• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's put this Warriors 'chemistry problem' to bed

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see them play the games.

Two future Hall-of-Famers were in Nash and Kobe were experimented in the same backcourt in 2013...They won 45 games that year.

Bad example. We have no idea how well that may have worked. Nash was injured early and was never a factor.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I highly doubt they will be clicking on all cylinders from game 1.

Not clicking on all cylinders because they are getting used to playing together is not the same thing as chemistry issues.

The Heat didn't click on all cylinders for pretty much the entire first season when they had Lebron, D-Wade and Bosh. But it wasn't because of chemistry issues it was from being too unselfish.

If the Warriors don't click right away, it's more likely to be because they are being too unselfish than because of chemistry.

When I think of a championship caliber team struggling because of chemistry, I think of teams like the Cavs at times over the past 2 seasons or the Lakers with Shaq, Kobe, Payton and Malone.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EXACTLY

I mean is this a REAL thread?

put to bed chemistry concerns before they have played ONE GAME? lol...

I disagree. Chemistry issues occur when someone is unhappy with their role to the point that it effects their play on the floor. As I mentioned in the previous post, the Cavs at times over the past 2 seasons are a good example because of Love being unhappy with his role.

The 4 Hall of Famer lineup the Lakers tried is an even better example because none of those guys were happy.

Guys being too unselfish isn't a chemistry problem, imo.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not clicking on all cylinders because they are getting used to playing together is not the same thing as chemistry issues.

The Heat didn't click on all cylinders for pretty much the entire first season when they had Lebron, D-Wade and Bosh. But it wasn't because of chemistry issues it was from being too unselfish.

If the Warriors don't click right away, it's more likely to be because they are being too unselfish than because of chemistry.

When I think of a championship caliber team struggling because of chemistry, I think of teams like the Cavs at times over the past 2 seasons or the Lakers with Shaq, Kobe, Payton and Malone.
i think you are wrong and bskballer is right.

Their is a marked difference between "liking each other" and "chemistry issues" on the court. Those are not the same thing.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think you are wrong and bskballer is right.

Their is a marked difference between "liking each other" and "chemistry issues" on the court. Those are not the same thing.

Exactly. Chemistry issues occur when one or more of the main players is unhappy with their role. Kevin Love has been unhappy with his role over the past couple of seasons. At times, it has created problems on the court, even though he, Lebron and Kyrie all seem to genuinely like each other.

In their first season together the Heat's big 3 all genuinely liked each other, but struggled at times because they were too unselfish, but no one was unhappy in their role.

I think that if the Warriors struggle, it will be more like the Heat than the Cavs.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Chemistry issues occur when one or more of the main players is unhappy with their role. Kevin Love has been unhappy with his role over the past couple of seasons. At times, it has created problems on the court, even though he, Lebron and Kyrie all seem to genuinely like each other.

In their first season together the Heat's big 3 all genuinely liked each other, but struggled at times because they were too unselfish, but no one was unhappy in their role.

I think that if the Warriors struggle, it will be more like the Heat than the Cavs.

I agree with the bolded part

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i dont think its being unhappy with your role either- i think its how the guys work together-

you can be happy with your roll, happy with your teammates- and not have great on the court chemistry- great on the court chemistry takes time- ESPECIALLY when you are adding a historically predominant ISO player who takes almost 20 shots a game.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You still expect them to win a hell of a lot more than 45 games...Not to mention they also had Pau Gasol and Dwight Howard...

Dwight was a headcase and didn't want to be in LA. Nash was old as fuck and played no defense...I guess Curry doesn't play very good defense either but still...no comparison

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the bolded part

I do agree with your statement that it's too early to put potential chemistry issues to bed. Of course adding that 1 more guy could be the "tipping point" that causes someone to be unhappy.

I don't think it's the most likely reason they could struggle based on what we have seen from the Warriors and from the fact that we've seen KD criticized at times for being too unselfish. But to rule it out before they've even had a practice together seems a bit premature.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think its being unhappy with your role either- i think its how the guys work together-

you can be happy with your roll, happy with your teammates- and not have great on the court chemistry- great on the court chemistry takes time- ESPECIALLY when you are adding a historically predominant ISO player who takes almost 20 shots a game.

Pretty much any team that has had issues on the court due to chemistry has been because someone was unhappy in their role. I can't think of a team that has had chemistry issues where everyone was happy in their role.

Guys who haven't played together struggling because they are learning to play together isn't a chemistry issue. It's a time playing together issue. Learning each others tendencies, where they like the ball, communication on defense, etc.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you? Oh right, you expect the Pacers to win a championship while George is on the team.

Let's look at this vaunted backcourt. Hmm, I see 39 starts between Darius Morris/Chris Duhon/Steve Blake. You can throw in another 10 from Jodie Meeks if you'd like.

And if injuries strike the Warriors the way it did the Lakers that year (Steph and Durant have had those in the past), they would be forced to trot out the likes of Anderson Varejao, Ian Clark, and Kevon Looney.

What's your point?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone, including Warrior fans, saying that there won't be any chemistry issues is just wishful thinking at this point. I've said countless times there will be a definite learning curve with this team. There's going to be adjustments needed across the entire roster. The only two players who's role doesn't change on this team is Iguodala and Livingston. Aside from them either more or less is needed from nearly every person on the roster.

That's a tall order, especially considering the overall turnover on this team. In my concerns, I posted chemistry issues (in the form of offensive continuity) about this team. I have always said though if there is any group of players who could make this work, it'll be this team.

Chemistry is built up over time. To say it's not going to be an issue would not be an accurate statement. You can debate the likelyhood of this being a lingering issue, but not the fact that it is an issue.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the talk of how 4 stars can't coexist, expected fights over who is 'the man'...

Not a chance, y'all. The team was already noted for their chemistry, how tight they were, no egos, all likeable guys who would go through walls for each other (including Draymond, especially him, if he's on your team you love him), for example Iguodala accepting the 'bench' role without a peep.

Now add KD, also known for an ego in check (almost to a fault). He's going to fit right in from day 1, this is a perfect spot for him.

The Warriors are NOT a team that will have chemistry problems :nono:

So the haters need to come up with something else, this one is done.

Nothing is done, they haven't even played together yet. There will be growing pains.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got the new look Warriors going 80-2 (the 2 losses will be to the Cavs:D) during the regular season only to get swept outta the 1st round by the Lakers.:pound: Oh who am I kidding? The Lakers couldn't make the playoffs in the D League.

Goodbye...:bolt:

:peep:

CELTICS IN SEVEN!!!:hope:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty ridiculous claim to say they won't have any chemistry issues

I think we've got different definitions of 'chemistry'. This post was me addressing the idea that there would be personality problems on the team, with 4 stars having problems sharing the spotlight and figuring out who's '#1' and scoring averages going down for some etc. That simply will not be a problem.

They will of course need some games to figure out their best method for playing together. That's not chemistry (to me). That's what happens any time you add significant new pieces to a team. But the players will all get along and no one will mind their role.