• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Le'Veon Bell

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no. did i have a running back in mind when the steelers took bell in 2013? no, not really. i don't actually work for the team, terry. i have faith in the front office to acquire talent, and then the coaching staff to develop that talent
Oh good lord. Y'all need to stop being so sensitive. You don't look at top draft talent or mock drafts to see who the prospects that we could get are?

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh good lord. Y'all need to stop being so sensitive. You don't look at top draft talent or mock drafts to see who the prospects that we could get are?

no, i haven't. why is that me being sensitive?? i will eventually, but for fuck sake, it's still january.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, i haven't. why is that me being sensitive?? i will eventually, but for fuck sake, it's still january.
We pretty much know what our needs are right now. Unless tragedy strikes and Ben retires and/or Bell isn't signed, we know where we need talent.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trying to prove you wrong, relax. You're not the only person I've asked this of. I want to know who your solution is if Bell is not our RB. James Conner, who's had 2 knee surgeries on the same knee in the last 2 years, but he had 4.5 ypc this year before the injury so he's 1/2 of your solution. I am curious as to who you would want as the other half of the duo.
Well if he's 1/2 the solution then you only need to provide the other half of the pie, correct? Conner was productive as a receiver (Sr year) in college so we could look at those numbers if necessary.

2018 RB FA's:
1. Bell
2. Dion Lewis... Wildcard type, but proved capable of handling the workhorse job
3. Carlos Hyde... Best FA IMO. Will command 2nd highest contract.
4. Frank Gore... Old but productive
5. Isaiah Crowell... Productive. Not really a good receiver though.
6. LeGarrette Blount
7. Orleans Darkwa

Those 5 guys all had north of 700yds rushing this season & around 200yds receiving. That's more than half of what we would be looking for if Conner IS that other piece.

2018 draft prospects:
1. Saquon Barkley. Top 5 prospect, no possibility they draft him.
in no particular order:
Derrius Guice
Bryce Love
Kerryon Johnson
Ronald Jones
Nick Chubb
Sony Michel
Damien Harris
Royce Freeman

I think any of these names are worthy of discussion and the Steelers will have the opportunity to draft a handful of these guys.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Hubbard and Moats will be FAs next year so their contract won't his us anymore. Hunter is probably gone too. There's another mil.
As I already said, my numbers do not count UFA/RFA's on the books. Meaning their dismissal doesn't save my numbers anything. Hunter is only UC for 2017 so he too is off my numbers and wont save us anything.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if he's 1/2 the solution then you only need to provide the other half of the pie, correct? Conner was productive as a receiver (Sr year) in college so we could look at those numbers if necessary.

2018 RB FA's:
1. Bell
2. Dion Lewis... Wildcard type, but proved capable of handling the workhorse job
3. Carlos Hyde... Best FA IMO. Will command 2nd highest contract.
4. Frank Gore... Old but productive
5. Isaiah Crowell... Productive. Not really a good receiver though.
6. LeGarrette Blount
7. Orleans Darkwa

Those 5 guys all had north of 700yds rushing this season & around 200yds receiving. That's more than half of what we would be looking for if Conner IS that other piece.

2018 draft prospects:
1. Saquon Barkley. Top 5 prospect, no possibility they draft him.
in no particular order:
Derrius Guice
Bryce Love
Kerryon Johnson
Ronald Jones
Nick Chubb
Sony Michel
Damien Harris
Royce Freeman

I think any of these names are worthy of discussion and the Steelers will have the opportunity to draft a handful of these guys.

I agree, Hyde is the best available. Gore is too old in my opinion, Crowell and Darkwa are a no also for me. Gotta look more at Lewis' stats but I know he's been able to get the job done at New England. He had his best season this year with New England.

I'm not sold on anyone in the draft but Love and Chubb are the only guys I'd draft in this class over signing Hyde or Lewis.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, Hyde is the best available. Gore is too old in my opinion, Crowell and Darkwa are a no also for me. Gotta look more at Lewis' stats but I know he's been able to get the job done at New England. He had his best season this year with New England.

I'm not sold on anyone in the draft but Love and Chubb are the only guys I'd draft in this class over signing Hyde or Lewis.
Gore may be too old, but he’s capable of bridging the gap while a youngster like Chubb or Love get up to speed. And at this point in his career he could be looking at contenders only, or retirement. Won’t command a big contract

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gore may be too old, but he’s capable of bridging the gap while a youngster like Chubb or Love get up to speed. And at this point in his career he could be looking at contenders only, or retirement. Won’t command a big contract

So we sign Gore, draft someone this year and also have Conner?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bell is out of the equation then...

1) I'd shop Bryant as soon as the 2017 season ends. I wouldn't discriminate by age either. Whether that means simply "bridging the gap" or gambling on a younger prospect. Hell if they have enough faith in the draft they could even get a draft pick for him. But even if a Bryant trade doesn't happen I still think they bring in a FA or 2.
2) Since Conner is the only RB under contract next year, I'd say a draftee is almost a 100% guarantee regardless. To a coach or GM its always a numbers game. The more talent provided, the better chance of success.

It's a gamble no matter how you dice it, but there's always options.

A 2nd for Bryant...yes, I would make that trade...preferably to a team like NYG...and I would go after the kid from SDSU...Rashaad Penny in the 2nd as a complement or competition with Connor.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Christ, Rapaport loves making himself look like an ass. He's has it out for the Steelers, always has. Releases a report that Haley won't be the OC next year because of turmoil between him & Ben, and now this?

Loved when he said AB was holding out a year or 2 ago because he missed 1-2 VOLUNTARY practices, only to find out he was at the hospital during the birth of his child. Rapaport is a schmuck.

Was kinda hoping the OC story was true :nod:

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 2nd for Bryant...yes, I would make that trade...preferably to a team like NYG...and I would go after the kid from SDSU...Rashaad Penny in the 2nd as a complement or competition with Connor.

i would LOVE for the Steelers to get rashad penny

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hunter, Senesbaugh, Dobbs, Wilcox, Hawkins, Feiler and McCullers are inactive.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I hear right that the Steelers did in fact tag Bell?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was kinda hoping the OC story was true :nod:
I believe it is. I don't remember where I posted it, but I think i was talking to @Ewa PGH Fan about it somewhere. Makes sense for Haley to be on the chopping block. Not only for his playcalling, but mainly because the disconnect between him & Ben has been very evident this season. And Fichtner taking the reins would give Ben more reason to come back for 1 more season. I like the idea.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we sign Gore, draft someone this year and also have Conner?
I'd have confidence in that group. Again, not to replace Bell's production 100%, but to be able to win football games.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I hear right that the Steelers did in fact tag Bell?
According to the media-whore Rapaport they "plan to". But I wouldn't believe it until I hear it from Rooney, Colbert or Tomlin. This is nothing more than smoke at the moment.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the media-whore Rapaport they "plan to". But I wouldn't believe it until I hear it from Rooney, Colbert or Tomlin. This is nothing more than smoke at the moment.

Ok, thanks... Didn't think it was true

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hunter, Senesbaugh, Dobbs, Wilcox, Hawkins, Feiler and McCullers are inactive.

McCullers' big ass needs to be gone after this season; dude is absolutely worthless

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, thanks... Didn't think it was true
Rapaport is always the first to take a dive on speculation. He doesn't care how big of a schmuck he makes himself look because his employers only care about 'click counts' & publicity, whether its negative or positive.

Gotta love the media