They are built entirely for regular season success.
I think they get bounced in the first round or second round at the most.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Good Defense
2. Half court Offense
3 Best player being a truly gifted wing player or a dominant low post guy. (Usually both)

They allow way too many points and hope to beat teams with their transition offense.

Heck, two of their limited number of "road wins" are at Staple center versus the Lakers.

Having a low post guy is not necessary but agree with everything else although clips play good D but is it good enough?

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Good Defense
2. Half court Offense

1. Top 8 in Def EFF which has already been stated.
2. Google these stats and that is not that big of a deal, they will be fine battling through the offensive minded west.
3. New age, you could argue both that they have both and that MIA has neither.
4. They still have a winning record on the road and their ppg differential is 4.2ppg better on the road than at home.

Their PPG is tied for #1 POR and their PPG allowed is 14th, not great but if you consider that their pace is 6th it makes more sense, eff tells a lot more about O or D strength than PPG. Just like point differntial says a lot more about team strength than just a record. Despite having the 7th best win percentage they are tied with IND for the best point differential.

Finally this really depends on who you consider true contenders?

IMO their are 3.5. OKC, MIA IND and LAC between the 4 add up to 3.5 true contenders. So yes in that list they are the mostish lacking. I would rather ride LAC chances than IND's tbh. D wins championships but you have to have SOME offense.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Top 8 in Def EFF which has already been stated.
2. Google these stats and that is not that big of a deal, they will be fine battling through the offensive minded west.
3. New age, you could argue both that they have both and that MIA has neither.
4. They still have a winning record on the road and their ppg differential is 4.2ppg better at home than on the road.

Their PPG is tied for #1 POR and their PPG allowed is 14th, not great but if you consider that their pace is 6th it makes more sense, eff tells a lot more about O or D strength than PPG. Just like point differntial says a lot more about team strength than just a record. Despite having the 7th best win percentage they are tied with IND for the best point differential.

Finally this really depends on who you consider true contenders?

IMO their are 3.5. OKC, MIA IND and LAC between the 4 add up to 3.5 true contenders. So yes in that list they are the mostish lacking. I would rather ride LAC chances than IND's tbh. D wins championships but you have to have SOME offense.

typo