• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lindquist to start vs Hawaii

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lindquist has been the more consistent of the two QB's going for that game recently and has been making better decisions. Williams has more threats with running as well as passing, but has been making too many mistakes.

Still, Hawaii is just terrible so I'm not sure how much it matters how's at the helm that day. And Miles will have Eastern Wa to serve as his warm up game.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep had a feeling this was gonna happen, hey get the suspension done Myles is back the following week and get's his game feet back...

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just noticed Regent already posted this in the pac thread. Hard to get one past him. :nod:

I have to log out to view the main boards though, so no robots for me please!

You're probably right about Miles, but from reading the article it doesnt sound like anyones a sure bet at QB.

We don't need some QB battle all season long. That never works out well.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have more than one QB, you don't have any.

The difference here is Miles is just substantially behind with this new coaching staff. Sure, they gave him the playbook and worked with him behind the scenes when he was suspended in the spring, but not having time on the field with his receivers, line, and backs stunted his development within this new system. So we may have a situation where no one is clearly ahead, but only because the other two QB's had a LOT more reps to get where they are.

The good news is, even with the suspension for the first game Miles will still have 3 full games against less than challenging teams to get his shit together and get in sync with this offense.

It's possible for Lindquist to impress with his poise and decision making at Hawaii, but I think we all know Miles is a better option against Stanford, Oregon, and the other behemoths of the conference with his running capability and his experience if nothing else.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a gift from the FB gods that in the first year of CP era and trying to replace ASJ, Sankey, and Prices offensive output, we have a string of 4 very winnable OOC games. We can't sleep on any of these teams and if we lay an egg in any, could get a very embarrassing L, but still, it's nice to have this gift to especially get the 2014 QB resolved by the time PAC play starts.

Go Dawgs!!!

bigdaddytorr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was not impressed with Lindquist. I have to admit that I saw a lot of potential in the first half but the second half was baaaaaad. Way too many over thrown balls or balls behind the receiver. The scariest thing to see from a QB is consistent inaccuracy.