• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Linebackers

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think JH @ JJ will split time @ ROLB and Moats will man the LOLB with reinforcement from JH, and as you said probably Hojo/Lemon/Z/ or rookie getting some snaps there.

I keep going back to the increased DL factor. We'll have to see how many 4 DL fronts Butler employs if any...10%, 20%. etc...I really think on DEF...his 4th DL is better than his 4th LB.
One guy that I completely overlooked is that Roosevelt Nix guy we picked up. Got released by Atlanta. I've been reading that he is made from the same mold as JH in that he is freakishly strong, and also from Kent State. Atlanta teammates were quoted in saying they didn't understand why they cut him. Something to do with a position change from LB to FB (where they needed him) but couldn't justify the need enough to keep him on the 53. Only knock i've read about him is that he is a tad slow. But JH was never a barn burner neither. Excited to see what he brings to the table.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking that we are going to see someone emerge from this group:
Hojo, Z-man, Nix & Lemon.

Each one of them has a tremendous desire to be great. I'm almost willing to bet money that one of them pushes for some sort of role. Something like, "he's just too good to keep off of the field". Even just for 5-10 snaps per game. One could even throw V-Williams into this discussion, but more for a starting role instead of a smaller subpackage type role. We already know what he brings to the table. That fire is what this unit needs.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think JH @ JJ will split time @ ROLB and Moats will man the LOLB with reinforcement from JH, and as you said probably Hojo/Lemon/Z/ or rookie getting some snaps there.

I keep going back to the increased DL factor. We'll have to see how many 4 DL fronts Butler employs if any...10%, 20%. etc...I really think on DEF...his 4th DL is better than his 4th LB.

i'D like to see JJ switch to the left side while JH and Moats alternate time on the right side. I'd ALSO like to see all 3 of them rotate thru both outside LB positions in preseason/practice. That way there isn't a drop off if an injury occurs to any of the 3 of them.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One guy that I completely overlooked is that Roosevelt Nix guy we picked up. Got released by Atlanta. I've been reading that he is made from the same mold as JH in that he is freakishly strong, and also from Kent State. Atlanta teammates were quoted in saying they didn't understand why they cut him. Something to do with a position change from LB to FB (where they needed him) but couldn't justify the need enough to keep him on the 53. Only knock i've read about him is that he is a tad slow. But JH was never a barn burner neither. Excited to see what he brings to the table.

Ya know...Nix went under my radar...maybe the new regime here in ATL will be better talent evaluators...I do remember him in camp here though...maybe he can be that diamond in the rough we've been looking for. Hojo made some noise LY...maybe these guys are for real.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'D like to see JJ switch to the left side while JH and Moats alternate time on the right side. I'd ALSO like to see all 3 of them rotate thru both outside LB positions in preseason/practice. That way there isn't a drop off if an injury occurs to any of the 3 of them.

If you're facing a LH running team...JJ on the
right is good...I get it, him vs a RT...but I'm not thinking he can play on the strong side of the formation too often, not against the run anyway.

JJ...imo he's a better 4-3 OLB...I hope Butler brings a scheme that puts the best players on the field at least on early downs, and right now I still think that should be 4 DL.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
philip wheeler and mcclain are still out there, gotta be better than some of what we got

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
philip wheeler and mcclain are still out there, gotta be better than some of what we got
I can't put a finger on McClain... Just when I thought he was a complete deadbeat he turns it all around. I'd still be VERY leery of signing him. Arrests, failed tests, disorderly conduct, etc... Scary

Wheeler... I'd be pretty happy to have him on board. Not exactly confident that he is better than what we have. He's basically the same player as Moats but less productive as a pass rusher.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't put a finger on McClain... Just when I thought he was a complete deadbeat he turns it all around. I'd still be VERY leery of signing him. Arrests, failed tests, disorderly conduct, etc... Scary

Wheeler... I'd be pretty happy to have him on board. Not exactly confident that he is better than what we have. He's basically the same player as Moats but less productive as a pass rusher.

In lieu of those guys I'd like to see Hojo, Lemon, and Z-man to get as many reps as possible to see if these guys can contribute.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In lieu of those guys I'd like to see Hojo, Lemon, and Z-man to get as many reps as possible to see if these guys can contribute.
Like I've said... Someone has got to rise up from that crop. Nix can be added as well. Hungry group.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after doing some draft research......i love this guy

will be a 3-4 OLB

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03