• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lloyd McClendon

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember Rohn, but not the situation behind why they parted ways.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throwing people under the Bus ? What are you talking about ? Making a change is not throwing someone under the Bus ... You can only put up with sub-par baseball for so long as a manager... Your not gonna last long as a skipper in baseball if your worried about what others are gonna think ... You don't have to throw anyone under the Bus to make changes, do it internally and show leadership as a manager.... This isn't about bashing anyone it's about finding a winning formula with what you have... If Lloyd sticks to what's happening now, say bye bye Lloyd as the Mariners skipper, he won't last the year, mark it down...

I was under the impression that you wanted Lloyd to call him and single him out to the media like hes the only problem. I never wanted lloyd to not change the closer role I didnt think we were gonna put carson to close, looks like that worked out well

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of Cruz and Felix and probably toss in Haap, who has actually "played" for their skipper this year? Every other player that has played for the Mariners this season has made bonehead plays and multiple mistakes that aren't acceptable for major leaguers. There is no accountability from LMC's part, yes Jack has given him shit to work with but it is his job to put those shitty pieces in the best position to win and make them accountable for their actions. Had LMC treated Felix like anyone else on the team he would've kept him in the entire Yankees game and used the mound as an excuse afterwards.

The only thing i disagree with is that you think this is a shit team. I dont believe in that I think this is a great team its just under performing everyone picked us to win the division for a reason we have like 4 players on this team that have made all star appearances

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching that I think he needs to go. But the sad thing is that we're not going to be able to upgrade after all the years of GM's throwing managers under the bus to protect their own jobs. Just wait until the season is over and gut the franchise.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just took the bat out of the hands of one of the guys actually hitting to try a double steal with Cruz and Smith. I'm at a loss of how pathetic this is.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's lost it. He's trying to do things that the lineup won't allow.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing i disagree with is that you think this is a shit team. I dont believe in that I think this is a great team its just under performing everyone picked us to win the division for a reason we have like 4 players on this team that have made all star appearances

I don't think the team is completely garbage, it was put together shitty, and I still don't see the on paper how the team is suppose to be great. Really only guy is truly under performing. Everyone else is around their baseball cards. Jack put way to much faith in guys being above their level, I can't put that all on Lloyd but when guys are playing like their heads aren't in the game, their stud catcher A. Hasn't change his approach and B. Sucre only started like what 6 games which to me was unacceptable when your starting guy hasn't hit enough to say he is the guy who goes and plays every game except an afternoon game following a night game. Zunino definitely should be started but Sucre should have way more at bats than he has IMO and that's on Lloyd letting the younger guys hang themselves out there.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as many of us said, it was insane watching the hype about this team when the only thing we knew for sure that we added to improve the lineup was cruz

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMC post game.
"I thought we had real good at bats"
"Just couldn't get the big hit when we needed"
We had 7 hits. And 2 of them got cs.

Get a fucking clue.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMC post game.
"I thought we had real good at bats"
"Just couldn't get the big hit when we needed"
We had 7 hits. And 2 of them got cs.

Get a fucking clue.
he seriously said "real good at bats"?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember Rohn, but not the situation behind why they parted ways.

Ichiro hated one Hargroves guys on his staff and made the organization fire him (which is where the whole beating up Ichiro stuff came from) and Hargrove demanded that they must fire Rohn then too. Rohn was only on the staff because the organization not Hargrove. It was stupid politics and Rohn was vocal about it in the TNT otherwise my belief is he would've been back on the staff when Hargrove walked away.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay didn't know all that. Still like Hargrove telling the team to stick it. Still can't think of another franchise ever having 3 managers quit in a 10 year span like we had. Rare you ever see a manger quit at all. Most have to be carried out kicking and screaming. What does that say about upper management/ownership?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as many of us said, it was insane watching the hype about this team when the only thing we knew for sure that we added to improve the lineup was cruz

I have a hard time believing anyone here thought it would be this bad though...

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a hard time believing anyone here thought it would be this bad though...

adding cruz, i expected team power numbers to go up a little. not sure whether they have or not.

not sure what planet people were coming in from thinking the magical platoons made up of garbage were going to do anything else. having cruz play a bunch more outfield than expected is a fucking gift. add in an ultra slumping cano, and there is zero surprise to this team's performance offensively.

i thought the starting pitching would be better, and make up for what would have to be a drop off for the pen. turns out starting pitching isn't any better, and the pen is much, much worse. adding cruz to the offense isn't enough to make up for it.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
adding cruz, i expected team power numbers to go up a little. not sure whether they have or not.

not sure what planet people were coming in from thinking the magical platoons made up of garbage were going to do anything else. having cruz play a bunch more outfield than expected is a fucking gift. add in an ultra slumping cano, and there is zero surprise to this team's performance offensively.

i thought the starting pitching would be better, and make up for what would have to be a drop off for the pen. turns out starting pitching isn't any better, and the pen is much, much worse. adding cruz to the offense isn't enough to make up for it.

An old saying I use to hear back in Washington sums the off season up for me; 'You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig'.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was under the impression that you wanted Lloyd to call him and single him out to the media like hes the only problem. I never wanted lloyd to not change the closer role I didnt think we were gonna put carson to close, looks like that worked out well

Ah ok .. NO I didn't mean that....

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay didn't know all that. Still like Hargrove telling the team to stick it. Still can't think of another franchise ever having 3 managers quit in a 10 year span like we had. Rare you ever see a manger quit at all. Most have to be carried out kicking and screaming. What does that say about upper management/ownership?

I don't disagree with Hargroves decision either as most people don't want a guy on their staff that a. They don't want or b. The organization has groomed since Lou to get a shot. I blame Ichiro/the organization to allow a player to dictate how day to day business runs. Its one thing to allow a Lynch type guy who your team can't function without to dictate terms but Ichiro never won in Seattle. His ROY/MVP year was based on every other player on the team having a career year. I'm bias and loved Dan Rohn and it is a damn shame he never got a shot as the guy when yes men after yes men get hired. And yes I'm putting Lloyd in that category as he has given way too much time for guy's who should've been benched but were highly thought of by Jack. Most successful organizations have either a manager or GM who questions ownership and the Mariners have neither, even during the Yankees run Torre and Cashman put George in his place with his thinking money can buy whatever.