• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lets talk Jacob Coker...

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of folks are talking, and I get the feeling this guy is going to transfer to Bama. The reactions are mixed among Bama fans on other boards. Some people don't like it, they say we're taking FSU's leftovers, others don't care because there is some serious buzz about how good this cat is. Here's what his own QB coach had to say about him...

"I've never had anybody with his size who throws it as well as he does," said FSU QB coach Randy Sanders who's been around big-time programs since his days as a Tennessee player in the mid-80s with the Vols star-crossed quarterback Tony Robinson. "Jake has a really quick release with tremendous arm strength. Rarely does it not spiral or not go where he wants it to go."

Asked if Coker's arm is even better than Winston, the resident Heisman winner, Sanders paused for a few breaths before saying, "Coker's arm is kind of at a different level. Jameis has a very special arm, and this isn't any knock against Jameis, but Jake's probably the best I've seen in 25 years at throwing it."

Here's a link to that article... The rise of Florida State backup Jacob Coker, a very hot commodity - CBSSports.com

I'm pretty excited about the possibility of bringing this dude in. If he really does have first round talent like people are saying, we'd be set.

A guy named DC Reeves, he covers the Alabama football team for tidesports.com now, but the last 2 years he covered FSU, and he posted this earlier in a thread about Coker....

"I've said this on this board many times. I watched the guy practice the last two years and he has as big a college arm as I've ever seen. He can also really move around. IMO he would be without a doubt the most talented QB Saban has had at Alabama.

How that translates with the mental part of the game is the unknown."

I hope we get him and see what he can do.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see why people would have a problem with it.

The bottom line is that if he transfers, he is still going to need to win the job. If he wins the job, then it's because he is the best QB we have. If he isn't the best QB for us, then he doesn't win the job.

Don't give a fuck if anyone says he is FSU leftovers.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to have him come to Alabama. Honestly, I don't see Blake Sims as a starter and that would leave leave the starting QB job to a young guy who has never taken a snap in college football. He can play right away as long as he graduates and I think he could help us.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see why people would have a problem with it.

The bottom line is that if he transfers, he is still going to need to win the job. If he wins the job, then it's because he is the best QB we have. If he isn't the best QB for us, then he doesn't win the job.

Don't give a fuck if anyone says he is FSU leftovers.

Agree 100%. I don't care who it is, if he's the guy that is most prepared to lead us to another title, then I'm all for him.