• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lloyd McClendon

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is gonna pack his bags right outta town along with Fernando Rodney if he continues to stand behind this guy as a closer... Their is NO #@$^%$ way you can continue to throw Rodney out their with the way he is struggling... It's to the point where Lloyd is just lacking leadership and blindly standing behind a guy... Maybe Rodney is a good guy, and Lloyd likes him, that's fine, use him in a different role ... DO SOMETHING, but don't tell us it's unfair to criticize Rodney and how he's won so many games in the past.... BS!!! Lloyd say's he can care less about Rodney's ERA and long as he closes them out.... He's NOT CLOSING THEM OUT!!!!!!!!! His comment is baffling really.... I"m afraid Lloyds day's might be numbered...

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think throwing your guy out there to the wolves would be the best way to handle this because other players are watching too and I dont think they would stand behind a manager that would hang his own player like that. Im sure Rodney feels like shit and if there were other options right now to close that would have happened right now. If he is going to make an example of rodney then you have to make an example out of robinson cano that guy is hitting like 4-22 right now and Seth Smith our OF is out performing him at the plate and logan morrison isnt far behind.

I mean come on the offense didnt put up a single run last game you cant put it on rodney for that one

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think throwing your guy out there to the wolves would be the best way to handle this because other players are watching too and I dont think they would stand behind a manager that would hang his own player like that. Im sure Rodney feels like shit and if there were other options right now to close that would have happened right now. If he is going to make an example of rodney then you have to make an example out of robinson cano that guy is hitting like 4-22 right now and Seth Smith our OF is out performing him at the plate and logan morrison isnt far behind.

I mean come on the offense didnt put up a single run last game you cant put it on rodney for that one

Doesn't matter about last night... he's been throwing mud ducks all season long now... You can't just say last night wasn't on Rodney everything is ok... This is collectively a lot of games now he's served it up ... You put Rodney out their you chalk up runs period... You can't just continue to change nothing based on the fact you might hurt other ego's ... Cano is a different story right now, you deal with him in his own time if he continues to struggle as well, it's called leadership .... Lloyd won't be here for long if he continues like this, he might not even finish the year ....

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodney has allowed runs in 9 of his last 13 appearances... :wash:

Texas fans enjoy that... Think about it... Rodney is our closer and he's allowed a run in 9 of his last 13 games - and he's still our closer!

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I put a ton of blame for this teams failures on lmc. I think a lot of his decisions have cost the Mariners games, several games. He is not putting the team in the best position to succeed often, and neither is Jack Z. It won't be easy to turn this team around.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McClendon basically said yesterday in an interview that he's stuck with what he's got. He didn't say it in a positive way. He didn't beat around the bush with it, either.

Whether he's right or not doesn't matter much to me at this point. To me, that's more about LMC sending a message to Lincoln and Mather that if anybody should be fired, it's Jackie Z.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter about last night... he's been throwing mud ducks all season long now... You can't just say last night wasn't on Rodney everything is ok... This is collectively a lot of games now he's served it up ... You put Rodney out their you chalk up runs period... You can't just continue to change nothing based on the fact you might hurt other ego's ... Cano is a different story right now, you deal with him in his own time if he continues to struggle as well, it's called leadership .... Lloyd won't be here for long if he continues like this, he might not even finish the year ....

that is NOT called leadership if i was a player and i was struggling and saw someone struggle and saw my manager throw his name out there to the media and isolate him like hes the only reason why were like 7 games under .500 I wouldnt ever want to play for him. im sure everyone is frustrated in that locker room this is embarrassing everybody picked us to win the division you have guys that are playing like scrubs that where either all stars last season or had high expectations. what do you want lloyd to do? Its not like we have a ton of closers to choose from to replace rodney.

these is atleast 15 losses this season where either the offense didnt show up or the starter go rocked if you want lloyd to go on a rant and starting throwing people under the bus there should be a list of other people along with rodney that should be called out. Personally im looking at Cano i hope he doesnt make the all star team so he can wake up and come down to earth

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is NOT called leadership if i was a player and i was struggling and saw someone struggle and saw my manager throw his name out there to the media and isolate him like hes the only reason why were like 7 games under .500 I wouldnt ever want to play for him. im sure everyone is frustrated in that locker room this is embarrassing everybody picked us to win the division you have guys that are playing like scrubs that where either all stars last season or had high expectations. what do you want lloyd to do? Its not like we have a ton of closers to choose from to replace rodney.

these is atleast 15 losses this season where either the offense didnt show up or the starter go rocked if you want lloyd to go on a rant and starting throwing people under the bus there should be a list of other people along with rodney that should be called out. Personally im looking at Cano i hope he doesnt make the all star team so he can wake up and come down to earth

Throwing people under the Bus ? What are you talking about ? Making a change is not throwing someone under the Bus ... You can only put up with sub-par baseball for so long as a manager... Your not gonna last long as a skipper in baseball if your worried about what others are gonna think ... You don't have to throw anyone under the Bus to make changes, do it internally and show leadership as a manager.... This isn't about bashing anyone it's about finding a winning formula with what you have... If Lloyd sticks to what's happening now, say bye bye Lloyd as the Mariners skipper, he won't last the year, mark it down...

