• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Liberty U

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's nice to have a tune-up game this week, but I'm wondering if it might be better to do it like the SEC. Have a lessor opponent in late Oct. or Nov. as a break from the conference grind.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was screaming that last year, IMHO TCU beat us twice last year, once in Morgantown then again in Austin vs the Longhorns. You give us Towson or a bye between TCU and Texas and imo we win that one. The SEC has it right, they protect their teams better than anyone and I applaud them for it. The Big12 should do the same.

The Liberty and Towson's ect. should have zero problem playing the P5 team whenever, GS just got 800,000+k for coming to Morgantown for that game, who cares if it had been in November? These teams in these meat grinder conferences need the break.

CoolBeans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side note: The Big Ugly, I mean the Big 10 (14) has done a phenomenal scheduling job with their new divisions. Intentionally, they kept tough cross-division games away until the future, knowing that schools ebb and flow in power and strength. I personally don't like it.... But it is VERY SMART. OSU's cross divisional games are Minnesota at home and at Illinois. Wisconsin plays at Maryland and Rutgers. (Me thinks they under-estimate Maryland, however) Michigan St. gets Nebraska and Purdue. Nebraska gets Michigan St. and Rutgers. Notice the "projected" second place teams play each other... as a schedule boost to build up the computer rankings. and then they play Putz teams. This is intentional scheduling at its finest. This is one reason that if the Big 12 expands to 12 it would be to the conferences advantage. Like it or not, Oklahoma and Texas could be "protected" early on... and as a conference whole, we need a strong Texas and Oklahoma. I prefer them to be second.... if you get my drift, but I am not dumb. If OU and UT are down, the perception of the conference is down, like it or not. All conferences suffer the same thing, if Florida St. and Miami are down, the ACC suffers, if Michigan and Ohio St. are down, the Big 10 looks weak, if USC, Oregon are off, the PAC 12 looks bad, and if Alabama, Auburn, LSU and A&M all have down years the SEC West looks bad. And the SEC East... down. Florida is down, GA is perceived as overrated, and Tennessee is perceived as overrated.

Expansion fixes A LOT of issues with the Dog Eat Dog Big 12.

CoolBeans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the flip side of that argument, though, ... We kind of have a built in game like that in our conference during conference play. Unfortunately, they are called the Kansas Jayhawks.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEC does it right.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody does it right. Teams need to eliminate the patsy games.
As long as the SEC schedules this way, with a breather game or bye scheduled towards the end of the season, they are not penalized by losing their ranking/poll spot. Until teams have too eliminate patsy teams, the SEC does it right. Anyways, what is wrong with scheduling a patsy team and add to their coffers?

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was screaming that last year, IMHO TCU beat us twice last year, once in Morgantown then again in Austin vs the Longhorns. You give us Towson or a bye between TCU and Texas and imo we win that one. .

I personally feel that Charlie Strong just has our number. Although the letdown after TCU didn't help.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEC wanted to put its members in the best position to finish 1 or 2 in the final BCS rankings. You really have to tip your hat to their leadership. How many years did the top SEC team fail to play the best of their cross division rivals?

Allowing SEC teams to move up in the rankings… or to secure their lofty rankings… by placing a FCS opponent late in the season was a brilliant decision.

BSnyder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have Root TV and can't find a live stream of the game, can anyone provide a link to get the game online? Thanks!

BSnyder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you! I'll check it out.