• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LIV vs PGA

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha ha! I just heard Dan Hicks say that this Pete Dye course is like no other course in the world because of its unparrelled Drama on the back nine that he designed and built in. I wonder if Hicks has ever heard of Augusta National? Now that course is set up for back nine drama. Sawgrass is pretty mundane other than the last three holes.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. You are still wrong. Bomb and gouge began in the McIlroy, Dustin Johnson era and went into Thomas' era and now all players play that way. But its generally assumed that bomb and gouge began around 2006

It's easy to spot the new world order in the late 1990s/early 2000s when a young Tiger was hitting wedges into Augusta National's par 5s, and winning majors by, at times, uncompetitive margins. Those who survived best—Vijay Singh, Phil Mickelson, Ernie Els—were unsurprisingly the ones who also chased a distance advantage. And as courses became longer, so did future generations.

Do you enjoy always being wrong?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you enjoy always being wrong?
Ha ha. I guess you didn't read the whole article you posted. And anyone who thinks the bomb and gouge era is over, need only look at Rahm and McIlroy, Thomas and the whole gang. The driver 8 iron they hit to par 5s should tell you that. Do you even watch golf at all?

Last edited:

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McIlroy stumbled in at 76 today. Karma is a wonderful thing.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha ha. They just showed Cam Smith in a commercial for the TSR Titleist driver during the Players. Monahan is going to be furious with NBC.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty sad that Finchem and Monaham used their influence to nix Cam Smith's application to join at Pablo Creek. One of the very best players in the world can't get accepted into a local high end club. Monahan is a real bitch.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha ha. They just showed Cam Smith in a commercial for the TSR Titleist driver during the Players. Monahan is going to be furious with NBC.

have they shown him in the gallery yet?

he said he might hang out and watch

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is a disgrace. Its impossible to root for these greedy assholes like McIlroy and Thomas

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
have they shown him in the gallery yet?

he said he might hang out and watch
I hope he does. My understanding is he went and played golf with friends at a public course today

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And with that, irony is officially dead.
The difference is the LIV guys are unapologetic about it. McIlroy thinks he's a hero and it is so disingenuous. Here is a dude who made 200 million last year just in endorsements whining about "blood money"

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

People are starting to quit drinking the PGA Kool Aid

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

People are starting to quit drinking the PGA Kool Aid
I think it's just referencing that a few LIV golfers will be at the majors and were not here. I have no idea what that has to do with your "point", but whatever...

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's just referencing that a few LIV golfers will be at the majors and were not here. I have no idea what that has to do with your "point", but whatever...
The PGA was trying to say that these wre the best players in the world but they were not. Several of them and many big names were in LIV. What the dude is saying is the only tournaments that can be caalled unique and above the rest are the ones that will have both PGA and LIV players and there are only four of them.
Unfortunately for the PGA, the Players this year was a classic example. You cannot have a top-quality tournament when the guys who placed first, second and third last year are not invited this year.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The PGA was trying to say that these wre the best players in the world but they were not. Several of them and many big names were in LIV. What the dude is saying is the only tournaments that can be caalled unique and above the rest are the ones that will have both PGA and LIV players and there are only four of them.
Unfortunately for the PGA, the Players this year was a classic example. You cannot have a top-quality tournament when the guys who placed first, second and third last year are not invited this year.
This is when I know you are trolling. Forget that 19 of the top 20 golfers in the world were there...Anirban Lahiri wasn't so it was a subpar field.

What is your infatuation with trolling? Why can't you have a normal conversation?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is when I know you are trolling. Forget that 19 of the top 20 golfers in the world were there...Anirban Lahiri wasn't so it was a subpar field.

What is your infatuation with trolling? Why can't you have a normal conversation?
But not some of the names that people want to see like Mickelson, Johnson, Smith, Reed, Koepka, DeChambeau, Garcia, Neimann, Ancer, on and on. If you can't see that then no wonder you think I'm trolling. There were maybe 40 guys out of the 145 players that the everyday golf fan would even recognize.
Was there any doubt in your mind when you saw that Scheffler was the only name player on the board after Day 2 and Dildo had already missed the cut and Rahm got sick. It was a done deal. Those other hackers can't play under pressure.

The point is when your top three finishers from last year are not invited, then you have a problem. You cannot continue with the "5th Major" nonsense.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But not some of the names that people want to see like Mickelson, Johnson, Smith, Reed, Koepka, DeChambeau, Garcia, Neimann, Ancer, on and on. If you can't see that then no wonder you think I'm trolling. There were maybe 40 guys out of the 145 players that the everyday golf fan would even recognize.
Was there any doubt in your mind when you saw that Scheffler was the only name player on the board after Day 2 and Dildo had already missed the cut and Rahm got sick. It was a done deal. Those other hackers can't play under pressure.

The point is when your top three finishers from last year are not invited, then you have a problem. You cannot continue with the "5th Major" nonsense.
If you are truly a golf fan...you want to watch a tournament with 19 of the top 20 players in the world. Not an exhibition with 1 of the top 20.

It's really that simple.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are truly a golf fan...you want to watch a tournament with 19 of the top 20 players in the world. Not an exhibition with 1 of the top 20.

It's really that simple.
If you think that those players in LIV are not among the best in the world and you follow the ridiculous World rankings then you don't know golf. I could name you 25, maybe 30 LIV players who are better than more than half the field in The Players. Go take a look at those 144 names and tell me who you even recognize.
And "exhibition" is absolutely laughable it doesn't even deserve a comment.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only one of the guys you listed are "some of the best players in the world"

And honestly, who knows how good he is anymore because he's not even cleaning up on the LIV tour.

True poverty hours over there.