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind, it's not like McClendon has a past history of being a great manager to begin with.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Outside of Cruz and Felix and probably toss in Haap, who has actually "played" for their skipper this year? Every other player that has played for the Mariners this season has made bonehead plays and multiple mistakes that aren't acceptable for major leaguers. There is no accountability from LMC's part, yes Jack has given him shit to work with but it is his job to put those shitty pieces in the best position to win and make them accountable for their actions. Had LMC treated Felix like anyone else on the team he would've kept him in the entire Yankees game and used the mound as an excuse afterwards.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McClendon basically said yesterday in an interview that he's stuck with what he's got. He didn't say it in a positive way. He didn't beat around the bush with it, either.

Whether he's right or not doesn't matter much to me at this point. To me, that's more about LMC sending a message to Lincoln and Mather that if anybody should be fired, it's Jackie Z.
^^^ This

I'm no McClendon supporter, but he's not the one that put this roster together and dealing with closing issues isn't as easy as people make it out to be. That role is all about swagger and confidence. If you are going to drop a guy down, even for a short period, you mess with that big time. Smith? Might be a good closer and we won't know until we try, but he could be another Nelson as well. Jeff was a crazy setup guy, but flopped every time they tried him at close and he isn't alone with that.

There is a lot of this stank from Jack Z on all of this. The guys he picked up are just sucking ass. And that goes for his long term guys like Ackley as well as his short term fixes like Weeks or Bloomquist or Ruggiano.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ This

I'm no McClendon supporter, but he's not the one that put this roster together and dealing with closing issues isn't as easy as people make it out to be. That role is all about swagger and confidence. If you are going to drop a guy down, even for a short period, you mess with that big time. Smith? Might be a good closer and we won't know until we try, but he could be another Nelson as well. Jeff was a crazy setup guy, but flopped every time they tried him at close and he isn't alone with that.

There is a lot of this stank from Jack Z on all of this. The guys he picked up are just sucking ass. And that goes for his long term guys like Ackley as well as his short term fixes like Weeks or Bloomquist or Ruggiano.

He is stuck with those shitty guys yes, but then make an example out of players. Weeks has zero value on the team except for by gosh he was a great 2B, sit Cano, Ackley blows but he is just as good as Jackson is now, sit Zunino, he is trying Morrison at leadoff so WTF isn't he just benching guys. Playing excuse maker isn't working, he's never set himself up as a players coach nor an old school manager. Pick a damn side, either try to get all the players on your side (which obviously he didn't care or Ruggiano would still be on the team) or light a fire and bring everyone together by hating you. All the best coach's of all time either have the players fear him or have enough talent to where they can sit on their ass and do nothing (Joe Torre) and obviously this team isn't the latter.

Managers are great when they have an identity, Lloyd doesn't have one, he isn't old school, isn't new school, he just coach's by the seat of his pants and for 3 months of his career in Seattle it worked the rest it has blown up in his face but those 3 months were so good he is allowed to say stupid shit to the media and fans and get away with it. Lloyd knows baseball but he isn't 1/100th of the player Ted Williams was and he had more integrity to not call the media and fans stupid for questioning his calls when he failed miserably as a manager.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is my argument with that; He has input as in M's getting him his man Jackson last year. Also, if he isn't man enough to speak up during the off season and say what he is missing but instead blows hot air on how good this team is and re-spots the same message during spring training, then to me he has no business leaving little hints about 'how he plays with what he has' bullshit.

Everything was good with him until it wasn't and now he hints it may not be his fault. Lou said it and then walked when they wouldn't do as he asked. That is not only a real manager, but a real man. Hint: This is why M's hire retreads for managers. They are just happy to have a job.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is my argument with that; He has input as in M's getting him his man Jackson last year. Also, if he isn't man enough to speak up during the off season and say what he is missing but instead blows hot air on how good this team is and re-spots the same message during spring training, then to me he has no business leaving little hints about 'how he plays with what he has' bullshit.

Everything was good with him until it wasn't and now he hints it may not be his fault. Lou said it and then walked when they wouldn't do as he asked. That is not only a real manager, but a real man. Hint: This is why M's hire retreads for managers. They are just happy to have a job.

Which looking back on it makes me respect Wedge, he gave a finger to Jack and the organization. Don't give me an extension but tell me to play these September call up garbage F you.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God I wish Dan Rohn hadn't black balled himself from a managerial position in the majors.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not supporting McClendon at all. Just want to make sure that's clear.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which looking back on it makes me respect Wedge, he gave a finger to Jack and the organization. Don't give me an extension but tell me to play these September call up garbage F you.

And Hargrove as well. He quit on a playoff contending team because he had it with Ichiro and his selfish ways and management wouldn't back him.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Hargrove as well. He quit on a playoff contending team because he had it with Ichiro and his selfish ways and management wouldn't back him.

Hargrove was part of the whole part Dan Rohn drama. I can't remember who it was that the ownership/Ichiro wanted Hargrove to fire but he said if he was going to fire him they had to fire his heir apparent. But then Hargrove up and quit and Rohn had already ripped Hargrove/Ichiro and the Mariners organization costing himself a manager's position in the MLB.